22/2 - Sid-Riddz: And we begin a wounded fairytale

Posted: 14 years ago

Today's episode was a plucked piece of a bleeding heart .....

Riddhma's beginning of devotion to Sid as his bride , his wife and above all as a trusting friend.

Siddhanth's steps into a bitter hurtful marriage with a woman trapped in a deep rooted love that has slipped into winter but burns bright in her heart.

Riddhima's physical and symbolic goodbye to Armaan even as he sleeps peacefully in her heartbeats.

Siddhanth's eternal commitment to Riddhima even though he knows that this marriage is a silent grief of a weeping willow in the night. He no longer thinks of sunshine. All he knows is that he has married her and he is going to stand by her.

Isn't this the start of a wounded fairytale with the thornbirds singing songs of longing and poignancy for this man and his wife?

Today , as Shashank and the rest of the family and friend folk left Sid-Riddz alone , telling them categorically to come down to the mandap as the marriage has to be solemnized, a new chapter started ....at a very hurtful note but it tugged at your heart strings.

Riddhima, at her weakest and vulnerable worst looks at a furious , stone-cold Siddhanth who said nothing in front of her and his families as he had threatened to. His respect for Shashank and the obvious panic and pleading in Riddhima's eyes stopped him. Riddhima begs him not to tell on her - not to spill the beans about what happened half an hour  ago - not to break this marriage because she cannot live to see her parents shattered because of her all over again. Tears roll down her cheeks and cries like a baby.....

Sid just looked at her - face grim , hurt , angry and frigid quiet. His face doesn't melt into a pudding upon seeing Riddhima sob - but being the man of his words and remembering his lofty promises and commitments to Shanky and Riddhima which were fazed by our girl's emotional immature foolishness - well, all those promises return. He takes a few steps towards her and saying nothing , he takes her hand firmly and walks with her to the mandap where family , friends and guests alongwith the priest stand to tie the two of them in holy matrimony. Riddhima's expressions as she looks at a grim Sid reflected that she will not only always respect Sid's intrinsic goodness but will always be pleasantly surprised by it as well....😳

What followed shows how this once-upon-a-time  lethally hurtful duo who could stoop to any level to hurt each-other has come to respect each-other so beautifully that you see an ideal mutual bond between them inspite of all the heartbreak involved......😳

Amidst the rain of flowers ,smiles ,wishes and blessings , Sid-Riddz garlanded each-other . Riddzie , still crying , emotionally crumbling but her eyes not leaving Sid's face and Sid , a man with a bruised pride and hacked faith looking at her with hostility. Yet ,when the lovely picture of Armaan and Riddhima slipped from Riddhima's hands , Sid not only noticed it , he made it a point to stealthily pick it up and secretly hand it back to Riddhima..... that reflects the respect and pride that Sid has in Riddhima's love for Armaan .... it mirrors the fact that he has accepted this broken woman with Armaan. Sid is angry with Riddhima and rightly so , but his regard and respect for her still manages to pour through.....πŸ‘

Riddhima looked at Sid in school-girl surprise as the picture was handed back to her - Sid did not return the warmth . And Riddhima did not need that either at this time . She knows Sid well enough by now. It was expected.....

As Sid-Riddz performed the rituals , the beloved picture fell into the agnikund - symbolizing a whole lot of things - The Riddhima-Armaan saga that taught Riddhima to love - Armaan who was snatched away by an accident and who wanted to see Riddhima in a fairytale - Armaan who unconsciously or consciously paved the way for the Sid-Riddz story - the agnikund is the most pious thing in Hindu weddings and the falling of that picture into it - literally symbolizes peaceful ends and reflects the purity of not only Armaan and Riddhima's star-crossed love but also the beginning of a blessed marriage between Sid-Riddz that was meant to be......😳

The million dollar painful smile on Riddhima's face and her eyes brimming with tears as she look at the burn mark on her wrist puts an unexplained expression on Sid's face. He knows she is feeling something both sad and beautiful - but it is personal - Riddhima's personal space with Armaan and he does not trespass it. 😊

