The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 1 |p146| - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by immunoblot

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I didn't get a strong torrent for it, but if you are lucky you might be able to DL that as well---
Are you familiar with torrents, Smita ji??</font>

I am ,but I try not use it that much, got trojan/rootkit infections the couple of times I did use it.
Even 4shared is not that safe .
And I have almost all the good security software.
The only safe way is to use a MAC.

ps :have security paranoia ..courtesy :my brother.Edited by Veritas - 14 years ago
Originally posted by Veritas

I am ,but I try not use it that much, got trojan/rootkit infections the couple of times I did use it.
Even 4shared is not that safe .
And I have almost all the good security software.
The only safe way is to use a MAC.
ps :have security paranoia ..courtesy :my brother.

Use u torrent. That has never given me any trouble... and there is a mac-compatible version too now... That is really cool.⭐️

Oh Wow! You guys are at full speed😆

I'm glad this has taken off so well thus far 😃

Regardless...The Alchemist is a great book. It's been a LONG while since I last read it (my first and last time was in 6th grade😳), so it will be great to pick it up again after that long.

Monica, thank you for the link. Although, I prefer actually buying the book. I do owned a copy, but it's in India....will head to Barnes and Nobles this afternoon to pick up a copy.

Mohit, seriously, this looks so great! You're also being great moderator😳 (I can go on...) 

I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!😃

By the way....I am Bella😃

Originally posted by BigBella

Oh Wow! You guys are at full speed😆

I'm glad this has taken off so well thus far 😃

Regardless...The Alchemist is a great book. It's been a LONG while since I last read it (my first and last time was in 6th grade😳), so it will be great to pick it up again after that long.

Monica, thank you for the link. Although, I prefer actually buying the book. I do owned a copy, but it's in India....will head to Barnes and Nobles this afternoon to pick up a copy.

Mohit, seriously, this looks so great! You're also being great moderator😳 (I can go on...) 

I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!😃

By the way....I am Bella😃

Aww... (no don't go on!) Bella, had I known that you are such a nice person, I'd never have fought with you. ☺️

We just have to wait for people to read up, and then we'll be even more engaged...
⭐️⭐️⭐️
Originally posted by immunoblot

Aww... (no don't go on!) Bella, had I known that you are such a nice person, I'd never have fought with you. ☺️

We just have to wait for people to read up, and then we'll be even more engaged...
⭐️⭐️⭐️

You fought with me...and that was my own fault, really Mohit😕--I was being really silly when I first joint IF. But I'm sure glad that I'm getting to know you now😆 (you're awesome😳 IMO)

Cant wait till the discussion on the books begin😳

Originally posted by BigBella

You fought with me...and that was my own fault, really Mohit😕--I was being really silly when I first joint IF. But I'm sure glad that I'm getting to know you now😆 (you're awesome😳 IMO)

Cant wait till the discussion on the books begin😳

Nope, don't be so harsh on yourself. There was a little bit of crazy in both of us when we fought! And, now that we are friends, the old deeds stand forgotten! ☯️
IMPORTANT

An audio version of the book is uploaded on YouTube... if you can't read it, you can surely listen to it! 😃

Here is the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1555F2CF7538E596&search_query=the+alchemist+coelho

Coool Mohit.. i always a little weary abt audio books.. takes the fun out of reading.. 😒.. 

I recommend everyone to read the hard copy... especially those desert scenes..  stuff is mesmerizing .. 
Paulo's blog
http://paulocoelhoblog.com/
the guy even has a youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/paulocoelhoTV
Originally posted by Meena1

Coool Mohit.. i always a little weary abt audio books.. takes the fun out of reading.. 😒.. 
I recommend everyone to read the hard copy... especially those desert scenes..  stuff is mesmerizing .. 

I will read from my hard-copy, which I have had for a long time... (I haven't even started yet!)
It was last year, or the year before the last one: I flew back home by Emirates (with a stop-over at Dubai)... and while we were preparing to land at Dubai, I was reading through one of the desert scenes. It was a goosebumps moment. ☯️

The focus of the novel is also on the meaning and interpretation of signs... and I took those goosebumps as a sign of the truth contained in the book. (I don't know whether this was the right idea or not...)