GEC Watch : Yeh Rishta beats Pavitra Rishta

Posted: 14 years ago

February 17, 2010: Producer Rajan Shahi's 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai', the melodrama which has always kept the audience hooked with its high quotient of drama, has once again succeeded in gripping the attention of viewers after a long time.

Our source informs, "Yeh Rishta… is back as a number one daily soap with 6 TRP ratings followed by Zee TV's 'Pavitra Rishta' and Color's 'Uttaran' on second and 'Bidaai' on 4th number. 'Bidaai' has increased its TRP's by 5 times in recent episodes and are hoping for still higher ratings after the star-cameos."

We called Hina Khan aka Akshara of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' and she tells us elatedly, "I am very much happy as our show has once again gripped the audience, due to which today our show is number one. I feel overwhelmed for the support and love of audience. Eventually hard work pays, doesn't it?"

"We have worked very hard and in the process have shed loads of tears! It really becomes very challenging to cry again and again as the shot is not taken just once. But after all, I think is that hard work that is showing as success now," signs off Hina merrily.

Well, we are sure Hina would be still crying, though this time the tears would be of joy!😭

Its all beacause of too much of dragging .and any ways it was last week and PR will Be bo.1 again.just forget this and way to go

If this is true then I think the reason could be because of this whole Shravani track is dragging on too much . Clearly the engagement has not gon down very well with people . Go and see the remarks on Zee website .
People are calling manav a 5 year old who cannot say no to his mother ..
Another thing is the yeh Rsihta scores majorly because of the glamorous girls and the lovely sarees etc etc they wear . PR has such a beautiful heroine but she is given  only 3 boring sarees and the girl is hardly wearing any jewllery or any chnce to look nice ..

The creatives have to think of introducing some romance and passion between the lead couple ...So much emphasis only on the Shravani track will kill the show . And I would like to see Archu's sisters rather than that Shravani .

But as far as the drama is concerned and also the acting , I don't think Yeh Rishta is anywhere near compared to Pavitra Rishta .
The engagement obviously didnt go well with the viewers.
But PR will easily regain the top spot this week with the way they are showing  the bonding between the deshmukhs and the karanjkars.
This being the fact tht ArMan r still separated where as the lead couple in YRKKH just had their reunion sorts.😊

Originally posted by Tanyaz

If this is true then I think the reason could be because of this whole Shravani track is dragging on too much . Clearly the engagement has not gon down very well with people . Go and see the remarks on Zee website .
People are calling manav a 5 year old who cannot say no to his mother ..
Another thing is the yeh Rsihta scores majorly because of the glamorous girls and the lovely sarees etc etc they wear . PR has such a beautiful heroine but she is given  only 3 boring sarees and the girl is hardly wearing any jewllery or any chnce to look nice ..

The creatives have to think of introducing some romance and passion between the lead couple ...So much emphasis only on the Shravani track will kill the show . And I would like to see Archu's sisters rather than that Shravani .

But as far as the drama is concerned and also the acting , I don't think Yeh Rishta is anywhere near compared to Pavitra Rishta .

totally agree with you. acting wise pr is much better and even story wise too. as for all the glam sham of yeh rishta it can't hold the viewers for long. a show definitely needs a good story which i think yeh rishta lacks.

sorry did not mean to offend any of the fans of yeh rishta. this is just my opinion
Even though I'm disappointed that yeh rista is ahead of PR this week but I'm feeling bad for Creatives because CH deserve this for spoiling the track by making Manav to get engage with Sharavani hope fully this might realize the mistake and change this track as soon as possible.
The yhave to bring more passion and romance  in the show ...
manav is still too much into responsibility and too scared of Girish to make a move towards Archana ...
looks like nice pr exercise by Ye Rishta ppl......they r known fr this .....rem' the Bidaai hungama few weeks back just to garner trp.....hate that show (sorry! to YRKKH fans)
oops but i m sure PR will make it to no 1 again....
I dont think PR is beaten there has been see saw from long time btw these two shows.. So I m sure PR will be again up.. Thx for the article...