Debate Mansion

Prayers,Songs,Mantras and Gayatri Mantra (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 20

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 11:31am | IP Logged
I really do not believe in God, mantras, prayers etc.. but there's a stotram that I really like, might be the tune or maybe 'cos I was projected to that stotram through the music lessons I took as a kid and am sentimental ..The meaning of the song is not so good, but just that attachment I have with the song! ..

It's Mahishasura Mardini Stotram..

Ayi giri nandini, nandhitha medhini,
Viswa vinodhini nandanuthe,
Girivara vindhya sirodhi nivasini,
Vishnu Vilasini Jishnu nuthe,
Bhagawathi hey sithi kanda kudumbini,
Bhoori kudumbini bhoori kruthe,
Jaya Jaya hey Mahishasura mardini,
Ramya kapardini, shaila Suthe...

:D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simi_1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prayers,Songs,Mantras and Gayatri Mantra (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Qwerty ji you are right.
Normally in chanting it I do also think of the Sun or the Resplendent One. Guess early morning chanting sets the right tone for the rest of the day.

Gayatri Meter is very specail too and it has been specially formulated to achieve the desired effect.

I used to do it regularly in mornings (Pratah sandhya) and evenings.. but some do it in the noon as well but I dont know what are the traditional rules around since there is an eniter cd dedicated to this chanting...
I think there are no hard and fast rules but I know that it is advisable for serious followers of the spiritual path have get up very early during the Brahma-muhurrta period and do the Om Mantra etc followed by the chanting of the Gayatri before doing some meditations and/or other spiritual practises. So basically they also sleep early.
They may have their prayer times during the day and evenings too.
As the spiritual priactise progresses they become calmer and more controlled. If anger, hatred and other negative qualities still persist then they have to reexamine themselves to see if they are on the wrong path.
In the begining the wayward mind will also be major setback.

I think at one time the Gayatri was reserved only for the Brahmins. some say a Brahmin is any person who follows the Godward path.
I hope the Gayatri Mantra will be with me even in my future births; if not my life would be such a waste.
Summy i agree with your logic.. my  point is I am sure Gayatri has been treated secretively.. like i said earlier.... it shouldnt be chanted aloud, women cant chant it, cant be chanted at anytome etc... ok.. now why this specific mantra and not ohers.. is my question.. there has to be good reason behind this...

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

Qwerty ji I think the rules were all man made.
God is superintelligent and beyond normal logic.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:53pm | IP Logged

Approve

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 27 October 2010 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Approve
Frankly I also use the Gayatri Mantra when I am playing games or need some Divine assistance while playing some table games or even gambling.
I must bow down to its magic.
I hope in every life time the Gayatri becomes the core of my existence.
The touch of Gayatri makes us intelligent and think clearly too, sharpening our Buddhi.

Bless us all Gayatri Ma.

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 28 October 2010 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Here's another song that I have been listening since I was very little, and I like how MS SUbbalakshmi sung it. An awesome song! :)

simi_1

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 29 October 2010 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Here's another song that I have been listening since I was very little, and I like how MS SUbbalakshmi sung it. An awesome song! :)

Yes she is magical and also a Bharat Ratna winnerClapClapClap

Angel-likeDevil

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 30 October 2010 at 9:27am | IP Logged

satyam-shivam-sundram, sat-chit-anand, hari om tat sat, om mani padme hum, om-shantih-shantih-shantih...........Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top