Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

VEER FLOPS, IShqiya well, Striker failed to open (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

adios

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "VEER FLOPS, IShqiya well, Striker failed to open (Page 3)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:33am | IP Logged
^^^this is just being talked abt on net but if  u check the local papers and tv news channels, they have declard it a 'super flop''. media has also changed the dimensions i guess 

adios

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 5:00am | IP Logged
^^

yes but it was on single screens...see in wanted the case was different. it was a suprising venture as it shocked the audiences by making more money in its 2nd and 3rd week + the business of wanted in multiplexes was far better than veer.

veer was poor in multiplexes, and to hit the bullseye today people need to have the multiplexes housefull since most of the revenue is recovered from there...

i just recalled that Salman himself admitted on ndtv last week tht the film didnt go according to him..and didnt do well as expected .perhaps he wasnt happy with anil sharma...may be..

Edited by Human_Torch - 09 February 2010 at 5:21am

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aneeshadgr8

well,as of striker,the mvie being out on YT didnt help its cause Stern Smile
well YT is not a small deal today its no 1 site on net and also gives out commercial revenue daily.....i dont find it bad if they have released it on it for us people, its actually good that they can earn better than in screens becoz hardly low budget movies are either released there or works, thats also doubtful...besides YT can make anyone famous, if it can my movie that famous,LOL it can do anythingTongueTongueTongue I LOVE YOUTUBEClap

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adios

Box office India is calling it below average. The movie did well in first week, but fell badly in the second one. Anil sharma was saying before that they kinda created a "hype" about the high price of Veer but it is not so expensive and he said that movie did well with the masses and the single screen theaters which is a fact confirmed by many. There still isnt a reliable source for telling exact box office figures different sites say different stuff and it gets confusing. Some producers publicize their earnings well and pay well to the press to let everyone know that the movie did well while others just chose to stay mum and let people crib and just pocket the money without shouting off the roof tops that the movie is a hit.

It's okay though.  Some people don't bother to check the figures, which is fine. 

LOL  It makes me laugh though that people post the verdict, which suits them more.  TongueTongueTongue  Everyone says that boxoffice India figures are more reliable, so I always go according to that.

In any case, the total net gross of the movie according to BOI seems to be around 35 crores.  Considering how everyone wanted to write off the movie from the start and the movie got such terrible reviews, I'd say it's done well for itself.  Tongue

Veer does has it's faults.  It's not a perfect movie, but it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be.  Of course, everyone has different choices, so I can understand that some people would not like it and some would.  However, it is nontheless amusing to see how some people go on and on about it, when it's quite obvious where their bias lies.  Tongue  But then again, NOT everyone has the ability to be objective and rational.  Tongue

By the way, there is already a topic on the Box Office Report of Veer, but I guess people wouldn't like to post the update there, as anything positive posted about the movie maybe doesn't go down well with them.  LOL

p.s.  Try not to quote me guys if you feel the need to argue with me.  Don't like my post, skip it simply as I have skipped the ones that I did not like.  TongueTongueTongue
p.p.s.  I was waiting for the verdict to be out, and I'll update that on the original topic.  TongueTongue
p.p.p.s.  Salman did NOT write Suryavanshi, so check your facts people before making remarks.  TongueTongueTongue

Edited by -Aladin- - 09 February 2010 at 6:49am

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ffkhan

I m very happy that veer flopped. i don't like Salman khan.
bad films always flops noone can save them ....janta is not a fool, why would they waste money which is giving them nothing but torcher LOL I am defintely in support of salman khan if he does a good movie...i liked wanted but veer...its result was expected 

Edited by Human_Torch - 09 February 2010 at 7:55am

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Box Office Earnings 29/01/10-04/02/10
Rank Film Weekly Nett Gross Total Nett Gross Verdict

Ishqiya

13,94,00,000 13,94,00,000 -

Rann

Flop

Veer (Hindi)