Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Salman donates 1.5 crore for AIDS victim (Page 4)

Rifhat Goldie
Rifhat
Rifhat

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 7:13am | IP Logged

I was informed by my fellow colleague  who was from Mumbai and working for Kenya airways that this was a ploy to frame Salman in the incidence occured!! He had taken the person who was hit by the car to the hospital and then paid for the expenses for the treatment. The opposition whoever they were made a mountain out of a mole.

He may have flaws but he is a nice person,he donates alot to the old age shelter in Bandra near his place and to other organisations. The difference is that he does not flaunt when he does. His interview on tv which i had watched, he said that, why should i brag about the donations i make as long as i know and my Allah knows is enough.. What people want to think is their business not mine! People who know me, know that what kind of person i am so the rest does not matter..

So the media write what they want to..

He seems a nice person with a good heart.

-Rifhat

Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 11:51am | IP Logged

I wouldn't call it an accident/unintentional, if the driver kills someone under the influence of alcohol. He is matured enough to know that he shouldn't be driving when he is drunk. I adopt 'zero tolerance' to such incidents.

Why is being 'nice' a big thing, isn't it expected from every human being? Again, it is good of him to donate money, no one is arguing about that.

Point to note: Isn't it surprising that he does not want anyone to know about it, and yet every time he donates or does something good, everyone comes to know about it. Confused

Yea, OJ got away, even though all the evidence pointed against him.

Couple other incident/case that comes to my mind:

Halle Berry, an actress, was involved in a hit and run case. After she hit another car, she did not bother stop. She was hit too. Nothing serious, she received a small cut on her forehead but she was more worried about the cut leaving a scar than anything else!

I am waiting to see Laci and Scott Peterson's case outcome. He is no celebrity, but the case has become a high profile one. Here again, Scott has discriminating evidence (for killing his wife) against him. He has a high profile defense lawyer defending him who is really good. The most discriminating evidence against Scott- he told authorities that he went fishing on the day his wife went missing. They found the wife body swept ashore close to the place he said he went fishing. What was strange also was he went fishing on Dec 24, one day before Christmas, and also, the weather was not good enough for fishing.

Edited by Ashwirya Shetty - 23 September 2004 at 1:41pm
armaan_luver Groupbie
armaan_luver
armaan_luver

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

Agree Rifhat.

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
I am really confused about why the court people did not find him guilty???One person got killed if i am not mistaken and he was drunk too.Too weirdDead.wheather civil or criminal trial,he still killed a person.
tamanna Groupbie
tamanna
tamanna

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 5:16am | IP Logged

Hi Everybody.......after going through the comments from all of you now I am even more confusedConfused. To be very frank I like Salman Khan. And my friends really never lets me forget him or his antics. After the hit and run incident one of them suddenly asked me why I prefer Salmaan over Shah Rukh. Since then I am looking for an answerUnhappy, unsuccessfully!!!!! This discussion managed to confuse me even more. Can u help to to find out why I like this particular actor?

Rifhat Goldie
Rifhat
Rifhat

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 7:01am | IP Logged

Hi Ashwirya!Tongue

I guess the ppl who he makes the donations through, are the ones who leak the story about it huh?

Anyway, i said he was a nice person and i was not being blind over his flaws. What i meant was that he is not a bad person, the accident was not meaningly done. Being drunk does not justify it but he repented by doing the good work he still is doing the charity and other issues like Aids and in the end its the Lord who is going to decide what happened and did not happen is right or not as He only knows the truth we are just mere human beings with our views who keep this forum going Wink

Cheers,

-Rifhat

Rifhat Goldie
Rifhat
Rifhat

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 7:06am | IP Logged

HI! Tamanna,Smile

You like him is because he is charming and has good body plus he makes you laugh with his comedy acting! Most of all, he sets the stage on fire when he dances!!!!!!! Salman is one heck of a dancer who is just awesome!Clap

- What say?Wink

-Rifhat

Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 11:26am | IP Logged

Hi Tamanna, My response will be- I am assuming you don't know him personally, so you like the different 'characters' he projects on the screen. You probably like his looks and dancing style too. In short- You like Salman Khan the actor. If you got to know him personally, you might like, dislike or be totally indifferent to him. 

I was initially staying in Bandra, Bombay and have met few stars. If one is staying in Bombay, chances are you will bump into some celebrity or the other. BTW, Salman Khan stays in Bandra West (near Bandstand- close to my place). My friends (actually their elder brothers) have seen Salman before stardom, doing cycling antics on Carter Road. I believe he was dating Sangeeta Bijlani (model/actress) at that time.

Hi Rifhat- Yes, he has a good upper body. He helped Hrithik to build his (Hrithink's) body.

Edited by Ashwirya Shetty - 24 September 2004 at 11:27am

Go to top