Spare a thought for them too

Shirin thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

This is not so much about the storyline of KYPH, more so about Human Sensitivity. Here we have an eternal love saga of two individuals who have been through testing times. But these two characters do not make the entire storyline. There are a lot many "supporting characters" that play an equally important role. They might be fictional, but they are human beings whom actors bring to life. Angad and Kripa are the leads. But what about Mishti, Prithvi, Kartik and Naina? No one ever gives them a thought.

Angad and Kripa have been though testing times and have put each other through the worst. Yet, I don't feel sorry for them. Do you know why? Because when the story finally ends, the closing line will be AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER. But anyone ever wondered what might happen to the rest? Come to think of it, life has not been a cakewalk for Naina, Damini, Mishti, Prithvi or Kartik. Yet we'd rather ignore them and justify Angad and Kripa's mistakes. A and K thoroughly deserve what they have been doing to each other. But are the rest not human?

Did Prithvi love Kripa any less than Angad? Did he do any less for her than what Angad did? Did he deserve all that he got? I cannot stop thanking the storywiter for turning him negative. Because such a good human being did not deserve all that Kripa and Angad gave him. Ever wondered that our "Chipkali" has a heart too? (The Prithvi fans around seem to be more of Amit fans than Prithvi fans)

Did everyone forget that it was our "Devi" Kripa who falsely implicated Josh in front of the whole world? But that does not matter- She loves Angad a lot you see! While everyone feels for Kripa who was thrown out of the Khanna house, no one even seems to mention how poor Mishti's fiance jilted her on her wedding day. Thank God! Angad did not marry that Baked Potato/Buffalo. Did anyone feel bad for Prithvi when the girl for whom he left his all left him? No. We'd rather feel happy that the "Chipkali" is off Kripa's back. Naina crying over Angad's death? Evil woman; She deserved it! What about Kartik longing for his parents love? No- He deserves to be hated because he has pained Angad. Kartik is supposed to be a negative character, but his anger is not unjustified. Ever wondered what form of emotional turmoil might have prompted the graceful Damini Bose to become an almost murderer? She is not a professional criminal for sure! Something terrible must have happened to poor Simone for her to come back- Full of vengence.

I am not asking you to overlook their mistakes or to even like these characters. But just ask yourself- what are we, as humans heading towards? There are a lot many women who think we, as women are being unfair to Kripa. But aren't we forgetting that Mishti, Damini and Naina are women too? All of them have committed their share of mistakes. Yet, we would sympathise only with Kripa. Worse, sometimes we derive some sadistic pleasure at the rest of them suffering. However bad Mishti might be, she does not deserve all that Zaib is doing to her. Its fun to have a good laugh at the whole thing because the woman at the receiving end is Mishti. Prithvi's wife keeps thinking of another man and even keeps stalking him. So what? The man is Prithvi the "Chipkali" after all!

I don't mean to dampen anyone's spirits, nor am I protesting against the funny posts about the "other" characters. But let us not forget the human being in us.

I think sometimes we should spare a thought for the woman who lost her son, the widow whose son left her house, the son who longs for his parents' love or the man who is repeatedly turned down by the girl he loves in spite of turning the world upside down.

Amidst all the jokes about Naina the witch, Mishti the Bhootni and Prithvi the Chipkali, I think we need to spare a thought for the Human Beings in them too!

Edited by Shirin - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-funnfrolic- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Well said Shireen. Agree with you there.
Somewhere down the line most of us had forgetten that KYPH just isnt a love story revolving around Angad - Kripa. Have we as human ever thought what mishti would go through when zaib jilts her to go to anothers womans arms, we long for angad - kripa to be tigether but ironically enough we will be thrilled to see another marriage break, people think prithvi should go to jail ..but surely he didnt want to murder josh, he surely wasnt born a murderer, here is a guy who was dumped twice, we applaud the briiliantly done scenes by angad and kripa - have we all ever barring a few applaud other performances by other characters??we hated it when naina hated kripa - dd we ever think why, how , what,why. Its mothers love and it was this mother love that made naina forget that she had another son. did we ever for once think of the emotions and the sentimnts that karthik was feeling. we laugh at anitaah but surely we ourselves do some stupidity in our lives that makes other laugh at us too..

