Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Uttar Pradesh and Crime

CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 February 2010 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilMeena1

cuckoocutter Senior Member

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 2:13am | IP Logged

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolgal_dmg

whenever one hears the word crime Uttar pradesh comes to his/her mind automatically. I agree the crime rate in UP is pretty high but then Delhi is not far behind but even then people are ready to trust them but not the UPians. Infact all UPians are looked down. Like in Mumbai, I have noticed many times that whenever a person from UP comes to a restaurant the manager asks one of the waiters to keep an eye on him so that he doesnt steal spoons or anything LOL LOL LOL . When somebody comes to look for a house they are not willing to trust them. Infact as soon as they come to know that they are from UP they become alert as if they would rob them. Infact same is the case in other regions like South, Bengal.
Infact why do people call UPians CHINDI...i think that's the word. Infact all UPians are not chor, mawali, gunda. But the image that we have in our minds for them is that of a CHIRKUT, Chindi.

that is sharp observation but we cannot stereotype all UPians as petty thieves.LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

cuckoocutter Senior Member

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 3:09am | IP Logged

CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 3:29am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 3:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

whenever one hears the word crime Uttar pradesh comes to his/her mind automatically. I agree the crime rate in UP is pretty high but then Delhi is not far behind but even then people are ready to trust them but not the UPians. Infact all UPians are looked down. Like in Mumbai, I have noticed many times that whenever a person from UP comes to a restaurant the manager asks one of the waiters to keep an eye on him so that he doesnt steal spoons or anything LOL LOL LOL . When somebody comes to look for a house they are not willing to trust them. Infact as soon as they come to know that they are from UP they become alert as if they would rob them. Infact same is the case in other regions like South, Bengal.
Infact why do people call UPians CHINDI...i think that's the word. Infact all UPians are not chor, mawali, gunda. But the image that we have in our minds for them is that of a CHIRKUT, Chindi.

<font color="#000099">that is sharp observation but we cannot stereotype all UPians as petty thieves.LOLLOL</font>

Yeah but People do that.......There mind is set that all UPians are ChindiChor LOL LOL LOL which is quite not true. But who can deny those cheap remarks and those cheap harkats are usually by the UP walas but then ALL UPians are not chor or something. Even I have many friends who belong to UP and they are quite decent.
I think it is mostly small kids that love to steal for fun.
Once older they wise up and behave better.
I remember as a kid some of my friends were "professionals" in stealing from the local shops.
CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 3:42am | IP Logged

chimuli IF-Dazzler
chimuli
chimuli

Posted: 26 February 2010 at 5:44am | IP Logged

I agree how can just one generalise evryone from UP like that,its all stereotype.
Not everyone is like that!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rudeMRindiablue-ice

Go to top