Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Arushi.

IF-Rockerz

Arushi.

Posted: 04 March 2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Maansi-

WTF????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What exactly is your problem? I have seen you posting comments like these on brilliant peices. If you cant appreciate art then please stay away from the topic.They are enough people to review it without you also. And do keep your language in check.

PS. Reported. Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rosy Cheeks... a Short Story (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Arushi.

IF-Rockerz

Arushi.

Posted: 04 March 2010 at 12:42am | IP Logged

Chhilt, I always knew you were a great writer. This peice touched upon the aspect of habbits, i believe. It's not that a Chinese cant speak English, it is just that chinese are habituated to talk in their language not another. Its what they have grown up in, and its the enviornment you grow up in.

Dexter in this case, was a child. A child who like everybody wanted to eat something different, who wanted to taste the food his peers ate. In matters like that he was under a certain kind of pressure. Ummm, you can say pressure to belong? One fine day, that chance comes knocking on his door, the chance to trade his food. He goes for it not realising that, it is not how his stomach is built. The consequenes of it make him realise that it is for a reason - a reason for his own good- that his mother didnt allow him to eat junk. And with that sinks in another realisation, that no matter what, mistakes happen... but the do not diminish his mother's love for him.

Great read. Clap

Loads of love,
arushi.

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 04 March 2010 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Oh God...somebody please bring some sense into this whoever's  head.......she's been insulting everyone here in WC.........STOP IT!!!!!!! Chhilt's story is brilliant...and if you don't understand it then its your poor merit and loss of self conduct.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arushi.

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 04 March 2010 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arushi.

Chhilt, I always knew you were a great writer. This peice touched upon the aspect of habbits, i believe. It's not that a Chinese cant speak English, it is just that chinese are habituated to talk in their language not another. Its what they have grown up in, and its the enviornment you grow up in.

Dexter in this case, was a child. A child who like everybody wanted to eat something different, who wanted to taste the food his peers ate. In matters like that he was under a certain kind of pressure. Ummm, you can say pressure to belong? One fine day, that chance comes knocking on his door, the chance to trade his food. He goes for it not realising that, it is not how his stomach is built. The consequenes of it make him realise that it is for a reason - a reason for his own good- that his mother didnt allow him to eat junk. And with that sinks in another realisation, that no matter what, mistakes happen... but the do not diminish his mother's love for him.

Great read. Clap

Loads of love,
arushi.

Thanks for the lovely review, Arushi :) Everything you said is extremely correct..... oh, and don't worry about the PM I sent you... I figured it out ;)

Arushi.

Arushi.

IF-Rockerz

Arushi.

Posted: 04 March 2010 at 7:58am | IP Logged
^^
Thanks, and I will be waiting to know what the story comes out to be  :)

chhilt

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._

Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Nice one!! :D
I love the way you use a simple story, with simple words...and yet there's so much depth to it all... A mother's over-protective love, a child's innocent rebelliousness and his little desires..to be like others and eat what they eat. 
I have no words.. It's really.. beautiful! :)

Arushi.

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 05 March 2010 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _.serendipity._

Nice one!! :D
I love the way you use a simple story, with simple words...and yet there's so much depth to it all... A mother's over-protective love, a child's innocent rebelliousness and his little desires..to be like others and eat what they eat. 
I have no words.. It's really.. beautiful! :)

Thanks, Hema :) I'm so glad that you liked it :)

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Chhilt....you should take up writing as your permanent career.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top