Siddhanth was always meant to be Riddhima's guardian angel and time and again , the creatives make it a point to put it across. The second , the very step that Riddhima trips , he is there to envelope her into his secure arms. During the rituals , as Sid wrapped his arms around Riddhima while offering to the sacred fire , it showed how he will stand by her through thick and thin. Riddhima looks at him with a pensive expression as if coming to terms with the reality that he is the one who will be with her , irrespective of the fact whether they ever love each-other or not. ..... and as she is about to collapse during the holu pheras , Sid , like always holds her up and scooping her up like a  wad of cotton ball in his arms, they complete the rituals ......Riddhima's heart holds on to Armaan and her eyes do not leave Sid's face. And no. It is not impossible.

The sindoor , the mangalsutra unites and binds Sid-Riddz in the holy bond of matrimony......😳

Later , again... Sid quietly watches Riddhima lovingly and tearfully bid adieu to the physical presence of the man she loved and the man who loved her with his life , loved her enough to separate her from his life so that she can live - Armaan. Sid knew it was between her and Armaan and he chose to stay out. 😊

Riddhima touching Sid's feet sealed her sworn and decided devotion to Sid as his wife and I think that it was beautiful. Sad in a way but it had a poignancy of it's own. 😊

And so, amidst the saddening tears of parents and sister , tearful hugs of friends , Sid took Riddhima home as his wife - a marriage that has the most hollow base possible but between two such people who have the strangest and strongest bond possible.

Sid's anger is not over and Riddhima's vulnerability is far from over. Sid has it set in his mind now that this marriage is a huge burden for Riddhima and he tersely conveys it to her when our gorgeous Naina tells him to lift his lovely bride in his arms. Riddhima just looks at Sid with quiet , apologetic and sad eyes as he lifts her in his arms.... faltering but holding her firmly. 😳

The sweet and adorale grehpravesh by supergirl Sue marked Riddzie's entry into not only Sid's life, but his world as well. 😊

Later , as Anjie walks out and an over excited JP is shown the door by an irritated Sid with Naina trotting off with a smile , you can see how scared , anxious and vulnerable Riddhima is . She knows deep down that Sid will not even look at her that way now and especially in this scenario when she has hurt him so much, but she is scared - more wary about what Sid will say - he hasn't spoken a word  to her until now. And Sid... well......still angry. I guess he will just go to a disturbed  sleep in fury and Riddhima will curl up and cry in a corner. 😳

Everybody wants a fairytale. All of us. But sometimes fairytales come like ugly caterpillars - they take their time - stay in a cocoon - and then, emerge as beautiful butterflies with wings as bright as the sun. 😳

Congratulations, Mrs. and Mr. Siddhanth Modi. Sexyface and Ickyface found all the roads leading to each-other....finally. πŸ‘

Love and luck always,πŸ€—

God Bless everyone. 😳

Edited by Pocahontas - 14 years ago
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

You nailed it sister 😳

You explained so beauitfully - i agree with everything

A beautiful yet sad title, that describes this - A Wounded Fairytales

Sid was quiet all the way through, but emotions were on his face even in his fury, he never felt that need to crowd Ridz, in her personal space with Armaan, he respects her and her love for Armaan

Alot of symbolic signs in this episode, an end to AR forever but like you say Armaan is in her heart always, but as a wife she is devoted to Sid now

Sid is still in thinking that for Ridz this is a burden which i think he is right to think that coz of what she has done, but i hope Sid can slowly come back to his usual self
Edited by Lennie - 14 years ago
nicely written poco!! πŸ‘
verywell...this fairytale....has longway 2 go. 😳
wonderful post Poco πŸ‘

Yes, Sid is in anger and not have spoken word yet.....he has his own grief that he thinks !!
but slowly slowly .......πŸ˜‰
I HAVE NO WORDS!!