we love the tango scenes between angad and kripa but have we ever thanked the choreographer, we loved the scenes and think they rock, have we stopped and applauded the behind the scenes people. surely they too work and toil harder. We love angad and kripa but we cant hear the pain of prithvi. We adore angad but we hate prithvi because angad loved kripa and we think that kripa deserves angad but do they really??Here is a marriage we are all wanting should break? but ever wondered what will prithvi go through when his marriage does break? We adore shabbir for standing up for angad but have we ever liked any other character standing up for others? Ever thought of why Angad - Simone broke up? Ever thought of what Mishti went through when the guy she loved jilted her on her wedding day!Ever wondered what kind of humiliation that family must have gone through? Ever realised the kind of humiliation karthik will go through when mishti breaks off her engagement with him infront of the world? He is a human too isnt it? Has it ever occurred our minds at any point that prithvi, dadi karthik, mishti, aliyah too play a pivotal role in the plot...Have we ever clapped for a brilliant dialogue by the script writers and have we ever thanked ekta for bringing kyph to us... kyph will end, angad and kripa will be together ...but will others live happily ever after... we think thsat simone and prithvi will be ideally suited for each other but have we ever thought that will they ever be happy together....

Butter syupports Karthik - and we think its a joke - ever wondered about what karthik feels and thinks.

Komal and I like are going gaga over prithvi - ever realised why , ever thought that prithvi too plays a role in the plot and he too is human

Dinky likes the Zaib and Mishty scenes more - has it ever occurred to you that mishty is also a good actress...

Naina cried over Angad and she cried when her house was getting nilam - did we ever feel sorry for her? Here was a lady who didnt want her house being sold to any one else!

Dilip doesnt support his wife and we callhim a joru ka ghulam - what made him that way - we dont know and we dont care..

oh yes we loved josh for his efforts to bring angad and kripa together..did we hate him for separating prithvi and kripa?

Like Shirren saidm you dont need to applaud the scenes, and you dont need to agree with her but do stop and think as to where as human beings are we going. Somewhere in this madding crowd, we as humans have failed to realise that there is a bit of humanity prevalent in us...

I think its time that we spend some time thinking of others too in making this show a success...

I think its time we all realise that all of us are human and its time we start to place ourselves in other shoes as well...

and Shireen kudos to you for putting up this post!

Misty

Edited by mistyeyed_25 - 18 years ago
buttercup thumbnail
Very nice post shrin...

We shud support all those who make KYPH a sucess and in tht am supporting my Kartik the best i can do, no matter anyone supports him or not i will always support him on the forum and try to take him to the leve of others.

I wasnt a kartik fan, but yes he is a great actor who portrays his character the best and somehow we forgot abt him, so in tht way i started supporting him and i like lots today
Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very true Shirin & Misty, & I totally agree with u guyzz

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Hi Shirin,

You should post more often because your posts make us think and make us take a reflective view of everything.

Honey, it's not that we are insensitive, no human-being can ever be. The problem here is that people have bonded with Amgad-Kripa to such depth and intensity that even one mistake against this twosome is not easily forgiven and is considered a sin. Result? Prithvi is blasted, Mishty is accused, Naina is cursed and Karthick is scolded.

We are not averse to the human-beings inside them.

Prithvi killed Josh, separated Angad-Kripa but that doesn't change the fact that even though a lost sheep, he is a good man inside longing for love…….it's just that he wants someone who belongs to somebody else from every iota of her existence. His state is really pitiable at times, I do get angry with him and I cannot forgive his betrayal to himself. I prefer calling him a Trolly-Prolly instead of a chhipkali.

