Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "success of a song (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 9:56am | IP Logged
 a catchy tune and a good voice is what makes a song memorable to me. i usually am not aware of who the actors were in most songs.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 9:58am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

EventideMithiBaniU-No-PooMeena1

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 10:40am | IP Logged
I don't agree with Aamir. His correct statement was 'Lyrics have got nothing to do with the success of a song', which is equivalent to undermining the importance of lyrics IMO. Sometimes while listening to songs, certain lyrics move you, they have the power to reach you. At times like these, I really don't think whether the song was picturized on Ash or Rani or any other xyz actor.

*Edit: I agree about Emraan Hashmi getting the best songs. All his films have amazing music, latest one being Tum Mile. I'm in love with 'Tu Hi Haqeeqat' Big smile

Edited by -Neetz- - 17 February 2010 at 10:44am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

EventideMeena1

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 10:55am | IP Logged
So has Emraan Hasmi made the song successful or the songs made Emraan popular ..Ermm

Meena1

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
1.Good or entertaining lyrics

2. Good tune.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 18 February 2010 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Neetz-

I don't agree with Aamir. His correct statement was 'Lyrics have got nothing to do with the success of a song', which is equivalent to undermining the importance of lyrics IMO. Sometimes while listening to songs, certain lyrics move you, they have the power to reach you. At times like these, I really don't think whether the song was picturized on Ash or Rani or any other xyz actor.

*Edit: I agree about Emraan Hashmi getting the best songs. All his films have amazing music, latest one being Tum Mile. I'm in love with 'Tu Hi Haqeeqat' Big smile

I think Amir is correct to a certain extent.......while lyrics are the most important in gazals...they are not so important in the regular Bollywood songs.........the tune is the most important.......after the Jai ho song became popular people from so many countries enjoyed it despite not knowing hindi.....AR's music worked wonders ...not the lyrics..........similarly in gazals or shero-shayari...lyrics are more important...........humare Bollywood ke chor music director music churate hain songs ke unke lyrics nahi........kyoki agar music achha hai to lyrics kuchh bhi daal kar song hit ho jaata hai.......a big example is our MD Pritam........most of his tunes have been lifted from songs from other languages....
I remember in one of Javed Akhtar's interview he said that in the old times the lyrics were written first and then music was given accordingly but now its just the reverse.......pehle kahin se tune churao....fir usper lyrics fit karo.....LOL..
I am so thankful that we have someone like AR Rehman.....he is the best........Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top