India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

apoorva a wonderful actor?

cupid_r Newbie
cupid_r
cupid_r

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:44am | IP Logged

armaan is a wonderful actor. he has become one for my favourites.

i wonder why his movies didnt work

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 3:05am | IP Logged
I can think of several reasons why...

maybe he was too young and immature... it showed in his face and his acting too.. except for Pardes, he looked really amateurish everywhere Tongue

Imho, he was also really thin earlier, in an era of muscular brawny heroes.. and I don't remember seeing any solo-hero projects either. He just didnt make much of an impact Unhappy

Plus.. he has Shilpa in his life now... where do you think all that emotion is sprouting from like a geyser Wink

I think he's way too intelligent.. us zamane ki picturein bahut hi senseless thi. Maybe his second attempt at stardom, if there is one, will give him the recognition he deserves. (Actually, how much more recognition does he need.. all the nubile young gals, middle-aged aunties and doting grandmas in India drooooooooool at his name!!!)
cupid_r Newbie
cupid_r
cupid_r

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 3:32am | IP Logged

i agree with u.

but i just hopePrayer he succeeds in his 2nd attempt

dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:00am | IP Logged
LOL LOL
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by queenbee

I can think of several reasons why...

maybe he was too young and immature... it showed in his face and his acting too.. except for Pardes, he looked really amateurish everywhere Tongue

Imho, he was also really thin earlier, in an era of muscular brawny heroes.. and I don't remember seeing any solo-hero projects either. He just didnt make much of an impact Unhappy

Plus.. he has Shilpa in his life now... where do you think all that emotion is sprouting from like a geyser Wink

I think he's way too intelligent.. us zamane ki picturein bahut hi senseless thi. Maybe his second attempt at stardom, if there is one, will give him the recognition he deserves. (Actually, how much more recognition does he need.. all the nubile young gals, middle-aged aunties and doting grandmas in India drooooooooool at his name!!!)

queenbee!

all these points are true! but i think that rarely we can find any actor who is equally efficent of portraying any kind of role! apurva has been projected as only some typical villaineous characters and may be he is not so impressive in such roles! and in pardes he was too young to create any impression specially in a shahrukh khan film!but after seeing his acting here, one can easily understand that he is just superb in this type of tragic and romantic role!he has sharp features and a typical lover look, which helps in this respect!but in films he had not so far got the opportunity to play such type of roles!  had he been used in devdas , i am sure it would create same impression as in jjkn! directors can now use him for such characters and if they do so i am quite sure that he will be very very successful!another thing that is important here, that is his explosive chemistry with mona, it just clicked! if this pair comes in films those films will also be superhit!!!!

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 6:06am | IP Logged
seriously Rumi, i was just thinking if there was a film based on BLF or jjkn (though it's impossible to condense it in 3 hrs) it would have broken all records!

3 cheers for our Apu!! Clap Clap Clap
Deli Senior Member
Deli
Deli

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Yes, Apoorva is a fantastic actor and he is doing a perfect job portraying Armaan's character in JJKN. He's definitely my fav now. :)
Zahira Senior Member
Zahira
Zahira

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:40am | IP Logged
maybe bad direction. T&D have really directed everyone well! Armaan did not act very well at the beginning of Jassi but now he has improved a lot. Besides he started acting at a young age. Also, he is not a natural actor like other others so he really has done well
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top