hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey folks

Happy Holi !

and

Welcome to our very first DOTW🤗

You might have guessed the topic of discussion already and well,since its our first I thought we coul share our views on the progress of the show and the story of the events so far.....
The show basically based on the long practiced issue of social discrimination has given us a very realistic and true insight to the ongoing bias of our society towards to the rich and prestigious people of upper caste ...We got to see how girls ,even in todays era are considered bad omens for their family...It is indeed a very sensitive issue and our society is still struggling to pull through...

Meanwhile,keeping the concept of the show intact,we saw the lead pair come together and bond over common beliefs ...The makers gave us one of the finest pair of actors playing the lead,GK and Yami have embraced their characters so effortlessly and it shows in each and every scene they emote... Infact every actor  has done complete justice to their role, be it the evil Boodha -Shuklain pair or the innocent young siblings of AbHer,everyone's doing a fab job...

and now with Rashmi out of the picture and the wedding being called off,we hope they shift focus to the prime couple and take us on a pleasant journey of AbHer falling in love and I guess its too early to think of the aftermath...

So enjoy discussing about the issues gone by or the ones to come or even the current one of how justified parents are to be imposing the rules they once acquired from their ancestors and if the rules are reasonable enough for the young generation to abide by ....

Enjoy discussing the story so far !

-Hina
Edited by hinanaziri - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sorry... didn't see this thread Hina.

I like the story so far. One thing I find interesting is how TN feels about 'parvarish'. TN seems to think good parenting means children are under the control of parents. Abeer does not seem to share that view. It's not clear where Shoba is on this subject. For Booda 'parvarish' means being uppity and Brahmanical!

Brij Mathur has a totally different view of 'parvarish'. Looks like Abeer will get along better with his future FIL than with his own dad. Abeer loves his dad but doesn't seem to have much in common with him. TN am sure loves Abeer too, but does he even know his son?

Mulan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wanted to clarify things a bit...the show is not set in today's time but 25 years back....
musatfadking thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
till now story is going good. hope that now they concentrate more AbHer scenes & their lovestory rather than the melodrama
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hinduengg

Wanted to clarify things a bit...the show is not set in today's time but 25 years back....

😕 ðŸ˜• Does it say that its set 25 years ago??? I don't think so .. coz I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere.

Coming to the topic .. great DOTW Hina! Sorry .. didn't see this thread before.

So far .. I've really liked the story. The characterisations and flow has been great. Everything looks & feels very real. Great to see the team give so much importance to detail as everything is so authentic .. be it sets, clothing, dialect .. everything. The actors have been chosen with a lot of care .. and all are doing justice to their respective characters.

On a personal level .. I find myself learning something new everyday! Especially with regards to the culture & traditions up north. Its fascinating to know such details .. as its a world completely opposite to mine.

Uptil now, I think they've set a good base for what to follow .. ie, how difficult it is for AbHer to sustain their relationship. What I would like to see is a lot of strength in their character .. a determination and will to fight all odds.. fight for their love! If that is not achieved .. the love story doesn't come across as convincing as it should be. I would like for the team of YPNHK to really not think too much about outside factors .. and concentrate more on developing the characters and tracks. Coz they have a good show .. and it will only get better if they work hard on the product rather than worry about other things.
Mulan08 thumbnail
I read an interview by the producer Dheeraj Kumar in which he mentions the show being set almost 20 years back...And such a huge drama over caste used to happen back then...today things are a lot easier.

Also have you noticed anyone using a mobile phone? Mobiles in India came very recently...
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hinduengg

I read an interview by the producer Dheeraj Kumar in which he mentions the show being set almost 20 years back...And such a huge drama over caste used to happen back then...today things are a lot easier.

Also have you noticed anyone using a mobile phone? Mobiles in India came very recently...

Lol! They have used mobiles on the show!! Abeer used a mobile to call Madhav-Rashmi .. and even showed how Madhav had left behind his mobile in Abeer's room that night! And before that even handed his mobile to Madhav to call Rashmi 😆 

I'm not denying Dheeraj Kumar's interview .. but maybe he meant that such caste discriminations happened 20 years ago and are still as prevelant in today's times as it was back then. Thats the whole point of the show. I mean .. seriously .. why would anyone bother with the show if it was set so many years ago? The whole idea is to show that it happens even today .. and how the current generation handles it all.
Mulan08 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ektaj

Lol! They have used mobiles on the show!! Abeer used a mobile to call Madhav-Rashmi .. and even showed how Madhav had left behind his mobile in Abeer's room that night! And before that even handed his mobile to Madhav to call Rashmi 😆 

I'm not denying Dheeraj Kumar's interview .. but maybe he meant that such caste discriminations happened 20 years ago and are still as prevelant in today's times as it was back then. Thats the whole point of the show. I mean .. seriously .. why would anyone bother with the show if it was set so many years ago? The whole idea is to show that it happens even today .. and how the current generation handles it all.

Oh...my mistake...just that I never saw anyone using mobiles so frequently...I have always seen Abeer using the PCO to call Leher and even Madhav went to Rashmi's room at night when he could easily have convinced her on the phone..Also I watch the serial off and on even though I really like the lead pair...but cannot stand the shuklas :)
Mulan08 thumbnail
Please do not take it otherwise Ektaj...this is just a matter of interest in the serial we all love..So I do not want to prove a point or something :)

I just found the article which had been baffling me...here is a link to that article...and the relevant line that confused me-
Touted as one of the costliest fiction shows both for the channel and the producer, it took four months to erect a set representing the Lucknowi mohalla and Ganesh ganj. It has more than 70 shops including a mithaiwala and a kite shop, which form the backdrop for the love story between a Brahmin ka beta and a Kayastha ki beti. Two acres of land with 70,000 square feet built-up area were used for creating a set of two bungalows, the hero's and the heroine's. Dheeraj makes it a point to mention that the bungalows are sans the glitter, huge jhumars (chandeliers) and velvet carpets that are usually seen in other shows. "It looks natural and recreates the flavour of U.P as it was 25 years ago," says the producer, full of praise for his art director
Vinod Bagh.

http://www.apnadesi.net/2010/02/yeh-pyaar-na-hoga-kam-on-colors-and-is.html

Anyway I hope that they really get the love story going between leher and Abeer...I guess they will realize how much they miss each other now...
bohemia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I like the story so far. They have actually established the characters, so that we know where they are coming from. And why they behave the way they do. As Gaayu pointed out, they are also presenting the parenting styles of both family, old-school and contemporary.

Coming to the AbHer story, I like the pace and the fact that the characters seem real. There are no over-the-top scenes. Very realistic. And simplistic. That's what makes this show more appealing.