Sulochana, the great

-SD- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I don't know if discussions on this topic are going on in any thread. If so,  mod. may delete it.

Yesterday Sulochana expressed her grief over not having invited Rasika Taai to Varsha's Sakarpoda. She went on telling " Rasika Taai hamari samdan hain, unhe to nimntran dene hum khud jayenge".

I don't understand how one can be so generous towards his/her enemy. Rasika and Ajit did all possible harm to defame and asperse Archana, botched up her married life and bashed against Sulochana  and her family members many times. In the society we live, such people are avoided. But what about Sulochana?

Will Sulo continue like this if they ruin Sasha's life also? I mean to what extent will she behave like this? I won't be suprised if Sulo proposes Vaishali's marriage with Ajit.

I reiterate my statement again. Sulochana is the strongest reason for bad times of the Karanjkars'.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
SD was it really so surprising??? When Sulochana accepted Manju with tears and fed her fruits and even said okay I'll not make a complaint against your brother then why are you so surprised that she invited Rasika? Here Manju is the same person who said either I will live here or your daughter will.

Sulochana is disappointing a lot nowadays. She apologizes to Savita, lets Archu sit in pooja with Manav, showers affection on Manju and goes to invite Rasika Aai personally. She was shown as such a strong and spirited woman earlier.  Okay maybe she has forgiven Manju coz she is pregnant but why give all this importance to Rasika Aai, why couldn't she quietly say to Manju that you keep relations with them but we don't want to keep any sort of relations with that family?

By the way I think Manju is not pregnant as she had sworn by her child not to come back, but later came back for property sake.
-SD- thumbnail
Yes I hate this woman of towering personna with showering love for all the wrong doers. I don't know how the writers have scripted a mother like this. As you say, Sulo could have accepted Manju as she was pregnant, but how could she forgive Ajit? She could have said manju that she would have to choose between her husband or her evil mom.
This is terrible and I don't think any mother in real life  can be like this.
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Both salocna and Manav act as they  really love Archana but in real they have done her so much damage . She loved them both so much but these two people have always put others before her .
I hope one day she will leave them both and become an independent person on her own ...
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -SD-

Yes I hate this woman of towering personna with showering love for all the wrong doers. I don't know how the writers have scripted a mother like this. As you say, Sulo could have accepted Manju as she was pregnant, but how could she forgive Ajit? She could have said manju that she would have to choose between her husband or her evil mom.

This is terrible and I don't think any mother in real life  can be like this.

No good mother in the world would behave the way salochna is behaving ..
-SD- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanyaz

Both salocna and Manav act as they  really love Archana but in real they have done her so much damage . She loved them both so much but these two people have always put others before her .

I hope one day she will leave them both and become an independent person on her own ...

Sulochana forgiving Rasika, Manju etc was just the worst thing to have happened with Archana. Well I doubt if Archana was born to some other woman. Because a real mother can never act like this.

I request the creatives not to ruin a mother's character like this.
commentator thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's particularly possible for Sulochana to avoid Rasika or put her down in our culture because boys' mothers, as we can see with Savita and other such characters, often get away with everything short of murder, and sometimes even that. The serial's point, I think though, is to present Sulochana as the antithesis of Savita as well as Rasika, i.e. a good and dutiful, if sometimes misguided and impetuous mother-in-law to both daughter-in-law and son-in-law, someone who is readier to forgive than bear malice, particularly to those she thinks of as her own, who respects and abides by the forms and conventions society demands, but also seeks to follow her own instinctive understanding of what's right and what's wrong. 

-SD- thumbnail

C I understand your point. But doesn't it reflect that Sulo is generous towards people who made the life hell for her daughter? Irrespective of relations, social respnsibilities and all, can a mother ever forgive someone who sends her daughter to a brothel? had manav not reached there in time, police would have arrested Archana also. can't sulo think of the possible consequesnces that could have come across?

Edited by -SD- - 14 years ago
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -SD-

C I understand your point. But doesn't it reflect that Sulo is generous towards people who made the life hell for her daughter? Irrespective of relations, social respnsibilities and all, can a mother ever forgive someone who sends her daughter to a brothel? had manav not reached there in time, police would have arrested Archana also. can't sulo think of the possible consequesnces that could have come across?

SD I agree with u completely . No one , absolutely no one , would forgive someone who sends her daughter to a brothel .

No one would forgive a samdhan who behaves so nastily EACH time she visits them . If u think back on EVERY VISIT of Sulochna to Rasika , every time she has been insulted very , very badly by Rasika . Like garbage . No one wud ever set a foot in that house even for courtesy sake . In fact , quite a number of Maharastrians who are traditional like the families shown In PR , will NOT EVEN INVITE the bahu's family for their function and bluntly tell the bahu that thank your stars at least you are being included in this family function ...........many wud even coldly cold shoulder the bahu by not including her in the wedding shopping , planning of the wedding etc .

But if u notice SD , isnt Archna behaving exactly the same way ? Savita abuses her so badly , but Archana goes on behaving as if nothing as happened for the sake of 'dharma' . Will anyone in their right mind behave like this to a sworn enemy ? Will anyone get water thrown on face , sindoor wiped , pushed around , called bhikaaran , aukaat flung on face ? Is tolerance of such blatant abuse signs of a 'good 'girl ?

It is the creatives ploy to show 'goodness ' this way , by making two important characters in this show very forgiving and generous to two of their enemies ...........Rasika and Savita . Both are evil , and both deserve jail . But the ones they abuse constantly rush to WELCOME THEM .

And this is where PR sends a very UNNATURAL MESSAGE . IT destroys the credibility of the characters , plot , and serial . I preffered Sulochana when she went to Rasika's house to questiion her but didnt enter the threshold of the house . That was a long time back . I also , to this point DON"T think Sulochna was wrong at all to refuse to send Archu to that hell hole simply bcoz she was married ritualistically and then so many untruths told by the boy's mom came out . ANy girl's mom wud have done same thing only is my firm opinion . Her prediction that Archu would NEVER be happy there came true , we see that Savita is uncontrollable and even Manav can't do a thing about it but watch her helplessly and say BAS Aai all the time or walk away when blatant abuse is being done in front of his eyes . So I wont ever blame Sulochana for this perspective as a girl's mom .

But yes , her welcoming behaviour towards Rasika for Manju's sake I strongly object to it . I also strongly object to the way she welcomed Manju back in her house as if nothing had happened .........again , it was highly unnatural and I sincerely wish these creatives read us and stop writing such STUPID UNBELIEVABLE SCENES . The best part of PR was it was a story set in REAL LIFE MUMBAI SCENARIO , so why paint it unrealistically from time to time like this ?
-SD- thumbnail
@Kool
agreed 100%.

Even Archana tolerating all abuses from Savita sends a wrong message. She needs to grow up as a woman. Though not equally, she is also responsible for savita's behavious towards her. Many of us would tell that as she is a daughter in law, she has her limitations. But I would say now she should at least ignore Savita. Like she should not seek her permission for anything.

Coming to Sulochana, she is of course a loving mom. But she has done some serious injustice with Archu by forgiving Rasika and co.
Edited by -SD- - 14 years ago