General Complaints Thread... (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 125

spln

IF-Sizzlerz

spln

Posted: 20 February 2010 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Another one Nidha/Rabia...

I got a PM reporting this one, from a reader who wishes to remain anonymous...

please take a look, i sure hope the writer can explain herself and not get her ID canceled... plagiarism is such a sad affair...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1342613

Original Links:

http://www.angelfire.com/stars5/donnasantos/siyetangsweet.html

http://www.4to40.com/fastforward/index.asp?id=522

http://academictips.org/blogs/great-marriage-story/

cheers,
nj

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ilive2laugh-Zoya-SobtiObsessionkooliio

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "General Complaints Thread... (Page 5)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 20 February 2010 at 11:10am | IP Logged

thanks for this Nidha
plagiarism indeed is a very sad issue
please refrain from copying work that doesn't belong to you
and if you do please make sure you give credit to the original writer

cheers
Hina

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

searchoffriendsnidha1983

topsyturvy23

IF-Dazzler

topsyturvy23

Posted: 20 February 2010 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spln

Another one Nidha/Rabia...

I got a PM reporting this one, from a reader who wishes to remain anonymous...

please take a look, i sure hope the writer can explain herself and not get her ID canceled... plagiarism is such a sad affair...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1342613

Original Links:

http://www.angelfire.com/stars5/donnasantos/siyetangsweet.html

http://www.4to40.com/fastforward/index.asp?id=522

http://academictips.org/blogs/great-marriage-story/

cheers,
nj

i guess i this is the place where i can explain myself......see i didnt knew that both the topice i have written have been posted on another site besides one which i know bcoz i myself posted on them..................i have noticed that these topics are on more than on one site......so i am really sorry for posting them out here......i dnt get a chance to explain myself...........so what all i can say is i wont be posting anymore topics bcoz i am nt sue antone has read them earlier or not n if they r on other sites......someone is saying i copied it..i can also say some one copied my work.but i guess its hard to prove..........so in the end all i can say is u have already closed of the topic i wrote so kindly close the other one too as i dnt want anymore accusations n feel bad abt it.......n get anymore warning.i love to browse this site a lot n dnt want to be kicked out of it....n plz tekk me wat can i do to correct this warning situation.......here is the link to other topic that i posted..............http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1342613........i hope i wont be kicked oyt.i promise from here on i will be just a silent reader n will only post comments to the topics.....i hope i made myself clear n if there is anything else u want me to do i will......n plz close the topics n vanish them in sir as the never exsisted bcoz i dnt want to be embarreseed anymore without being my fault.....plz dnt take it in a wrong way its just too much for me to clarify to everyone who excuses as i am a very sensitive girl.......wudnt be able to take it anymore.thanks

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ilive2laughSobtiObsessionnidha1983

SuhanaSafar

IF-Rockerz

SuhanaSafar

Posted: 20 February 2010 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by topsyturvy23

i guess i this is the place where i can explain myself......see i didnt knew that both the topice i have written have been posted on another site besides one which i know bcoz i myself posted on them..................i have noticed that these topics are on more than on one site......so i am really sorry for posting them out here......i dnt get a chance to explain myself...........so what all i can say is i wont be posting anymore topics bcoz i am nt sue antone has read them earlier or not n if they r on other sites......someone is saying i copied it..i can also say some one copied my work.but i guess its hard to prove..........so in the end all i can say is u have already closed of the topic i wrote so kindly close the other one too as i dnt want anymore accusations n feel bad abt it.......n get anymore warning.i love to browse this site a lot n dnt want to be kicked out of it....n plz tekk me wat can i do to correct this warning situation.......here is the link to other topic that i posted..............http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1342613........i hope i wont be kicked oyt.i promise from here on i will be just a silent reader n will only post comments to the topics.....i hope i made myself clear n if there is anything else u want me to do i will......n plz close the topics n vanish them in sir as the never exsisted bcoz i dnt want to be embarreseed anymore without being my fault.....plz dnt take it in a wrong way its just too much for me to clarify to everyone who excuses as i am a very sensitive girl.......wudnt be able to take it anymore.thanks

I considered responding to you by PM because you "feel bad" about these accusations, but then I figured that since you've attempted to explain yourself in public, it only makes sense for me to respond here as well.  In most circumstances, it is difficult to prove who deserves credit for uncopyrighted internet material because anyone can claim that it is their work.  However, in this situation, I am certain beyond a reasonable doubt that neither of these stories have been written by you.  If you search text from either of them in google, you will find MANY results (more than 150 for one of the stories).  Some of the results were posted as early as 2001.  Both of them seem to be popular stories by unknown authors that are making rounds on blogs, forums and chain emails.  They are clearly not original fan fictions based on Indian TV serials.  I think at this point it would be better for you to just admit your mistake.  As long you don't repeat the offense, I don't plan to take any actions to suspend your username. 

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

smashysanchi333RaisinBronze.hinzbd670816topsyturvy23kweetrockstar_Athena_arshluver_15SobtiObsessionsplnnidha1983kooliioPrinsesse.SuviNadz_YuNalover

dmgmjht4ever

IF-Rockerz

dmgmjht4ever

Posted: 21 February 2010 at 12:10am | IP Logged
This is a very good topic
Thank you for this
I have seen many ffs
where it was based on a book or movie
and most gave credit to it
but it feels very bad
when someone plagiarizes
also
I had this one idea in my head,
and I was planning to make it an ff
then I read another story
and it was almost similar
but not exactly
so I pmed that person
and told her about my plot
and coincidentally
what was going to happen in my ff
was somewhat going to happen in hers
but the base line was still different
although the events were similar
so the person gave me permission
and I wrote it
which turned out to be not that good
LOL
but we became great friends after that
so it's not plagiarism
if you give credit
or have permission
and I think you should do both
so it doesn't get you in trouble
*smiles*

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

-kitti-~sumedha~hinzbd670816PinkSugarsSuhanaSafarilive2laughsplnnidha1983SobtiObsessionFragranceOfLovemusic_l0ver036

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 22 February 2010 at 3:18am | IP Logged
m always amazed at how ppl can copy other's works so rentlessly.Wacko

..oneOone..

IF-Sizzlerz

..oneOone..

Posted: 22 February 2010 at 6:16am | IP Logged

plz guys.......be original

whatever you are going to write from your heart, will be as beautiful as you have thought it to be....

luv yourself n others too

lolz
ana
Confused

Edited by cool_SK - 22 February 2010 at 6:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzbasket_101SobtiObsession

PinkSugars

IF-Rockerz

PinkSugars

Posted: 03 March 2010 at 6:39am | IP Logged
thanxx nidha di....!!