Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 15 February 2010 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Have you ever wanted to (still want to) build your own library one day?

All of us here love books and enjoy being around them. But some of us believe in buying the books while others just borrow, read, and return them.

Do you want to build your own library one day? Where only the books you like are to be found? A collection of the books that inspired you?

If yes, then have you done any planning yet? How would you arrange them? What kind of books will be there?

-Mahi

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

mins97sweetscent13ragsmastlifeEatPrayLoveAudacious_RashmiLavenderCrystal..nisaluvrk..princessmithaiSwati_Hegde-Su-shamma92Angel-Jot.nandini27Nina_sabin-Aladin-cool_yvnondescript-X-NeeNee-X-shootingstar27angelirebelliBeetchhiltArushi.dreamer_dreamsAnhdara13-dhruviUnKnFascinationthetatwisted_lizfamzii05-GredForge-sheee-Nayab-isomers-ialwayswill-bharkhaaxeionastonishAngel-likeDeviliTangled_25ChillMaarYaar..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your own Library?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 6:08am | IP Logged
^^ I would definitely love to! I almost never borrow books... I like to buy them so I can read them over and over :P I have about 400 books at the moment.... I'm running out of shelf space now :P

You'd be able to find practically everything in my library.... I like to read different genres and books by different authors.... I give almost every book that I buy a chance even if I don't like it much.... so yeah. that's what I'd do :)

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ragsmastlife-Su-Angel-Jot.-Aladin--dhruviArushi.divingdolphin21CavingIn-Mystery-isomers..RamKiJanaki..

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 9:15am | IP Logged
i wud absolutely love to hav my own library Big smile i already hav a pretty gud collection and plan on adding more to it..... i often wish sumone wud gift me a well stocked library LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ragsmastlifeAngel-Jot.-Aladin--Nayab-sheee

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
^^ But that won't be fun :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ragsmastlifeArushi.

nondescript

IF-Dazzler

nondescript

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
GREAT Topic Mahi!!

I would absolutely LOVE a library with my own personal desk. A sort of get away. My own sanctum..... Away from my brother and sister, who never let me read a book or study in peace!!

I prefer modern architecture and design, however within my 'modern' designed home, I would have an inbuilt library which is old fashioned library cum study with wooden flooring. You know the ones you see in like Sherlock holmes and old movies LOL I would have all my books arranged neatly. My design books neatly stacked (I am a design student) on the shelf, then all my fiction books and a neat desk with a comfortable chair which I can relax and read my books. Ooh and it has to be dimly lit with a small window.....

As for the books, I prefer having my own copies of books - I hate sharing (I am not mean I just don't like sharing my books with people who do not take care of them properly LOL). I read a variety, I am not too picky. Currently I am reading The Great Gatsby and Fitzgerald has a a great description of Jay Gatz's library Big smile

Haha now I better stop before I begin describing the book covers!! hehe LOL

Sigh... It was my Birthday last week and Dad asked me what I wanted ... I should have said a library hehe LOL I wish!!

Once again... Great TopicThumbs Up

Loads of Love Hannahxx

Edited by hannahdmg - 16 February 2010 at 1:50pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ragsmastlifeGalwayGirlMegaAngelzsHPCRAZYAngel-Jot.Amerra-Aladin-chhiltArushi.dreamer_dreams-dhruvi-Mystery-isomers

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Well.......my mum has two rooms full of books......she is a complete bookworm :P and that makes our house sort of like a library.....but technically speaking...I'm not much of a book fan....I love reading books but only selective........and if I need to read a book  that neither me nor my friends have....I prefer to step into the library...... *wink*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

^^ But that won't be fun :P

oh i just want books,books and more books........i dnt care how i get it LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_yvneha333

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged
^^ Haha.... I prefer books that I pick out myself.... half of the fun of reading a book is buying it :P

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shellyttHPCRAZY-Su-_Ashy_neha333Arushi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top