Debate Mansion

Prayers,Songs,Mantras and Gayatri Mantra (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 20

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by Believe

I dont think to pray God...Need any spl mantra or thandra's.....SmileI believe egolessness is a state of prayer...It has nothing to do with words... it is wordless silence....and I believe  if you pray to ask for something, it is not prayer. When you pray to thank him for something, only then is it prayer... Prayer is always a thanksgiving...If you ask for something then the prayer is still corrupted by desire...!Smile

I do not believe in suffering. If things are no good I will just ask God to help. -- its depend on person to person belief, I just express my view n thoughts n doubtsSmile
I am not trying to be a hero either.-- Hero! i dont know how it posible?
sometimes He prefers not to listen to me, but at least I feel that I have asked Him.Smile 
some people believe that we shuld not disturb God about minor problems. They are not wrong either.-- actuly we cannt choose God, it is God who chooses us,God knows it automaticly..

some think that God's name should not be said out loud or to anyone, they keep everything in their heart. -- ya its a type of inner voice...
Ah Vinu ji, kya baat haiLOL
yes the search for the self or an attempt in spirituality and soul search is a good if not better than mere prayers.
Some rank service to humanity as the greatest.
But best is the right action at the right time, whatever it may be.

Yes at the highest level often the devotee does not ask anything from God except for his love perhaps. Some pray for peace of mind, and still others pray for more problems as they claim it is the best way to remember God.
I agree that sometimes the path one takes is determined by the Almighty.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prayers,Songs,Mantras and Gayatri Mantra (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~angelz16~

Lovely post :) I really love Lord Krishna, Radharani, Lord Shiv and Lord Ram....Listening to any bhajan of theirs really makes me feel wonderful. Apart from reading our scriptures that is. What I listen to everyday is Lord Shivs Mahimna Strotra. Sooo peaceful Embarrassed

Yes this is very nice. Knowing its meaning gives even greater joy.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anku-Meena1

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

My favorite is the 'Gayatri mantra'....whenever I feel a little down I chant it quietly..
Gayatri starts so beautifully:
Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha......

It is one of the most unselfish prayers in that it only asks for awakening and knowledge

I wonder how Sage Viswamitra could create a parallel universe through this Mantra alone.ClapClapClap
We are eternally grateful to him.

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by ~angelz16~

Lovely post :) I really love Lord Krishna, Radharani, Lord Shiv and Lord Ram....Listening to any bhajan of theirs really makes me feel wonderful. Apart from reading our scriptures that is. What I listen to everyday is Lord Shivs Mahimna Strotra. Sooo peaceful Embarrassed

Yes this is very nice. Knowing its meaning gives even greater joy.

Aww! Thats true....I google for you but it was all in hindi just like this Ouch And writing the whole meaning isnt possible for me. Its basically to get Lord Shivs blessings. I bought this scripture called Shiv Strotra Ratnakar and Shivmahin strotra from GitaPress, Gorakhpur and understood through that. You can as well if you wish to :))

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesMithiBanianku-Meena1

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

souroMithiBani

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 July 2010 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

Thanks RTH reminded me on Gayatri. I remember opening one sometime back.

Yes we had a topic on this. Wonder about the experience of  our members on certain Mantras and prayers. sometimes it is hard to tell if it was the prayers that cured or the medicine. But so long as there is a cure it is well n good.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 04 July 2010 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

I think I need a reconnection with God.
did you try vonage -  many others  have dropped calls...

LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top