Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

-dhruvi

IF-Rockerz

-dhruvi

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
I plan to watch the movie... does that count LMAO. (:
No but it seems like everyone likes them that I know, so I can give them a try, just not atm.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Percy Jackson series?? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 13 May 2010 at 4:58am | IP Logged
k i read the entire series....couldnt help but notice the similarities between Percy Jackson&Harry Potter

both of them majorly bullied at school until they turn 11 when they realize they are demigods/wizards

Harry is an orphan with a nasty set of Aunt&Uncle,Percy lives with his mum and an obnoxious stepfather

Hogwarts and Camp Half blood-special school for heroes

both make 2 best friends at school-a guy and a girl

Annabeth=counterpart of Hermione,smart,bossy and intelligent girls.both having fatal flaws and fears.Hermione envisions her Boggart to assume Mc Gonagall's shape and award her a zero in every test while Annabeth visualizes her fatal flaw as the perfect home she always wanted to have and succumbs to the singing mermaid's songs.

Grover=Ron..commonly seen as sidekicks until they redeem themselves later-Ron by saving Harry's life in book 7 from Voldemort's necklace Horcrux ,Grover saves Percy's life by playing his flute and raising vines and crepers from the ground which wrap around some monster's body and cocoons it..finally changing it to a tree.

traitors in both books..Luke,Percy's mentor at the camp turns out to be the traitor.Wormtail,Harry's parent's buddy turns them to Voldemort.Luke finally redeems himself by stabbing himself in the achilles spot and killing himself.Wormtail's metal hand finally squeezes his throat and kills him.Also Silena Beauregard turns out to be a traitor in the last Olympian while the fake Alastor Moody is an impostor in the Harry Potter series

Blackjack(Percy Jackson)=Buckbeak(Harry Potter)

Percy's weird dreams=Harry's Voldemort related dreams

Red Herrings in both books.in the first Percy Jackson book,Hades is suspected to steal the lightning bolt while it has always been Ares,via Luke.in the first Harry Potter book,Snape is suspected to steal the Philosopher's stone while it has always been Voldemort,via Quirrel

any one finds similarities between Percy's half brother,the cyclops,Tyson and Hagrid's half brother,the Giant Grawp?.both are stupid and overtly protective of their respective brothers and play a crucial role in the final battle

the prophecies predicting they would both die ?Trelawny's prophecies warning Harry of his imminent death in Divination and the Oracle of Delphi's prediction that Percy would die at the age of 16.Harry and Neville are both assumed to be subjects of the prophecies,until Voldemort marks Harry with the scar.Percy and Thalia are both assumed to be subjects of the prophecy until Thalia assumes immortality by joining the hunters

both Harry and Percy are heroes at the end of the day,but they dont have extremely advanced skills,both have extremely advanced reflexes and gut instincts and good leadership and decision making  qualities that help them win the game at the end of the day.

both have near death experiences many times.Harry,after he is killed by Voldemort and comes back with the aid of the resurrection stone,the only thread connecting him to the mortal world.Percy,when he jumps into the river Styx holding on to his only mortal spot,the fibre connecting him to his thoughts about Annabeth.

k..i could go on,but i guess,it will never stop

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LavenderCrystal

spidermonkey

spidermonkey

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 9:48am | IP Logged
THE Books are amazing and so is the movie!!! i am in love with Percy Jackson!!!!!! i would definetely recommend reading the book..... plus logan lerman makes the movies better b/c of his good looks and adorable face!!!!!!!!!!

Xox_Sara

Xox_Sara

Posted: 25 July 2010 at 11:26am | IP Logged
I LUVVVVV the series... i have watched the movie many many times!! i have finished the books too and did u hear that they are mking a new series from Percy Jackson... like its different people but percy and everyone is there.... its not realesed yet Tongue

sunnkiised

sunnkiised

Posted: 26 July 2010 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
I have just watched the movie... love it! but a question to book people can you please tell me this... techically since all the gods are related arent annabeth and percy realted too?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top