Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Also, the Caucasians eat beef and pork and are exposed to sports at a much earlier age, you know, with Little League and all, and the beef and pork helps them with the stamina part.
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Very good topic. I always wondered that myself. I read this awesome article once in one of the local Indian magazines. It had to with the author hating cricket and how Indians don't promote other sports. I am going to look for the article now. The article is atleast 2 years old. But I must have the magazine somewhere.

I am a Soccer maniac. I live eat breathe sleep Germany national football team. (and Spain's national team) I can't really name most favorite athlete because there are so many. Michael Ballack, Philip Lahm, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Adler. From Spain I love Torres, Fabregas, Villa.  

I love Figure skating with a passion. Grew up loving Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, and adore Kim Yuna!
Edited by Perfangel5655 - 14 years ago
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Finding faults with genetics make up, diet and lack of skill is more like being defeatist . One should rather have more positive attitude towards life and other things.

The problem is the system, where things are not done systematically, and current culture where sports are looked down upon.

System will improve gradually. It needs some money and investment. In addition, things need to be done more systematically such that players are encouraged from all quarters.  Such that they are promoted systematically and talented people are recognized easily and picked up.  If we do that then the culture will improve automatically.

Another important thing is that players need to be trained from very early age of 5-6 yrs etc. Many great international players, sports person, like  Schumacher, Rossi, started from very  young age.  Starting from young age is very important for developing skills because children can be molded very easily. Whereas, its difficult to do that with the grown ups.

If some of the details are taken care of, then Indians can do everything. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by karandel_2008 - 14 years ago
Bartz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: King-Anu-Lives

These are reasons, according to me, for failure of desis in sports (specially olympics etc).

1) I think (and it is my view only) that most of it is genetic makeup. I don't think their bodies are made for sports and specially olympics. It is not only india but whole sub-continent has this problem. I don't think pakistan, sri lanka or bangladesh have done anything substantial either.  Most of the runners are african/african americans. Whites excel in winter sports. Chinese are good in gymnastics. I dont know somehow i just dont imagine desis doing those jumping type sports lol.

In soccer stamina is required and desis lack in that as well. They were good in field hockey but others have caught up with them there. Basketball is usually a game of tall people and desis are not exactly tall also. I think american football is not a game for them either.

Now these days there is more attention being paid to exercise and we hear about 6 and 10 packs (most of it comes from getting steroids from drinking 6 packs and thats not good for stamina)  and many have bodies (following likes of hrithik, salman and shahid) but unfortunately we are getting robot type creatures with no real stamina. Agar kisi sahi aadmi ka haat paar gaya then these people will lie flat in one sec i am telling you

2) Some are vegetarians so they lack proper noursihment (protiens etc.). The non-veg eat a lot of meat (too much for a balance diet) and almost all the dishes have excess oil. So yeah the diet is not balanced.

3) I also think there is lack of talent and hence a failure in sports like soccer too.

4) One thing I hear from desis is that we have talent (talent syndrome). Oh yeah we have talent. When are they going to stop saying such things unless and until they show that talent and achieve something.  Why not be realistic and admit maybe you just dont have talent. btw they are not good in golf and swimming as well

5) Now even after all that we should still find some odd person but even that doesnt happen and its because there is no environment (encouragment and facilities). Maybe by trying and trying we can do something however even that trying doesnt lead to anything.

So all these factors has led to this mess where we desis are good in one thing and that is  cricket. Even there i dont have to tell you about their winning percentages. I do not think that sub-continent teams are the best..

Now if we had some sport where back biting, fighting, shouting, hating, gossiping, showing off, was required then I am sure the world cup of those things would never go out from the sub-continent.

I see people here (in west)  taking part in adventure sports while we have our own adventure sport i.e. fighting and hating. You see them in shape of some blowing themselves up or some running (at olympic speed) with swords and knives with viens distended, eyes popping put, and blood pressure reaching 220/140. 

In conclusion, all this still does not worry me and it is okay if some people are not built for sports. What annoys me is that people make this claim "we have talent" and we will do this and that. I have seen soo many shows where anchor and some journalist or expert are discussing..hamaray pass talent ki kami nahi hai..we need to harness the talent. I call it "hum hoon gain kamiab ek din" problem. No need to live in fools paradise. First do it and then say "hum ho gaye kamiab aaj kay din".

Sorry if I offended anyone

Thanks,

K

Well you will be amazed to read that how many different sports are played in India πŸ˜‰
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_India

There is more awareness today and its a matter of time before we have a good number of quality sportsperson competing at international level.  We are beginning to see a slight change already in Tennis, Badminton, boxing, etc. However for producing quality sportsperson one needs lot of monetary investment, a proper system of identifying talent and grooming them. Nothing to do with genetics etc, its all crap. You seem to have forgotten P.T. Usha and Milkha Singh, if they could have done it then other sportsperson with similar genetic make can do it, but of course they need to be trained.

There is a lot of competition in sports and unless kids are groomed and trained right from the beginning, you can't produce competitive sportsperson.

Bartz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

to aapko kisne mana kiay hai Shiv sena retards ke mandir mein ghantiyan bajane ke liyeπŸ€£πŸ˜†

if u want to bash the khans  there are already 3 threads for that..........and if u want to bash the muslims......u can go to ur own thread that u openedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

U are right this thread IS about sports.......unless aapko Doctor ne kaha hai ki har thread mein jaker Khans ko bash karein to  zaroor kare..........hum aapko ignore karengeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And this is how you ignore somebody πŸ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Bartz

And this is how you ignore somebody πŸ˜†

U have better ideas?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†sorry...I haven't done PHD in the Science of ignoring..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†
Xinit. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

to aapko kisne mana kiay hai Shiv sena retards ke mandir mein ghantiyan bajane ke liyeπŸ€£πŸ˜†

if u want to bash the khans  there are already 3 threads for that..........and if u want to bash the muslims......u can go to ur own thread that u openedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

U are right this thread IS about sports.......unless aapko Doctor ne kaha hai ki har thread mein jaker Khans ko bash karein to  zaroor kare..........hum aapko ignore karengeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

didnt you read about Bala's wax statue being placed next to KK Khan's in Madame TussaudπŸ˜‰ Well, I should have explained a bit more for you to see the logic in my statement. With the herd mentality of masses to worship the unworshipables, how does one expect to raise world class sports personnel.We lack the basic metal strength.
btw, Doctor ne salha di thi apni bhanas nikalne ko har ek thread mein, when it comes to Koele ki khan
Xinit. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

U have better ideas?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†sorry...I haven't done PHD in the Science of ignoring..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†

BL cannot ignore me. Even though the poles of a magnet are opposite and far apart,yet they collectively exit in the magnetic field creating the magnetic wavesπŸ˜›
xinit:

EXACTLY WHAT is ur problem????😳
Originally posted by: King-Anu-Lives

Edit: just watched this picture. hope is there (sorry terrence fans)

ermmm...why are you saying sorry to us Terence fans?