Open Letter to Mr. SRK (Page 16)

Post Reply New Post

Page 16 of 17

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 4teen11

That's what I said...when all the ink blots, the sword needs to shine. By saying sword, I dont mean in literal sense...read my previous post.
No one is threatening to kill SRK, despite his inexplicable stubbornness.

Since when has stubborness become a reason to kill anyone....if it was half of the population would have been killed.....are we living in a democratic country or are we living under the reign of Taliban.Dead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Open Letter to Mr. SRK (Page 16)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Gauri_3

I liked the rational way Arindam laid his points out.  Far better than what thackreys did. 

While Arindam used the power of his pen( coz that's his strength), BT is using the might of his Sena to get the message across(that is his strength).

We all know that 'Pen is mightier than the sword' but when the ink blots, the sword has to come shining through.

The sword is a weapon of barbarians who live in the past.

The Thackerays have a right to express their opinion. They have a right to contradict SRK. They have a right to be offended. They have a right to protest his film. They have a right to ask their supporters to boycott the film. They have a right to stand outside theaters and peacefully hand out flyers pamphlets, hold signs protesting SRK.

They do not have a right to suppress SRK's opinion. They do not have a right to threaten him. They do not have a right to break the law in form of vandalism. They do not have the right to disrupt the peace. They do not have the right to bully people into conforming their opinion. In fact suppression of freedom of speech, threatening, bullying, vandalism and violence are actions chosen by terrorists.

That's what I said...when all the ink blots, the sword needs to shine. By saying sword, I dont mean in literal sense...read my previous post.

So it has to come down to threatening to kill to be considered wrong?

Threatening to vandalize, threatening dire consequences if he does not apologize, literally blackmailing a person into apologizing is perfectly fine.

SRK has the right to be inexplicably stubborn about his opinions. He has the right to be politically correct, praise or dislike who he wants. No one has a right to ask him to change his opinion.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

realitybitesBeyond_the_Veilblue-iceMeena1

truemate

Groupbie

truemate

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 5:16am | IP Logged
So truth written in this open letter

awesome share.... thread of the year Clap

Edited by truemate - 12 February 2010 at 5:19am

4teen11

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 6:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by blue-ice

Since when has stubborness become a reason to kill anyone....if it was half of the population would have been killed.....are we living in a democratic country or are we living under the reign of Taliban.Dead

oh common man, read before you write....when has SS threatened to kill SRK. They say if you are so empathetic towards Pakis and muslims, then you might as well go and stay in Pak.
They have resorted to stopping his movie as a sign of strong protest. They are only demanding an apology and withdraw his statement. As a reluctance n stubbornness of SRK, they are sticking to their stand.
Muslims resort to killing...not Hindus!! They are most tolerant but from time to time, when water goes above the level, the sword has been taken out. History is the evidence and if Pak keeps pushing India to the limit, the day will come when they have to show the shine of sword.

I am not going to type this again for ROH but this is reply to you as well. bring on more so that I may express my feelings n thoughts even more explicitly.

Listen ..the last time I checked the Indian constitution the right of FREEDOM OF SPEECH was intact......and the indians go by the indian constitution not the SS constitution......the SS can shove their rules and regulations down their mutthi bhar followers in Maharashtra......their anger is misdirected..........after 26/11 everyone is angry....what has the GOI done.......ek terrorist ko pakda hai aur usko try kar rahen hain.....he should've have been hanged by now...............what did US do after 9/11....they put Taliban on notice...gave them a last day....to hand over Osama.....the Taliban asked for proof and the US attacked and threw them out of Afghanistan............that is what is done by the govts when they are angry with the countries that have wronged their people..............how much time has passed after 26/11.........what has been done by the GOI.............nothing and here the SS is protesting.............against a statement made by SRK................arre jao ...parliament ke saamne dharna do......................rahi SRK ki movie nahi release hone ki baat..............it is releasing all over India and world.............and SS is naive to think that fans of SRK will not watch MNIK....they bwill watch ..on DVDs...when it comes out................like I said SRK is a commercial star....he has never claimed to be a neta.......he works for money...........a commercial actor needs two things....his money which SRK already got and appreciation from their fans which again SRK will get after people are done watching his movie one way or the other......he has nothing to loose...the innocent people of Maharashtra are the ones who are loosing.....the sooner the retartds at SS understand this the better it will be...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:33am | IP Logged

oh common man, read before you write....when has SS threatened to kill SRK. They say if you are so empathetic towards Pakis and muslims, then you might as well go and stay in Pak.
They have resorted to stopping his movie as a sign of strong protest. They are only demanding an apology and withdraw his statement. As a reluctance n stubbornness of SRK, they are sticking to their stand.
Muslims resort to killing...not Hindus!! They are most tolerant but from time to time, when water goes above the level, the sword has been taken out. History is the evidence and if Pak keeps pushing India to the limit, the day will come when they have to show the shine of sword.

I am not going to type this again for ROH but this is reply to you as well. bring on more so that I may express my feelings n thoughts even more explicitly.

I am aware that SS never threatened to kill SRK. However, they did threaten to stop the screening of his movie. They did threaten to resort to tactics of vandalism and hooliganism to prevent his movie from running successfully in Bombay.

As I have mentioned several times earlier, there is the right called freedom of speech and expression in a democratic country. It guarantees citizens rights to hold their opinions and express them without repercussions. These opinions do not have to be politically correct or conforming to the thoughts of political or religious leaders. SRK has an opinion. Even if it is wrong and people disagree he has the right to it. Just like the SS leader Balasaheb Thackeray had the right to express his opinion that he is a fan of Hitler (which perhaps is the most politically incorrect opinion one can have in the world). However, he has a right to that opinion and no one should expect him to retract it.

SS too have the right to their opinion. They have the right to believe and proclaim that SRK is wrong. That they feel his statements are unpatriotic. They have the right to boycott his film. They have a right to publish and promote propaganda that urges people to boycott his film. However, they do not have a right to break the law. They do not have a right to threaten, blackmail or vandalize. They do not have a right to ensure people do not watch the film by bullying or resorting to disruptive, rioting tactics. These are against the law and the SS is acting criminally.

I don't expect people to support SRK or his statements. What I do expect is reasonable people uphold the right to freedom of speech. I don't expect people to disagree with SS opinion on SRK. What I do expect is reasonable people to accept that some actions break both legal and moral laws and ought to be condemned. At least most of the people who are upset at SRK over this and take harsher stance on Pakistan, know that SS is also wrong in threatening and bullying. Unfortunately, there will always be those who feel their opinion is almightily correct that it justifies ugly criminal behavior.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veilblue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:39am | IP Logged
The SS chief says that he is a fan of Hiltler...really..Dead...koi baat nahi....freedom of speech...Winknow I understand the reason of the way he behavesLOL.....but bhai itni badi baat kehne ke baad SRK ke peeche kyon pada hua haiLOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:45am | IP Logged

The SS chief says that he is a fan of Hiltler...really..Dead...koi baat nahi....freedom of speech...Winknow I understand the reason of the way he behavesLOL.....but bhai itni badi baat kehne ke baad SRK ke peeche kyon pada hua haiLOL

Yes. The articles are no longer in Cyberspace but those who have access to a reference library It was in Times Asiaweek sometime in 2007 and Indian Express January 2007.

He also has supported the actions of LTTE in Sri Lanka.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top