Environmental concerns

pogo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Environmental concerns

We don't know yet the exact magnitude of harm that we have brought to the environment because of our actions. We know for sure that temperature around the world is rising at a faster pace than before. Glaciers melting, rivers getting dried up, large areas of land are turning into deserts(Africa).

Today if the war is for oil, tomorrow it's gonna be for water..

We have too much unwanted, wasteful production/consumption today. We need to limit production, as we need to save our resources and  to reduce the hazards caused to our environment as a result of industrial activities.

We wont survive long, if we continue treading this path.

Edited by pogo - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
At home we are recycling most plastics, paper etc.
Also I plant some things in my garden to contribute some oxygen.

But seriously the main concern is the ozone depletion; the planet could overheat in future.
pogo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

At home we are recycling most plastics, paper etc.

Also I plant some things in my garden to contribute some oxygen.

But seriously the main concern is the ozone depletion; the planet could overheat in future.

Great job Summer ji! 👏   You are reducing your 'carbon footprint' to a great extent by recycling and by planting trees..👏

'Global warming' is the major concern today. Increasing temperature is leading to melting of ice glaciers, increased dessertification, destruction of habitats e.t.c. If we do not act now, the process will become vigorous.. The consequences will be grave.
Edited by pogo - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: pogo

Great job Summer ji! 👏   You are reducing your 'carbon footprint' to a great extent by recycling and by planting trees..👏

'Global warming' is the major concern today. Increasing temperature is leading to melting of ice glaciers, increased dessertification, destruction of habitats e.t.c. If we do not act now, the process will become vigorous.. The consequences will be grave.

Yes I think everyone should try to do their part. Mother Nature should be treated with respect and looked after accordingly.
The consequences of Global warming could be such that over half the human race could be wiped out.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
environmental concern should be in every person mind not just the government. and we should stop blaming the government for not being able to control the environment degradation and excess in pollution. the people and the government should work hand in hand to deal with environmental issues and help to slow down the process of environmental degradation if not stop it as it will be next to nothing to reverse the process of environmental degradation. environmental concerns such as environmental degradation and global warming are too late to be realized a problem i think.