Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

musatfadking thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I hope now after Antakshari & Flower scene the TRP's increases .Thanks  a lotfor posting
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Girls we need to bother about these trps..because I hv seen good quality shows going off air because of trp race😭...I really hope once AbHer track begins..trps go up😳
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Jyoti,
U do have a point... so many shows seem to go off air bcos of TRPs. Some article said that YPNHK is costing the channel a lot bcos of the expensive sets. That's why they want to see good TRPs so that it justifies their expenditure.

But personally, I think this show has promise. The basic plot is good, contemporary. Casting is good. Lead pair has fab chemistry. Script is good. Everyone acts well, so the channel should hold out and wait for the show to catch on in people's minds.

It does begin to look like they are dragging Madhav-Rashmi track beyond necessary... they should wind it up by the end of this week.

I have a question- does anyone think that may be pitching the show as a 'Brahman vs Kayasth' story could actually be hurting the serial? I mean, instead of generally marketing it as a love-story between a boy and girl from different castes, the CVs have made it rather too specific, naming two specific caste groups, and locating them in one specific location-Lucknow. Have no idea what proportion of Lucknow population is Brahman and Kayasth, but may be elders in such families wudn't allow their youngsters to see this show? Most middle class houses have only one TV set na? What if mom (or dad) prefers Bidaai or Pavitra Rishta instead? There, we don't have any specific caste names mentioned na.

One way for the CVs to ge around this is to show love marriages among other castes as well, so that Brahmans and Kayasths don't feel like they have been singled out.

Sorry for the long post. Just some thoughts... please give your views.