Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

dignified evening - Rang De Basanti.....

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
 dignified evening - Rang De Basanti Inauguration

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 02nd, 2005 - 1630 hrs IST

Click above for more images

The inaugural event of UTV's upcoming venture Rang De Basanti was like a breath of fresh air. In a disoriented industry, one rarely comes across an event that has so much substance to it. To begin, the ambience and the setting of the event were a perfectly complementing the feel of the film, although very little has been revealed of the film; it promises to be a film that will make you think. Everything including the outfits of the lady's of the film Soha Ali Khan and Waheedaji were basanti in colour.

The event kicked off with promos of UTV's forthcoming films D and Blue Umbrella, which was followed by a very interesting and first of its kind conversation between Producer Ronnie Screwvala and Director Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra.

There was a very informal and candid Q'n'A round between the two, which set the mood right for the entire evening. Reasoning Aamir's absence Ronnie quipped that "He will be late as he is shaving his moustache and having a sizzling haircut"

In the conversation a very touched Rakeysh expressed his gratitude towards Waheedaji for accepting his film. "It's not a period film like the title feels, its contemporary; its based in 2005 about the coming months so as we shoot along the months will be the dates of the film," said Rakeysh revealing tits bits about the film.

Waheeda Rehman formally inaugurated the movie by unwrapping a beautiful glass piece draped in golden ribbon. Aamir was still missing and so was the press missing him! That explains the mass hysteria this elusive star created when he entered with girlfriend Kiran Rao.

The flashbulbs did not stop long after that. After all one got to see a clean-shaven Aamir after a long time. Not only did he look 25 as one of the scribes said but also was at his chilled out best. When asked about how he was feeling in his new avtar for the film " Feeling light to begin with. And when I touch my lips, out of habit now there is no moustache, so the poor hand comes back," he cracked leaving the press in splits.

On a serious note he said he loved the script of the film and he feels this film is his chance of showing responsibility towards society. Soha was at her composed best and said, "The reason I signed the film is because it's a good production house and great script and I loved my character. Besides working with Aamir Khan will be a learning experience"

The cast and crew of this 30-crore Magnum Opus is:

Cast
Aamir Khan Soha Ali Khan

Supporting cast
Waheeda Rehman
Om Puri
Kirron Kher
Anupam Kher
Atul Kulkarni
Kunal Kapoor
Sharman Joshi
Siddharth

Director
Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra

Producer
Ronnie Screwvala

Executive producers
David Reed and Adam Bowling

Music
A.R. Rahman

Original screenplay
Kamlesh Pandey and Renzil D'Silva

Cinematography
Binod Pradhan

Production Designer
Sameer Chandra

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "dignified evening - Rang De Basanti....." in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

S.T.U.P.I.D.

Goldie

S.T.U.P.I.D.

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:20am | IP Logged

thanx 4 da article sapna!

bas02

Goldie

bas02

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 6:27am | IP Logged

thnx for the article (caught my eye as it had my name in the title)

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Thx for sharing!

loveneha_r

Goldie

loveneha_r

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
finally aamir cut his hair....he looks cute again!Embarrassed

Singh23

IF-Dazzler