The Reading Group-Invites ONLY- 1 |p146| - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by sunandshine

@Smitha--Paulo Coelho!

Pinks--can you send me the link??I had read the book 2 years back..will love to read it again😳

Sure SAS here you can download it and it doens't even take a minute to download:)) Oh and it's safe tooπŸ˜ƒ

http://www.4shared.com/file/60765570/7b84eaf4/the_alchemist.html?s=1
Originally posted by immunoblot

Not yet. We have to wait for the voting to be complete... and then take a small break to buy/DL the book, but we can discuss the hype around the chosen book while everybody procures it and is ready for a discussion.

Another thing that we need to discuss is whether we do this in a scholarly manner (with guided discussion questions), or whether we just walk straight to wherever we wish to go? I favour the latter alternative, but let us hear what you guys would like!
☯️

Umm scholarly haha I would fail when it comes to thatπŸ˜†πŸ˜† I want to do the second option unscholarly πŸ˜† :))
There are nine of us at the moment, and 5 have already voted for THE  ALCHEMIST. So, that is the final choice then. We'll revisit the list of books when we have run this one out completely. πŸ˜›

A pdf version of the book is available online
(if you don't have the original book). It has 83 A4 size pages, so it should be relatively rapid to read. The pdf file can be downloaded here (Thank you Pinki. I put this up in the first post as well!):
http://www.4shared.com/file/60765570/7b84eaf4/the_alchemist.html?s=1
Edited by immunoblot - 14 years ago
Originally posted by immunoblot

• Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - because a child's longing and yearning are precious.
  • Candide - because the human world is largely disutopian.
  • The Reader (Der Vorleser) - because human history is dark and provocative.
  • Three Cups of Tea ..because the world is full of hatered..πŸ˜›
  • No One Loved Gorillas More - because all life is interrelated and it is not difficult to understand each other's language.
  • East of Eden - because the choice is always in one's own hands, and not in the inherited genes.
  • The Alchemist - because happiness is the result of a conspiracy of the Universe.
  • The Life of Pi - because we can choose the story we will believe.
Originally posted by Meena1

This book is next on my list πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by axeion

This book is next on my list πŸ˜ƒ
its a really nice boook.. when i finished the book.. i sat there in grief for an hour because i didnt want it to end..πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Meena1

[COLOR=pink]its a really nice boook.. when i finished the book.. i sat there in grief for an hour because i didnt want it to end..πŸ˜†
[/COLOR]
Already bought the book on my way back home πŸ˜ƒ Will start reading tmrow morning 😊

Already bought the book on my way back home πŸ˜ƒ Will start reading tmrow morning 😊

Why did you buy it you should have read it online:) I will do that for most books. πŸ˜ƒ It's better than buying and keeping books. I have way too many alreadyπŸ˜† Nice to see you here Axeion:)) πŸ€—
Originally posted by pinkisluv91

Why did you buy it you should have read it online:) I will do that for most books. πŸ˜ƒ It's better than buying and keeping books. I have way too many alreadyπŸ˜† Nice to see you here Axeion:)) πŸ€—
I don't like reading books online. I just suffer from ADD or I shld say ADHD...I just can't limit myself to one single item, when I have many option available. Isliye i prefer the hardcopy, so that i can atleast finish it instead of just collecting a lot of pdfs. Waise I get most of the books from the library too πŸ˜†

Nice to see u here too πŸ€— Don't stay too long infront of the system, and don't strain ur eyes much πŸ˜‰ Edited by axeion - 14 years ago

I don't like reading books online. I just suffer from ADD or I shld say ADHD...I just can't limit myself to one single item, when I have many option available. Isliye i prefer the hardcopy, so that i can atleast finish it instead of just collecting a lot of pdfs. Waise I get most of the books from the library too πŸ˜†

Nice to see u here too πŸ€— Don't stay too long infront of the system, and don't strain ur eyes much πŸ˜‰

Really aww. I hate buying books since usually after I read them I can't do anything else with em. Plus it's just more to store in the houseπŸ˜†. I rarely go to the libraryπŸ˜† 

Aww thanks but I will strain my eyes reading the alchemist tonight:)πŸ˜† I still don't know what's the deadline to finish it.