GEC WATCH colors lost first position

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
With two chart toppers, STAR takes top spot
afaqs! news bureau | afaqs! | Mumbai, March 05, 2010

With 300 GRPs in Week 9, STAR Plus has usurped the No. 1 player. The channel, which was in the No. 2 position last week, has garnered 22 per cent share of the overall GEC (general entertainment channel) pie. Colors, meanwhile, has garnered 21 per cent share in Week 9.

Zee TV at No. 3, has maintained its position in the latest week with 18 per cent share. It has accumulated 246 GRPs. Sony, at No. 4, has lost its share in the latest week, coming down from 12 per cent in Week 8 to 10 per cent in Week 9. The channel's GRP stands at 139.

NDTV Imagine has recorded 123 GRPs in the latest week and has garnered 9 per cent relative share; it occupies the No. 5 position. DD1 has garnered 8 per cent share, followed by SAB, which has maintained its 6 per cent share.

STAR One and Sahara One have garnered 3 per cent and 2 per cent shares respectively. STAR Utsav and 9X have recorded 1 per cent share each.

Two of STAR Plus' shows take the topmost ranks in the Top 10 most watched programmes' list. Both Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Bidayi have garnered TVRs of 7.5 each. Pavitra Rishta on Zee is the third most watched programme, garnering a TVR of 6.1. Uttaran and Na Aana Iss Des Laado on Colors take the fourth and fifth positions respectively, with TVRs of 5.6 and 5.1 respectively.

The other shows in the list include Balika Vadhu, Jhansi Ki Rani, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Chhoti Bahu and Pratigya.

Colors is soon losing to Star plus as the stories is losing it's sheen they are all losing on ideas be it lado, balika badhu,uttaran are all going absurd way and the serials  are stagnant there and there.Balika Badhu they don't have nothing to show but dragging along same with lado all crap is being dished out to audience soon it will fall below Sahara and real.It came as a whiff of fresh air showing  all ideal things if you sow good you will get good but now it is opposite if you sow good you will get bad so i am also switching to Star Plus slowing 😊

i dnt think thts the case anymore tho...star regained its position cos of bidaai n tht was cos evry1 watched the highly promoted dance competition..after tht epi bidaai's trps hav fallen... so i dnt think star wil b able to maintain its no1 position for long nt until bidaai CV sort out their storylines...

jus hpe uttaran gts better..

I dont think starplus can retain this position...i think colours has some new good shows showing between 9-10 pm..they may soon take over bidai as bidai is becoming unbearable to watch...i agree though that some of the colours shows are loosing their charm..lado is totally going down from its original story line....people are soon going to get bored of raghav siya as a couple because of lack of suspense...balika vadhu as well seems short of tracks......but uttaran will keep viewers hooked the ceatives have done a good job in creating the characters and the catchy story line with constant suspense..thats the key to their success..i know alot of people who dont want to miss a single episode....and it still seems to be topping inspite of the overly evil tapasya!!!!...
i agree with sonia .... i loved bidaai till abhika was made evil ..... it was very classy show but after that it went down and so was my interest ......... and yes Lado is becoming more like saas bahu and its irrtitating to see siya that way and i dont watch BV when ever i tune in its like a not a single episode goes without tears , and uttaran is going on circles but it should be back , yes 9-10 colors is btter than starplus and zee wiuth stupid shows of Eketa