blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Edited by blue-ice - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blue-ice

This doha is absolutely beautiful๐Ÿ‘ but sadly in modern India it has lost its meaning...........majority do not respect their teachers and its a fact...๐Ÿ˜’

I thought Guru Gobind was one of the 10 Sikh Gurus.
What is the meaning of the words?
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

I dont think to pray God...Need any spl mantra or thandra's.....๐Ÿ˜ŠI believe egolessness is a state of prayer...It has nothing to do with words... it is wordless silence....and I believe  if you pray to ask for something, it is not prayer. When you pray to thank him for something, only then is it prayer... Prayer is always a thanksgiving...If you ask for something then the prayer is still corrupted by desire...!๐Ÿ˜Š

I do not believe in suffering. If things are no good I will just ask God to help.
I am not trying to be a hero either.
sometimes He prefers not to listen to me, but at least I feel that I have asked Him.๐Ÿ˜Š

some people believe that we shuld not disturb God about minor problems. They are not wrong either.

some think that God's name should not be said out loud or to anyone, they keep everything in their heart.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Edited by blue-ice - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

My favorite is the 'Gayatri mantra'....whenever I feel a little down I chant it quietly..

As Sri Krishna said that of the Mantras he is the Gayatri.
Summer3 thumbnail

no this is not about Guru Govind Singh ji.........here in this doha guru means teacher and Govind means God.....the doha says that if both God and my teacher are standing before me..whose feet should I touch first and then it goes on to say...that I will touch my Guru's feet first because he is the one who told me who God is..........isin't it beautiful?

Okay got it, lovely. Thanks.
Reminds me of the story of a devotee, Pundalik, who was too busy looking after his parents to attend to God who was waiting at the door. He  oferred a brick to God and asks him to wait.

Sherraz thumbnail
Originally posted by: finicky2010

asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
mrtyorma amrtam gamaya

Lead me from the asat to the sat.
Lead me from darkness to light.
Lead me from death to immortality.

(Brhadaranyaka Upanishad ' I.iii.28)

This is true prayer'the seeker's admission of his sense of limitedness and his heartfelt cry for assistance in transcendence. It is not a prayer for the things of the world. It is not a pray for food, shelter, health, partnership, riches, success, fame, glory or even for heaven1. One who recites these three mantras has realized that such things are full of holes, soaked in pain and, even in abundance, will forever leave him wanting. It is in this full understanding that one turns to this prayer. The essence of each of these three mantras is the same: "O, Guru, help me free myself from my sundry misunderstandings regarding myself, the universe and God and bless me with true knowledge."

^ here is the detailed description of what sat and asat mean: http://archives.amritapuri.org/bharat/mantra/asatoma.php
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Summer3

I do not believe in suffering. If things are no good I will just ask God to help. -- its depend on person to person belief, I just express my view n thoughts n doubts๐Ÿ˜Š
I am not trying to be a hero either.-- Hero! i dont know how it posible?
sometimes He prefers not to listen to me, but at least I feel that I have asked Him.๐Ÿ˜Š 
some people believe that we shuld not disturb God about minor problems. They are not wrong either.-- actuly we cannt choose God, it is God who chooses us,God knows it automaticly..

some think that God's name should not be said out loud or to anyone, they keep everything in their heart. -- ya its a type of inner voice...

baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Durood Shareef recited  during salat

it is known as

Durood-E-Ibrahim

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SALLAITA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. ALLAHUMMA BAARIK ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID.

Allahumma! Send blessings upon (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and upon the followers of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraheem and upon the followers of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praiseworthy and glorious. Allahumma! Bless (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and the follower of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You blessed Ibraheem and the follower of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praise worthy and glorious.

Note :

The famous companion of the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim), Hazrat Ka'ab bin Ujrah (radi Allahu anhu), narrates that once it was enquired from Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) as to how blessings should be sent to him. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) replied that the blessings be said in the manner (it has been mentioned) above, that is, Durood-e-Ibrahimi.

source

http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com/2009/04/12/durood-e-ibrahim/

there are many duroods that can be recited

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durood