Mishty is a woman in a wrong place, at the wrong time with a wrong man. It was Naina who first made her believe that Angad loved her…after that, it was a battle of heart, mind and ego for her….just like Prithvi, the hard fact that Angad loved Kripa was difficult for her to take…..and she did make her share of mistakes….rather, she seems sandwiched to me between Zeb-Kripa. It was me who called her a Handkerchief Buffalo first of all and it's nothing that I am proud of. She too is a woman with a heart whose heart beats for a man who will never be hers….and hey, she is not a Bhootni, Mishty is a very attractive woman and if I was the writer of KYPH, I would send her to Shabbir. He can be a balm on her injured soul. I am angry at her too but I hate to see her cry.

As for Naina and Kathick, Naina's shortcoming was always her headstrong arrogance and baseless disdain for Kripa…her one mistake to design Angad's life took away Angad from her forever. The first time I felt sorry for her was when Angad ruined her ina bid to punish himself and all those who wronged Kripa…I felt bad for her when I saw her yearning for her child, Angad. As for Karthick, his actions against Angad cannot be justified but I do know where this horrendous sibling rivalry came from.

Damini Aunty only deserves sympathy ….she lost it completely when she realized that her children are ruining their lives for Angad-Kripa…..they were pure protective maternal instincts .

We are sensitive towards them, Shiroo but it's just that it becomes difficult to handle more idiots than Angad-Kripa……but all said and done…they all are only human and that's why falliable.
On a lighter note, all of these characters have a dignity, class and substance of their own and they only strengthen Angad-Kripa's love by putting them into tribulations time and again.GOD BLESS THEM.

Lastly, as far as Angad-Kripa are concerned…..turbulent but true love is their destiny and for every one mistake that Prithvi or Naina do against them, they commit double sins against each-other…I told you before, as far as brainlessness is concerned, Angad-Kripa are a cut above the rest…truly made-for-each-other you see.

I love you, just felt like saying it…you gave me a new perspective towards Prithvi and Mishty. THANK YOU, Shiroo.

"And when all the wars are done, we shall still find a butterfly perched on our Love-Rose.....😳."

Edited by nitica_82 - 18 years ago
Nannu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG..This is a Lovely Post... 😛

Wow...Shirin,mishty & Nittu 😛 I agree wid u guys completely 😛

Keep posting,
god Bless U all,
Take Care,
Keep Smiling,
Nannu 😛
Edited by Nannu - 18 years ago
SRK Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great post Shirin. Brillintly written. You should definately write more.

It's not a case of being insensitive as humans. No person would or could be so cruel to another person to the levels of critisism that we lay on Prithvi, Mishty, Naina and Karthik. I do think that we take it to the next level, because we know that they are only fictional characters.

As a human being, should this be a person that I know of, or someone I hear about or personally know, I would not deem myself fit to comment, critisize or judge, as we are all human. I pray that the day never comes that I feel I can hold judgement above another person. Who are we to judge and not forgive, When God himself does not judge His children and God is ever forgiving.

I guess we do have the tendancy to focus more on Angad and Kripa as our lead couple. We are sympathatic to their situation because we fell in love with them as individuals and as the star-crossed lovers that they have become. They are victims of circumstance and they do try their utmost to repent, rectify their situations, and their hearts just continue to be trampled upon.

I do post my take on the episodes, so let me try to explain my stand point.

Prithvi had all my sympathy when this started out as a friend....a person with a beautiful soul, but in the midst of all that has taken place, his soul became tainted. I weep for the old Prithvi, but I find it difficult to see his point of view in light of the murder that 1) He committed, and 2) he was willing to send an innocent man to jail for. Not sympathising with him doesn't mean that we're cruel towards him, as I reacted to this turn in his character the way I would to a real murderer. No sympathy for taking another persons life in cold blood. See where he's coming from: The way I see it, no matter how down you are, no matter how much your heart has been trampled....that doesn't justify murder! This is the one thing that froze any sympathies towards him.

