Harry Potter

India-Forums

Daniel Radcliffe: 'Sad' To See 'Harry Potter' 'Dis

wondergal Groupbie
wondergal
wondergal

Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:59am | IP Logged

Daniel Radcliffe: 'Sad' To See 'Harry Potter' 'Disapparate'

Story photo: Daniel Radcliffe: 'Sad' To See 'Harry Potter' 'Disapparate'Daniel Radcliffe smiles at the Trevor Project's east coast call center in NYC on February 26, 2010 Getty Images

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- After spending almost half of his life playing the boy-wizard in the "Harry Potter" franchise, series star Daniel Radcliffe says he's sad to see the sun setting on his time at Hogwarts.

"It will be very sad when it comes to a finishing," the 20-year-old actor, who is currently finishing work on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," which will be released as two movies, told MTV News.

Daniel has already had to say goodbye to a few of his co-stars, like Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange), who has already "disapparated" (wizarding lingo for vanishing) from the movie set.

"Yeah, we've had a few people finish off their stories in the film, and they've been going home," he continued. "It is odd [seeing them go.]

"I did have a moment the other day, in the makeup room that I have been in for 10 years now," he explained. "I did walk in and go, 'Wow, this is [hitting me]. One day - in about four or five months from now - I'm gonna walk in here for the last time.' Especially since, after we're done shooting, they're redoing the entire studio, tearing down and starting again."

The young actor said he's glad that the franchise has helped invigorate the U.K.'s film industry - including a massive renovation of Leavesden Studios - where the "Potter" series has been shot by Warner Bros.

"A big investment is going into Leavesden [Studios], and England will finally have a third film studio. They've always had Shepperton and Pinewood, but to have Leavesden? That will do wonders for the film industry in England, which is always a struggle to keep going." Daniel said. "What's been amazing about 'Potter' is that 'Potter' has been the major film in England for the last 10 years. [The films] have given a lot of people jobs, myself included."

And though Daniel is sad to leave behind his wand and cloak of invisibility behind, the young actor has his sights set on the future.

"It's also very exciting [to be finishing the 'Potter' series]," he added. "And I'll hopefully have something to go onto shortly afterwards."

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters on November 19 and the second installment comes out on July 15, 2011.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zarineragsmastlifeMagixX

_Ashy_ IF-Dazzler
_Ashy_
_Ashy_

Posted: 03 March 2010 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Yeah..I'm sad too that its gonna end soon......I always waited for the books and the movies to hit the stores and the theaters. Pity Pity Pity! Will miss Harry Potter saga.

Edited by Miley_hp - 03 March 2010 at 3:56am
Mazzy101 Goldie
Mazzy101
Mazzy101

Posted: 03 March 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged
aww thts cute! i will miss it a lot!! i could not believe it when i first read the deathly hallows and i knew it was the last book! crazy!!Cry
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged
This is sad..He made me cry!Cry
I wish Rowling had written some 20 books instead of 7..What a treat it would have been!Embarrassed
coolaquarian Newbie
coolaquarian
coolaquarian

Posted: 07 March 2010 at 5:05am | IP Logged
hey i did n't know that i was to be made in two parts ....thats a grt piece f news....
WalnutCookie Senior Member
WalnutCookie
WalnutCookie

Posted: 07 March 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged
True :(
It would feel weird after watching the last movie, knowing there is no more to come.
simply.me IF-Dazzler
simply.me
simply.me

Posted: 07 March 2010 at 8:42am | IP Logged

i cant wait for the movie....but it will be sad when it endsCry...i guess it wont hit me that harry potter has ended until all the movies have finished....

roshnirj Senior Member
roshnirj
roshnirj

Posted: 13 March 2010 at 3:43am | IP Logged
me too....i mean it's like the way i felt reading the epilogue of deathly hallows....it's OVER!!!! and yeah me too wish that jo had written more.....
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top