26/2 - Sid-Riddz Angst: Fury makes us unreasonable - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Pocahontas

Yes, Lennzie. I have observed this in myself and other people as well. We take out our anger on people we know who will not shout back at us - people we feel we can take our angst out on. I know it is immature and rather insensitive but that is how our sensibilities work when we our angry. We always look for soft targets who will just hear us out.

that is so true...."we alws look for soft targets..."....and when we mistake somebody for a soft target...it tends to blow up on ones face...leading to wars.......

no matter who we talk about...AR fans are angry and they have the right ...ksg fans are angry and they have the right....shilpa fans are angry they have the right...sid is angry he has the right...we are angry for some or  other reason and  we are right....

but what is not right is sometiimes who you vent your anger on...how you do it........time heals all.....serial time though not equal to real time :-)

three years from now when dmg will have been in past we will look back on all said and done here on AR/Arman/Sid/anything else  and laugh it away...not because its not important anymore...but what we say out of anger...will seem trivial coz we have grown...and developed more understanding....that is experiance..........that is why we mature from little two year olds and we become responsible adults.....

Edited by moviebuff05 - 14 years ago
Nice topic, Nitz.. 😃
I'm back after about a week, so I missed out on your other posts....exams...uffff...🤢

Anyway, coming back on track.
It is true, anger does drive all sense out of us. Though I myself don't get angry easily...in fact, I've been called "painfully patient" as I hardly EVER get angry. Whatever happens, I'm not one to loose my cool. But when I do, my fury bursts through the roof. Seriously, I can throttle anyone when I'm mad enough. I, personally feel that I can either break down, or break anything I can lay my hands on when I'm livid. I caused a crack in the wall once...I threw something so hard at it that the plaster cracked 😲...and seeing that my dad cracked 😆 
So, coming back to thye point, anger is something very individual. People respond differently in fury, but the essence is the same...they all loose their self control and their senses.

It's a very good point you've put across! 😃
finally i get a chance to reply to your post...believe it or not...lol I've been pretty angry these days...so this might get a bit senti...or maybe not :P

My point is that why does temper and revenge always make us lose sight of reason, logic and sensitivity? What comes over us that we forget the difference between right and wrong? Why do we find it so difficult to forgive and give ourselves and the other person another chance? Why do we behave like a boomerang who wants to cause hurt because we are hurt? Why anger drives us to our immature and insensitive worst? Even the best of people show fleeting colours of demons when they are stung......

why do we let the anger get the better of us...because that is our first reaction. We get angry without realizing that it is not going to make the situation any better but really worse...

I know when I get angry...I don't yell...cus I am not that sort of person...so instead...I start crying...and writing...that's the best way I can calm myself down. But I know others who hurt themselves...and the one they love in anger.

When I was young...one of the adults..I can't remember who...used to tell me whenever I fought with anyone (I had loads of fights...lol cus people called me fat :P)...that whenever you fight with somebody...you both get hurt...the only one who is happy is the devil...he is standing right beside both of you...clapping his hands and laughing at you all.

I still remember that for some reason...and whenever I get angry I remind myself of that...why should I give a chance to someone to laugh at me.

People say that drinking is the root of all problems...but I think it's anger...once you get angry...you lose control over yourself and the situation. You become really weak...being angry and accusing someone...or taking revenge is not a sign of being strong...but being angry.

I think the best solution for anger is to take few deep breaths...and then proceed the conversation in a calmly manner...I know it is hard to do but it is not impossible.

lol I still have to follow my own advice...because crying doesn't help either!