Post Reply New Post

Page 70 of 125

InvisibleSmile

IF-Rockerz

InvisibleSmile

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

Originally posted by V323

the details of the entire plot are given on page#2 of the article. She has said that she is 'inspired' by the trailer. But she did not mention that she is copying the plot entirely. Does that not classify as plagiarism?

I'm sorry if my complaint does not classify as plagiarism.

And she has not created an ID to PM people. She is masquerading as a different person altogether. That isn't allowed... is it?

-V

I still can't seem to find a problem with the FF. =/ IF FF continues copying the storyline episode by episode, then it can be considered plagiarism but if it's just the basic storyline taken but the chapters are original with different twists and whatnot, then it's not plagiarism.

As for the ID, if she's harassing members using the other ID or spamming threads on purpose, then it's not allowed. Because she herself admits that it's not her original ID so i'm not sure how she's "masquerading" as a different person?

My question is kind of related to this, so i am quoting here. Like you said, the writer took the basic storyline from another show, hence there is no plagiarism here. Even if the basic characters and plot line are the same.

Now if i were to write a story, take the basic basis for my story from another writer's work, considering i add my own scenes,twists,gradual character development and my own dialogues but keep the characters same, their back story same and perceived ending the same as the author whom i am taking the concept from. That would be okay?  Can i call that story fully mines?

Will be waiting for your reply :)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "General Complaints Thread... (Page 70)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
^maybe mention the author and give them credit for the inspiration but yeah, that's fine.

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged

^maybe mention the author and give them credit for the inspiration but yeah, that's fine.

If the author/writer is from IF, shouldn't permission be asked for as well first?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NmyraAngel-Jot.

Nmyra

Goldie

Nmyra

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by InvisibleSmile

Originally posted by V323

the details of the entire plot are given on page#2 of the article. She has said that she is 'inspired' by the trailer. But she did not mention that she is copying the plot entirely. Does that not classify as plagiarism?

I'm sorry if my complaint does not classify as plagiarism.

And she has not created an ID to PM people. She is masquerading as a different person altogether. That isn't allowed... is it?

-V
I still can't seem to find a problem with the FF. =/ IF FF continues copying the storyline episode by episode, then it can be considered plagiarism but if it's just the basic storyline taken but the chapters are original with different twists and whatnot, then it's not plagiarism. 

As for the ID, if she's harassing members using the other ID or spamming threads on purpose, then it's not allowed. Because she herself admits that it's not her original ID so i'm not sure how she's "masquerading" as a different person? 

In bold - Fine. If that is how the DT sees it the story should be put on alert. I say this because the story was originally posted as Arina_R a writer whose work has recently been uncovered to be heavily plagiarized on at least 6 counts. 

The 'new' author - who has now popped up as a new 'ID' once Arina's plagiarism was brought to light has claimed that Arina was only doing her a favor and posting for her - the her being -Titaliya_AP. She has also been relentlessly scrapping random members - I for one am quite fed up with her trying to force her FF down my throat and am willing to file a complaint.

My question is kind of related to this, so i am quoting here. Like you said, the writer took the basic storyline from another show, hence there is no plagiarism here. Even if the basic characters and plot line are the same. 

Now if i were to write a story, take the basic basis for my story from another writer's work, considering i add my own scenes,twists,gradual character development and my own dialogues but keep the characters same, their back story same and perceived ending the same as the author whom i am taking the concept from. That would be okay?  Can i call that story fully mines?

Will be waiting for your reply :)

Um I've seen the Vewbie reply to this but I feel i need to say this - How is it that the DT seems to think it is okay to copy an entire plot and story from another writer FF or Professional and call it someone's own work with a minimal amount of personal 'tweeks' --- that certainly doesn't sound fair. 

However on taking entire character back-stories the concept is called - Crossover Fiction

Such would be a FF that merges two realities such as Harry Potter and IPK and then continues from there on.

Angel-Jot.InvisibleSmile

InvisibleSmile

IF-Rockerz

InvisibleSmile

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged

Very interesting. Actually i posed the question because i wanted to know what your answer would be. What you are saying is it would not be plagiarism. But a friend of mine faced a primal suspension for one month, in one of her Literature courses for doing exactly what you said would be okay to do. I think you should not be negligent with such cases. A author puts a lot of work to develop a concept, entwine the characters within the plot, with their back story and how it would all combine towards that cathartic moment. In real life you could possibly face a lawsuit, because what the FF writer is doing constitutes as plagiarism.

