Posted: 23 February 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Find out the list of Bollywood actors and actresses who have played disability characters. These are Bollywood actors and actresses who have played mentally ill, disabled and characters with deformities:
1. Shahrukh Khan in My Name Khan: Shahrukh Khan played the Asperger Syndome(type of autism) Patient in My Name is Khan(2010) so very well that he seems to have been even more brilliant than what Tom Hanks did in Forrest Gump or Dustin Hoffman did in The Rainman. He got the expresssions right and he worked hard on his body language to get it accurate to the T.
2. Hrithik Roshan in Guzaarish: Expect Guzaarish to be the best performance of the supremely talented Hrithik Roshan. He plays paraplegic, wheelchair-using patient (Hrithik Roshan), suffering from impairments of the motor and sensory functions of the lower limbs, with whom she falls in lov
3.Amitabh Bachchan in Paa: Amitabh Bachchan played the character of Auro, a progeria infected patient. One of Big B's most illustrious roles, this is surely a milestone in his career
4. Shahid Kapoor in Kaminey: Shahid Kapoor in Kaminey has a double role, two brothers with speech defect problems. While Charlie has a lisp, Guddu stutters in his speech
5. Aamir Khan in Ghajini: Aamir Khan played the role of a short-term memory loss patient in Ghajini (2008). He plays the character Sanjay Singhania who loses his senses for a short while, and he has to note everything down on his body or take a snapshot so that he can remember things. He was fabulous in the role
6. Darsheel Safary in Taare Zameen Par: Darsheel Safary, who was just did 10 years old played the role of Ishaan Nandkishore Awasthy, a boy suffering from dyslexia. The movie was a cult success and Darsheel Safary became a household name, and probably the most well-known child actor ever (if you can spare Manjunath of Malgudy Days fame). Darsheel Safary's learning disabiilty act is the most natural and most believable among most of the disability-oriented roles
7. Salman Khan in Tere Naam: Salman Khan in Tere Naam(2003) played a guy who loses his mind after being hit on the head by some goons. The movie with a romantic theme suddenly takes a different track post interval and the later part of the movie is about how he deals with his insanity. There were different endings of the film, but the popular one was the one in which actress Bhumika Chawla dies
8. Rani Mukherjee in Black : Rani Mukherjee's best performance, the briliant actress gave a clinical performance in Black directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Inspired from Helen Keller's character, Rani gave a powerpacked performance as a deaf-blind-dumb character, Michelle McNally.
9. Ayesha Kapoor in Black: Ayesha Kapoor played the younger version of Rani Mukherjee in Black. Ayesha Kapoor is the second youngest child actor award winner(behind Darsheel Safary) to be both nominated and win a Filmfare Award and is currently the youngest person ever to win a Zee Cine Award and an IIFA Award.
10 Hrithik Roshan in Guzaarish: Hrithik Roshan played an adult whose mental age is just 10 years in Koi..Mil Gaya. The perfectionist worked on his body language and expressions so well, that he came up with one of the most memorable performances in the last 15 years.
11. Govinda in Jaan Se Pyaara: This one, people do not remember, but Govinda had played a role similar to the one Hrithik Roshan played in Jaan Se Pyaara(1992). People who missed can download the movie or watch it to see how well Govinda acted in te film
12 Nana Patekar in Khamoshi: Nana Patekar played the role of a mute and dumb person in Khamoshi.
13 Sridevi in Sadmaa: Think Sridevi's best performaances and Sadma, her award winning performance comes first in the mind. Back in 1983, the actress came with a powerpacked performance that was only overshadowed in the end by her costar Kamal Hasaan 'i have lost it' act in the end
The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:
benloth, dazzling_doll, .FieryPhoenix., glitters, LeadOxide, --jiya--, aish., The-Voice, -Cruiser-, desigrl05, _Sano_, Sharif.Badmaash,