Debate Mansion

Prayers,Songs,Mantras and Gayatri Mantra (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 20

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I think one mantra that has always been close to my heart is the Gayatri Mantra. As a kid, I was always taught that the Gayatri Mantra is the Mother of all Mantras and if you repeat this Mantra and understand its meaning when chanting it, then you will always be protected by Maa. :)

I also find myself chanting Hare Rama, Hare Krishna all the time.
Gayatri is not for girls and secondly it shouldnt be broadcast... its a secret mantra. People make fashion out of tradition...

These days Mantras may be repeated by anyone so long as it is done properly, if not, there will be little or no benefit.
Gayatri has universal applications and basically it is for the removal of ignorance.
some gurus have asked their disciples to repeat it several times so that their buddhi gets sharper and they can think more clearly.

But as to confidentiality of Mantras some say that they should be respected and kept secret. Some try to get different Mantras from different Gurus.
Hare Rama Hare Krishna is also a pretty common Mantra but repeated with faith and love can be very powerful too. Rama = Om
yeah our tradition is screwed....gayatri is not same as hrhk.... certain things should be resepcted....mantras are in fashion today.. if a hero is killing bad guys... there is some shloka going in the background!!! 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prayers,Songs,Mantras and Gayatri Mantra (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

I am surprised no one mentioned Hanuman Chalisa so far. I figured a lot of you for scaredy cats, may be I am wrong LOL

Just kidding!!!

My favorite:

Nice one, soothing and makes us reflect and examine ourselves.

Wonder who first created the imagery of Shiva.ClapClap

Sage Viswamitra introduced the Gayatri and used it effectively.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 9:35pm | IP Logged

I think one mantra that has always been close to my heart is the Gayatri Mantra. As a kid, I was always taught that the Gayatri Mantra is the Mother of all Mantras and if you repeat this Mantra and understand its meaning when chanting it, then you will always be protected by Maa. :)

Gayatri is not for girls and secondly it shouldnt be broadcast... its a secret mantra. People make fashion out of tradition...

These days Mantras may be repeated by anyone so long as it is done properly, if not, there will be little or no benefit.
Gayatri has universal applications and basically it is for the removal of ignorance.
some gurus have asked their disciples to repeat it several times so that their buddhi gets sharper and they can think more clearly.

But as to confidentiality of Mantras some say that they should be respected and kept secret. Some try to get different Mantras from different Gurus.
Hare Rama Hare Krishna is also a pretty common Mantra but repeated with faith and love can be very powerful too. Rama = Om
yeah our tradition is screwed....gayatri is not same as hrhk.... certain things should be resepcted....mantras are in fashion today.. if a hero is killing bad guys... there is some shloka going in the background!!! 
I find that this mantra completely relaxes all our muscles and body.
If repeated continously at one sitting, we can feel its vibrations coursing through our body.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

If repeated continously at one sitting, we can feel its vibrations coursing through our body.

Even chanting of om does it... after all how much peace you feel is how much you badly need it...

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

Even chanting of om does it... after all how much peace you feel is how much you badly need it...
They say Gayatri is a complete Mantra.
Krishna has identified himself with both in the Gita.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 10:09pm | IP Logged

They say Gayatri is a complete Mantra.
Krishna has identified himself with both in the Gita.
The reason I say is gayatri is reserved mantra and not openly chanted. passed across the male hierarchy from father to son... besides its chanted only early in the morning or early dusk.. so i dont know who has estimated these benefits for general use...for all that i dont disbelieve you if you think its benefits you...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top