Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Your own Library? (Page 10)

-GredForge- IF-Rockerz
-GredForge-
-GredForge-

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 7:24am | IP Logged
i have alwaysss wanted my own library! its like my dream-to have a library of my own!
i do borrow books and share but i have a small library too which i just love and can spend hours with my books! so yeah i do want a library of my own smday!!
Angel-likeDevil IF-Sizzlerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 15 January 2012 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
It has always been my "dream" to be isolated/dwell in the British Library LOL I wanted atleast a small library in my own home..but it was never quite possible. I'm just 17, so..I guess I have the rest of my life to make my own library one day.

Presently, the book racks in my home are full of my books my dad bought, was gifted, and the books he stole LOL ..They just has about 70-80 books I guess. Now we just read anything we want to from the internet, or I borrow books from my college library which I'm quite content with..But I'd love to have actual books in my home..in a huuuge room.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 15 January 2012 at 10:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

Evil_s0uL Newbie
Evil_s0uL
Evil_s0uL

Posted: 21 April 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
oh i just want books,books and more books...i dnt care how i get it LOL

cs-07

..nisaluvrk.. Goldie
..nisaluvrk..
..nisaluvrk..

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:11am | IP Logged

great topic...!!

i wud giv nything to hv my own library...i wud luv to hv it...i hv a huge collection rite now wich i wud like to b converted into a library...i always like to buy buks rather dan borrow dem...it juz gives me a feel gud feeling...!!!!

hope to hv a library soon...!!!!!

Smile

cs-07 IF-Dazzler
cs-07
cs-07

Posted: 08 July 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
was go ogling book shelf's today and came across some beautiful pics.

well finances and lack of space stop me but i WOULD LOVE TO showcase my books someday on a wall in my bedroom. to hell with the rest.
krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
My ultimate goal in life is to build a mini-library in the basement of my home.  Of course, to fulfill this goal, I need to:

a.  Get a high paying job - would be easier to sell my kidneys since I have no special talent
b.  Buy a mansion - I am hoping Roger Federer can help me out with this one...  :p
c.  Buy tons of books - having an affair with a book store owner will help..haha...I am sure my hubby will understand :P (or throw me out...hehe)
d.  Find an interior designer - aah, here my cousin's wife, and one of my closest friends, can help.  She is not a professional designer but her passion is evident from her marvelous designs

So, yeah, until I become the CEO of Microsoft, make Federer my Rakhi-brother (or have an affair...I like the second option...hahah), have an affair with a book-store owner, and convince my Bhabhi, my dream will remain just that - a pipe dream, unfulfilled

Hope still persists though :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mizhics-07

nandini27 IF-Sizzlerz
nandini27
nandini27

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Great Topic. I would love to have my own library. I've been trying to build my collection for the past year. I even buy the books that I have already read so I could keep them and pass it on to the next generation. Its my dream to have my own library at home. My inspiration comes from the Book shops actually. The way they are categorized, the smell when you enter the shop, the different colors of the books. My mother has been so worried about me ever since I hav started collecting. Most of my collection contains 2nd hand books, especially of american authors. Many of them are not available at the book stores, so I go for the 2nd hand ones. The first thing I do when i buy them is write the date on the first page. 

Right now I have a 40+ books on my shelf. I am planning on having a revolving book shelf like in the pic below.

My present shelf looks like this

In case of arranging them, it will be based on the genre.

I am a romance book reader. So most of them will be romance books. However I do like historic books about countires, places, cultures, etc. Also read Biographies, comic books(if they are good enough) and am attempting shakespeare's stories.

Thanks for the lovely topic. I never get tired of talking about books.

Edited by nandini27 - 22 July 2012 at 11:08am

cs-07

cs-07 IF-Dazzler
cs-07
cs-07

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Beautiful shelf Nandini.! Am JEALOUS !!!
MY books are locked in a trunk.

nandini27

Go to top