For NRI's-Will u return to India to live?

Poll

NRI’s - Will u return to India to live there for good ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hey friends , many of us are living away from our countries .....please members orignating from Pakistan , Bangladesh or anywhere do answer as well ( look at the NRI word as NRP , NRB etc).

I was wondering after living few years in a Western Country , enjoying the comforts available there . Getting used to that Country ,and making it your home .
1) Would you like to return to your orignal home ?
2) Will you be able to adjust to life in your own country (whether you've lived there or not in the past).
3) Will you be happy leaving everything behind and addapting to your own country and its values . Its everything good , everything bad .????

Please vote and do explain your reasons !!!!!!!!!!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
1) Would you like to return to your orignal home ?

For vacations, yes. Forever, no.

2) Will you be able to adjust to life in your own country (whether you've lived there or not in the past).

Well, adaptation would take some time, but i would be able to adjust and live there.

3) Will you be happy leaving everything behind and addapting to your own country and its values . Its everything good , everything bad .????

No, I will not be happy (speaking as of now). I've moved on with my life and now I dont think I can go back.
Pachu.P thumbnail
i would like to go to india to live forever, it will be fun....but it wont be too soon 😭 😭 😭
hazelgirl thumbnail
haven't seen the future 😛
usachick821 thumbnail
no, i dont think i can adjust to the lifestyle, nor the temperature over there, it would be nice to visit though, but i cant think of living in india once again b/c i've become too american.. lol
shahidlover24 thumbnail
I've been born and raised in Canada so I don't think I'll be able to live there forever but I do love visiting India...I've been there 3 times and I love it.
~*kRiTu*~ thumbnail
i would lowwwww to visit india every year, but living there, i dont think so, coz its not the country its the ppl, and leaving all the frnds and ppl here would be REALLY difficult, well i dun have any1 in canada, family i mean but the frnds and the adjustment and stuff, so i dont think ill be abe to survive in india forever 😆
Sarah13 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
well I've been in US only 6 years but i ave got used to the lifestyle here n ave all my friends so i don't think i can go to pakistan forever..but will definetly visit coz i ave all my relatives there
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

bahar settle hone ka sawal hi nahin paida hota! i love travelling and have lived and worked in many countries. but when i think of retirement, no matter how much later, it will have to be in india. there definitely is no place like home, being the soil that has inculcated the vaues, traditions that we cling to, the customs and the rites that makes so different from other country men, the joy in seeing our fellow countrymen in a foreign country, much of these stem from our love for the land we were born in. i could never cut that unbilical cord!

and indygirl, you started the thread, what do you think you want to do?

Edited by jasunap - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasunap

and indygirl, you started the thread, what do you think you want to do?

Since you asked ....hmmm !! I've lived in the U.S only for about 3 years now . I miss India ........but what i miss about India is my family, friends and on festive days !!!! When i was in India i was getting fed up with facing problems like powers cuts , water not coming some days , fight with autowalas .....disrespectfull men etc etc and most important i hated the weather !!!
I miss about India are many things but i faced a tough working womens life there !!
I frankly just can't decide as yet . I like living in the U.S , its got its advantages ....but it gets so lonely many times !!

I will leave it for a decision to make in the future !!