Particularly, the story involved, '' there is no beauty without beast''  the concept is taken from a show, Beauty and the Beast. I find it odd how any writer would allow some other writer to divulge into the character they had so carefully built. I have seen the show and read the first update of the FF.  Ie; Beauty in the show is a cop, haunted by her past relating to her mother. In the FF, the character khushi is also a cop haunted by her past, relating to her mother. And than in the show, there is an investigation going on where Catherine(beauty) is dealing with a case and finds finger prints on the victims body who is model, leading her to discover the beast (Vincent). Primarily in the first update of the FF the writer has just switched the victim from a model to a fashion editor, and instead of finding a finger print, there is a hair found on the body leading her to discover; Arnav Singh Raizada. I just find it ironic that you found nothing wrong with this.

And the FF writer has not credited the show, she has been vague that she was inspired by a show. Also, please ask her, to keep her characters and twists distinct from the show, or add a disclaimer in relation to it.

Just my personal POV, no offense to anyone.

Edited by InvisibleSmile - 20 October 2012 at 11:29am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NmyraAngel-Jot.vfordonkey

Nmyra

Goldie

Nmyra

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged

Very interesting. Actually i posed the question because i wanted to know what your answer would be. What you are saying is it would not be plagiarism. But a friend of mine faced a primal suspension for one month, in one of her Literature courses for doing exactly what you said would be okay to do. I think you should not be negligent with such cases. A author puts a lot of work to develop a concept, entwine the characters within the plot, with their back story and how it would all combine towards that cathartic moment. In real life you could possibly face a lawsuit, because what the FF writer is doing constitutes as plagiarism.

Particularly, the story involved, '' there is no beauty without beast''  the concept is taken from a show, Beauty and the Beast. I find it odd how any writer would allow some other writer to divulge into the character they had so carefully built. I have seen the show and read the first update of the FF.  Ie; Beauty in the show is a cop, haunted by her past relating to her mother. In the FF, the character khushi is also a cop haunted by her past, relating to her mother. And than in the show, there is an investigation going on where Catherine(beauty) is dealing with a case and finds finger prints on the victims body who is model, leading her to discover the beast (Vincent). Primarily in the first update of the FF the writer has just switched the victim from a model to a fashion editor, and instead of finding a finger print, there is a hair found on body, leading her to discover; Arnav Singh Raizada. I just find it ironic that you found nothing wrong with this.

And the FF writer has not credited the show, she has been vague that she was inspired by a show. Also, please ask her, to keep her characters and twists distinct from the show, or add a disclaimer in relation to it.

AGREED.AGREED.AGREED.<------ Not much else to say here.

Angel-Jot.InvisibleSmile

vfordonkey

IF-Rockerz

vfordonkey

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nmyra

Particularly, the story involved, '' there is no beauty without beast''  the concept is taken from a show, Beauty and the Beast. I find it odd how any writer would allow some other writer to divulge into the character they had so carefully built. I have seen the show and read the first update of the FF.  Ie; Beauty in the show is a cop, haunted by her past relating to her mother. In the FF, the character khushi is also a cop haunted by her past, relating to her mother. And than in the show, there is an investigation going on where Catherine(beauty) is dealing with a case and finds finger prints on the victims body who is model, leading her to discover the beast (Vincent). Primarily in the first update of the FF the writer has just switched the victim from a model to a fashion editor, and instead of finding a finger print, there is a hair found on body, leading her to discover; Arnav Singh Raizada. I just find it ironic that you found nothing wrong with this.

AGREED.AGREED.AGREED.<------ Not much else to say here.

Agreed

ps- you put the point across more clearly than I ever could. :)

Angel-Jot.InvisibleSmile

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Alright so,  maybe I need to consider this more than I did. I guess unless the author themselves gives the other permission to use their concept, it shouldn't be allowed. Is that fine with you guys?
Just crediting isn't enough correct?

And as I mentioned earlier about the FF, if the member is taking each episode of the show and the incidents and using those in each chapter, I can take action. And InvisibleSmile, thank you for letting me know that, that is in fact the case.

We're always open to ideas and suggestions of the members of this forum guys. If you don't agree with our decision and feel we're not doing the right thing, you can always call us out on it -which is exactly what you guys did right now and i'm actually thankful to you all for that. It helps us make the forum a better place. =]

Oh and the MID. Ermm I'm still not getting this here. She's not just using it to post her FF, is what you guys are telling me? She's sending PM's to read her FF? Have you told her not to? If she's still bothering you guys, i can bring that up with her as well. And if it's really serious, I can get the ID banned.

UPDATE!

I've posted a note at her thread and locked it.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3223389&TPN=27&#67693574

I've also sent her a PM. Just waiting for her response now.

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 20 October 2012 at 2:15pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NmyraKraniInvisibleSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top