Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: -Ritika-

I thought I was the only one who found the whole dhol scene OTT. GK and Yami did act well, but the given the simplistic and subtle treatment of the story uptil now, the dhol sequence was all the more jarring. They have just an attraction uptil now. They aren't head over heels in love. As others pointed out,  if they handle the break-up in friendship this way, what about the tough times ahead.

wow Ritika that was so precisely put !
agree with all u said and hope this is all the drama we get for this week or even for the coming week
want some light moments as of tomorrow !
Edited by hinanaziri - 14 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: hinanaziri

thanks Anu
and i loved your take on Rishta๐Ÿ˜‰

ok no digressing here , I think I liked GK better on both days ,Abeer's anger is justified in away and he needs to let go of his pent up frustration in some way but Leher ,since she has started to develop feelings for him has gone a bit confused...

will wait or your comment Anu

Hina

Thanks, Hina....hope to see you around the R.com forum sometime then too :-)

Ok, finally watched the epi......had fully braced myself for major melodrama and OTT-ness.....but I have to say that it wasn't exactly like that.....I honestly felt myself truly empathizing with AbHer.....The magic of a couple with great chemistry shines through when all they do is look at each other and you can tangibly feel the pull b/w them.....I especially felt this in the scene when Leher is at the balcony and Abeer is watching her and she looks back at him too.....fantastic piece of acting by both GK and Yami....their eyes communicated so much in that moment....both of them feeling so helpless in their own way.....and even though it was a bit Devdas-esque, I liked the moment when Abeer leans against the wall and closes his eyes....feeling so hopeless and sad....and honestly GK looked really handsome in that bit too๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†.....actually GK was fabulous overall in this epi....he portrayed many shades of Abeer today.....he was in turns sad, morose, quiet, passionate, frustrated, angry and defiant....and he did a fab. job with all of that๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.

I did find the dhol bit kinda OTT though๐Ÿ˜†....but toward the end of it, when Abeer stops and is still staring up at the closed windows of Leher's house....I loved that expression of his....And there was another metaphor of sorts today as Leher pointedly goes about shutting the windows of her house in a way trying to shut out Abeer from her life as well.....but we all know that's not going to hold him off anyways๐Ÿ˜†

You made a good point about Leher....she does seem to be confused ever since she's developed feelings for him....maybe the intensity of those feelings surprises her in a way too and that is why they are coming out in the form of those helpless tears when Abeer was playing the dhol.

The pre-cap looks promising.....Brij khush toh Leher bhi khush ho hi jaayegi๐Ÿ˜†....Abeer looked really handsome in that white t-shirt๐Ÿ˜....Ahh hopefully fun and happy times are ahead for AbHer soon now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
kimpan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
One thing does irk me, why is Deepa  lurking in the backdrop all the time. Even today she was giving those looks to Lalla, hate it...I hope they don't get Abeer married to Deepa...I know this topic has popped  out of nowhere in the midst of  the confession thing...but the proposal has come up so unexpectedly then why not expect a twist in the story by highlighting Deepa's character...
As Gaayu has suggested would like to see her married off soon...
Sorry for the random thought...๐Ÿ˜Š
AreYaar thumbnail
@Kimpan: Errr....who's Deepa?? :S lol....I guess I haven't noticed her so far :S....is she a family friend of Abeer's family?
kimpan thumbnail
LOL...@ Anu Deepa is this character, who's mom tries her best to impress the Vajpayee family and makes sure Deepa gets into their good books so that she can put forth marriage proposal of Deepa and Abeer.
Deepa's  manipulative mother is pathetic and pushy ,always bringing goodies for Abeer. Abeer is aware of this and clarifies to Deepa that he is not interested in her and he is just friends with her. So Deepa can also be considered as one of the roadblocks in AbHer relationship, hope she doesn't turn out to be a major one...
In today's epi this Pathak family (deepa's ) also accompanies the vajpayees to holika dahan.
Hope that helps๐Ÿ˜Š
AreYaar thumbnail
Wow yaar....I had no idea about this Deepa character :S lol....I haven't followed the whole show actually....I mainly used to only watch Abeer-Leher scenes on and off....only started watching regular epis a few days back....haha....so already there is a third angle readymade to cause problems for AbHer?? haha....she still keeps on trying even after Abeer told her he's not interested?? ROFL
kimpan thumbnail
hahaha...she does come across as a simple, innocent gal and is reluctant to heed to her mother's advice on trying to impress the Vajpayees...but she does blush in Abeer's presence (guess every single gal wld do that ๐Ÿ˜†) and gives staring looks which is quite annoying ๐Ÿ˜Š
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@ Kim - Glad you brought up Deepa .. coz I was gonna mention her too! It sooo bothered me how she was present yesterday at the Holika dehan .. and the way she looks at Abeer ๐Ÿ˜•  Why is she there everywhere .. constantly looking at him ๐Ÿ˜•  Okay .. everyone will look at him .. but she ain't allowed ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†  Didn't Abeer make it crystal clear that nothing can happen between them? Then why is she there??  

Even during the antakshari .. when Abeer sings "Kitne bhi tu karle sitam" .. they showed Deepa looking at him .. with that look in her eyes "kitne bhi tu karle sitam .. has has ke sahenge hum" Clearly she is in love with Abeer  I just hope they don't use Deepa to marry her off to Abeer though I'm sure the families will think about it. I wish Deepa remains the quiet one now .. and later helps AbHer in their relationship ๐Ÿ˜Š 

The actress who plays Deepa .. dunno her name .. but at the Holi bash, she looked really nice!
Edited by Ektaj - 14 years ago
bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nooo. No third wheel in the story please. Although there is a strong possibility. Deepa's mother is a bit too pushy. And being of the same caste would work in her favor.
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

hell no ! ,we can't have this thirl angle in the story,Boodha and Kul are enough to make life difficult for AbHer and now Deepa ?

I somehow feel she will be a friend to Abeer and her mum and Sudha might mistake it for something else....But I agree,she should be out of the picture soon,theres too much to deal with already !

Hina