Mishty: I was never blatantly against Mishty. I might not like all her flirty "roo-rooing" sessions with Zaib, but it doens't mean I dislike her. Even now, even though I may not be the biggest Misthy fan, I do sympathise with her, as I said in Nitu's post. I can see where she's coming from. I do see why she dislikes Kripa so much, she has seen her brother hurt by Kripa time after time, being rejected by Kripa. At this point I honestly don't think she deserves what Zaib is doing to her. I do sympathize with her , as she doesn't deserve to have her heart broken in Zaib's game of revenge. She is a good person, who despite being engaged to Angad and not trying to get Angad and Kripa together, she stood by Angad always.

Karthik, well, I debated with Butter about Karthik, the jist of it being, that Angad is not to blame for Naina not loveing Karthik, so why do such despicable things to him. Why betray his brother's trust, why ruin his life, seperate him from his love, cause (though indirectly) the loss of a child......Angad was not the one who told Naina to neglect Karthik. No-one forced Karthik to act out against Angad. He yearns for his mothers love....I can understand that, but to stoop to his levels to get it....I don't agree with his methods.

Naina had my sympathies when Angad destroyed himself and his family, and I was sobbing with her when she found out that Angad was dead. I fully grieve with her, as a mother who yearns for her son....as a mother who will never get to see her son, get to hold her son, talk to him, ask him for forgiveness. The loss of a loved one is never easy. It rips something from inside of you. It kills a major part of you and the pain is something that will never completely disappear.

With regards to calling them names: Prithvi: Chipkali....Mishty: Boothni, well, I really don't even know what that means (hindi, not my strong point).....I do admit to taking to Gnarly Gnome, Fringed Gnome, Trolly Prolly, and Handkerchief Buffulo.

Please know that it's not a case of not being sensitive towards the characters, we just tend to sympathise more with Angad and Kripa. Your words have given me food for thought, and they will ring in my mind the next time I post something.

Sorry for my long reply, and thank you for a wonderful post.
Kaj! thumbnail
Great post. I agree with u guys completely 😛
persistence thumbnail
Hmmmm...I am sure that almost everybody feels sorry for these so called 'negative characters' every once in a while. At least, I do. None of them have become what they are without reason.

Naina wants to see her son happy & successful.
Kartick yearns for mother's love.
Prithvi actually loves krips, but he snatched her away from her love.
And the list is too long!

All these characters are shrewd! In the soap, they have been shown to use reason & have a lot of business sense. They think, analyze & then they do. I am not saying that that makes them unlikable or they are doing something inhuman, but this is exactly the reason they don't appeal to me.

I am a hopeless romantic. Angad & Krips are volatile characters, impulsive, ones who always think with their hearts or just stop listening to their hearts & turn into idiotic lovers. They are rebellious in nature...never ever think of just sitting down & solving problems...and countless things that a sensible person would never do. I adore them for this childishness...yes, I would call it childishness rather than stupidity. Two unreasonable, totally different, children in love. I am not sure if others feel this way...just my perspective. They get adored for their silliness.

So, if we have naina or kartick, or misthi or even prithvi coming in between an couple that is swooned by many, chances are they are gonna become road-blocks. I think Angad & krips create their own road-blocks, and having outsiders come in & ruin it for them makes us bitter towards them. That is all! I don't think anybody is being inhumane towards any of the characters. The supporting casts, mostly getting in the way of A-K love story, make us vent our frustrations on them...they are easier targets.

Have you ever seen Dadi being dissed by anybody on this forum? I haven't..& the precise reason is that she has always tried her best to get A-K together rather than stand in their way...(ok, maybe once..cause people were angry that she wouldn't let A-k meet)...I hope you understnad what I am trying to say...

We are not being overtly critical or insensitive towards other characters. We just vent out our frustrations for A-K's idiocies & childishness at the others...scapegoating...doesn't sound very good, does it? But that is how we lovetics work, I think! 😆

*reeps 😛