Poca reading that made me tearful!! How beautifully put!!
I still can't get over the feet-touching moment.

Truthfully, the best & beautiful moment shared between Sid & Riddhima. She was accepting...no wrong word (maybe, hopefully not thou)....acknowledging that Sid is her husband and she did it by touching his feet.

I think after her entry from 1st Jan, I applaud Riddhima's behaviour.

Sid's anger or rather his aloof-ness is understandable. Lets hope tomorrow he wont give a rant because undoubtedly that will lead to the rona dhonas of Riddhima Gu-oops- Modi and that shall lead me to reading the written updates instead of actually watching it.

Beautifully written post, Poco!! πŸ‘

=LRC=
Awesome way of describing their emotions,the situation and their future life...πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sid and Riddhima finally emerged into a new beautiful relation but both are not happy with it...

On one hand,Riddhima didn't want to marry him because of Armaan while Sid didn't want to marry a wonam who has devoted her life to someone else...

Hope they find feelings for each other in the future....
Originally posted by Lennie

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

You nailed it sister 😳

πŸ€—.... Thank you so much , Lennie. Al the credit goes to the writers , actors and the team. The marriage sequence and the entire Sid-Riddz -Armaan angle was done beautifully and realistically. 😳

You explained so beauitfully - i agree with everything😳

A beautiful yet sad title, that describes this - A Wounded Fairytales

The Sid-Riddz tale is indeed a 'Wounded Fairytale' and they shall find their healing in each-other...someday.

Sid was quiet all the way through, but emotions were on his face even in his fury, he never felt that need to crowd Ridz, in her personal space with Armaan, he respects her and her love for Armaan

Alot of symbolic signs in this episode, an end to AR forever but like you say Armaan is in her heart always, but as a wife she is devoted to Sid now

Riddhima will always love Armaan and will learn to love Sid. Armaan's love has given her another chance at life and Sid's support and protection has made that chance happen.

Sid is still in thinking that for Ridz this is a burden which i think he right to think that coz of what she has done, but i hope Sid can slowly come back to his usual self

Sid is very hurt , no doubt and mighty upset as well. I don't think he will scream at Riddhima tomorrow but he will surely keep his distance. The last thing I want to see is Riddhima crying. She needs healing and it can only come from Sid at this point.

can i take dis lines 4r ma fb status plzzzzzzzzzzzz😳

"Everybody wants a fairytale. All of us. But sometimes fairytales come like ugly caterpillars - they take their time - stay in a cocoon - and then, emerge as beautiful butterflies with wings as bright as the sun.
 sid is angry true sometimes silence is better then wrds n he'll remain dis way 4r sometime untill ridz breaks down i guesss
 but it was.....  beautifully picturised and ur wrds hav added a different look 2 itπŸ‘ 

may u always hav happiness n sucess in life-ameen
god bless u😊

Edited by 1kaarzoo - 14 years ago
Originally posted by princess1

nicely written poco!! πŸ‘
verywell...this fairytale....has longway 2 go. 😳
wonderful post Poco πŸ‘

Yes, Sid is in anger and not have spoken word yet.....he has his own grief that he thinks !!
but slowly slowly .......πŸ˜‰

Pinchuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! πŸ€—

Thanks a lot for reading through , baby. 😳.... Sid's anger and hurt is understandable . Marrying a woman who tried to take her life just before she was about to marry you and who doesn't trust you even after you have proved your good intentions about a million times. It hurts. I hope Sid doesn't scold Riddhima anymore and they call it a truce tomorrow. It is a truce from Riddhima's side already though.

just loved it ya...πŸ‘πŸ‘
each n every word speaks abt sidhimma.
tuday, sidhimma hav got their true meaning...
a relationship dat wud live 4ever.
i luved d scene wen ridz touchd sid's feet, beautiful.
n how sid showed his responsility twds his ridz.😳
Edited by krishnaria - 14 years ago