Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

colors-the regressive channel!! (Page 2)

monsoonrains Groupbie
monsoonrains
monsoonrains

Posted: 17 February 2010 at 4:31am | IP Logged

Very aptly said.

Not only is colors regressive but it has made other channels to tow the line. Look at Imagine, after Devi it is bringing in Kashi,Palkon ki.

Apart from initial episodes of each show on colors, what followed was regular hackneyed storylines.

I am especially infuriarated by what is shown in Laado and Pyaar na hoga kam. The kind of treatment dished out in pyaar na hoga kum is abysmal to say the least. And Laado is pinnacle of regression. The evil of girl foetus killing is blatant truth. And that issue is simply non existent in any episodes any more. Rather women at pawns at hands evil characters.

All these serials can show one strong character who changed lives. Take a cue from today's rediff news abt women farmers from Medak district in Andhra Pradesh.

If evil exists in society so does the bravery.

Colors is a bad bad precedent for other channels.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bittu31anu rulzpoetic~~~~

india2050 Goldie
india2050
india2050

Posted: 21 March 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Yes!! Reading b/w lines or dialogues wont help-who is watching these serials-its known that a large chunk of  small towns & villages-do u think they can read b/w the lines--All they know is Ok Tv shows child marriage- see Anandi is lucky -got married early-gud sasural- so will our child-what horrors???And about the remaining regressive serials- women tormenting women-plzzz stop this nonsense in the name of social reforms!!!Wy cant you make serials on women enpowerment/ child education etc.. And glorifying rape---as was rightly pointed-gehna is living in bliss now-puhleeez spare us!!!
have already shifted my loyalties to Animal Planet.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Bigboss12diatoms82~~~~

misty85 IF-Stunnerz
misty85
misty85

Posted: 21 March 2010 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Completely agree with You. It's their tantrms to get the TRPs and in the pursuit of it they can do anything.Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

~~~~

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 22 March 2010 at 7:18am | IP Logged
i totally agree..the channel started out cashing on the regressive practices and then is just glorifying them widout showing any solutions..BV and NAIDL are the biggest examples..sadly,i still follow both of them on IF wid the hopes tht sumday there will be sum progress shown..sugna's education would have been a revolution if shown sensitively..think of all those child widows in whose lives it COULD have made a diff..and NAIDL is just getting wierder day by day..when the channel is talking of trying to make a diff,high time it starts taking its social responsibilities seriously..
*mittu* Goldie
*mittu*
*mittu*

Posted: 22 March 2010 at 11:46am | IP Logged
I agree. This channel is using these social issues as backdrop for initial trp pull. After that it is the same ghisa pita story line. I am very much disappointed in BV, NAIDL and Uttaran.

I would have liked if they let Anandi grow up to be an educated girl who fights against child marriage in her own gaon and against her family's beleifs. But I think the channel and the creatives are scared of not having Avika in the show. I also would have liked if they can show in the end of the drama where these kids or the people who wants to help them can go for justice. Like any real institutions that works against such stuff.
ayushimahesh Senior Member
ayushimahesh
ayushimahesh

Posted: 22 March 2010 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Colors is now too much....maked an mountain of problems
If this will go on...then no viewers & ultimately no colors
Really..there will be no sense of watching it.....only &only taking problems.....that willl not work at all !!!!!

*mittu* Goldie
*mittu*
*mittu*

Posted: 24 March 2010 at 3:22am | IP Logged
The new serial Aise karo naa vida takes the cake.. Rapist marrying the raped girl. Is marriage the only solution to all problems? What about education, knowledge of self worth, and independence?

I am tired of these serials. I miss old doordarshan serials which had good story line and great messages.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ekta76anu rulz

pourquoipas Groupbie
pourquoipas
pourquoipas

Posted: 25 March 2010 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
I remember a year ago when the saas bahu shows ended there were a lot of articles about what a great thing it was. but I don't think they have ended, they are going on and on. Most shows start with a message of some sort or the other, pick up a social issue and then 200 episodes into the show, the issue is sidetracked and its all the same manipulation and routine.
But who does one blame for this?
The channel or the production house? - they will say that this is what the audience wants, so we have to show it. This is what most people want to watch.
The people? - they will say we see whatever is shown, so how is it our fault?
But there is one thing that i do want to blame - and it is our practice of having a show on air 5 times a week. When it started, Balika Vadhu was an excellent show. It looked at situations in nuanced ways, it explored issues with sesitivity. Marital rape had been shown in a lot of shows, but never with the kind of sensitivity and condemnation that BV showed it with. I still remember that Gehna could not walk the next morning - a scene which made clear the physical trauma she had just lived through. And Basant did not think of it as rape, because she was his wife and this is what happened between husband and wife, right?
That kind of creativity is hard to sustain - especially if you have deadlines and are working 24 hours a day. After some time, you run out of ideas out of sheer tiredness and so use the old cliches.

Go to top