Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: V323

by that butterfly person? her thread's been closed off.😃

Oh good :-D
SamiyaIPKKND thumbnail
OK I wrote an OS

I used jane austen quote

Please read this OS and tell me if works like this will be considered plagiarized from now on 

SamiyaIPKKND thumbnail
And what about the stories based on song lyrics ðŸ˜•

where we add the lyrics and write a scene based on it 

I'm really confused

please clear my doubts
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^That's alright because songs and famous quotes are used in FF's regularly most of the time. It's only if you copy a storyline from another story or movie..or show.
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
QUOTE=Angel-Jot.]Alright so,  maybe I need to consider this more than I did. I guess unless the author themselves gives the other permission to use their concept, it shouldn't be allowed. Is that fine with you guys?
Just crediting isn't enough correct?
[/QUOTE]

Crediting should be enough. But how much of whats used is too much? Thats the actual question here? Do we stop at the basic concept? Storyline? Characters? Dialogues? For example, in university, there is a simple rule for plagiarism. When u hand in a paper online, the machine runs through it. And if it the plagiarism amount exceeds 25 %, it is considered a plagiarized paper.

I feel like taking inspiration from an author is completely different thing, than actually taking the whole story and replicating it with different characters. One should be allowed to innovate even in writings...nothing is entirely new. Most writings are based off each other, with one's own distinction to the theme and characters, which usually creates a whole different story all together.

However my problem with '' there is no beauty without beast'' was everything is the same. The characters, the concept, plot, the scenes. And without even proper due credit. So, thank you for taking care of that.

I do not know if i created a confusion of sorts here. But i was just trying to steer clear of a very infamous topic. And i feel like you should take more opinions on this rule - clearly this crediting the author and using the story has been done a lot. No just here, everywhere, Bollywood is a prime example [however they have to take permission from authors before they make a movie. So i guess this is irrelevant] And this is only Fan fiction - leniency is the word - maybe? I do not know.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 11 years ago
lazyleaves thumbnail
I am planning to write an OS which will have a lot of dialogues from the show (IPK). I will mention that those are from the show. So that is not plagiarism right? 
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I'd say no, that's plagiarism but something as petty as that, i leave open for the members to do whatever they want. 
lazyleaves thumbnail
Actually those dialogues will be shown as flashbacks and based on those dialogues which were spoken in the past I will write the presentEdited by lazyleaves - 11 years ago