Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

nm21

Goldie

nm21

Posted: 08 February 2010 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
"We must accept finite dissapointment, but never lose infinite hope"
Martin Luther King jnr.

Understandably there are no "wrong" doers in the current situation.
Judgements of characters often leads to the mind playing tricks on us...what we should see becomes what we want to see, everything is based on a "assumption" rather than "reality".

In the same way no one can judge Riddhima for what has happened....I know not EVERYONE would have reacted the way she did but in order to analyse her actions today we would have to take a subjective approach on her as an individual rather than what a reasonable person would have done in the same circumstances.

a) she has never TRUSTED Sid, she merely BELIEVED him when he said he would help unite her with Armaan...there is a difference between the two words.
b) she has always had an apparent "6th sense" (i.e. there was never practical materialistic evidence which could prove)  that Sid is a lowlife with wrong, lust-filled intentions.

So based on these two characteristics, she wakes up one morning to find herself with her clothes ripped and disordered, her earrings lying about the place and Sid standing closeby. Again, based on the above, even if Sid tried to justify himself her prior feelings towards him were sooo strong that she would NEVER believe him.....I think as a doctor Sid can ask her for her own conscience to take some kind of test to prove she is chaste, rather than going around screaming about the ..."mishap"...For all we know, NO ONE feels more destroyed than Riddhima at the minute because she feels she is not worth Armaan anymore...bechari. 

In the same way, Sid is not wrong either. He's basically getting brutally insulted by Riddhima, simply for heeding someone else's advice. How many times we were shown that he deliberated the situation-AWARE of the consequences....aware that Riddhima lay before him, aware what and how she felt about him (i.e. molestor, kidnapper etc. ), aware that she was an unmarried girl pining for her lost love.
But once he focused himself, he realised that a) Atul would never provide incorrect advice, being a senior and therefore a more experienced doctor than himself b) he had no other option and c) he had to succeed in his role as a doctor and save the PATIENT's life (not specifically Riddhima's). He took the humanitarian option rather than socially acceptable one. A life was at stake...and he would rather burden himself with abuse than the blame for a death.  

And now a conflict of interest, a new day and Sid struggles to explain himself....Riddhima screams and argues and accuses and shuns and there is basically nothing Sid can do about it. Such is life....Sid thinks to himself "I know life isn't fair...but why is "unfair" never in my favour".....Bechara.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sohrobRadiantTreasuresidskbhavi20_sMagicalKashAngelic_JsamicuteLennie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "8/2-Sid and Riddhima" in Dill Mill Gaye forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

samicute

IF-Sizzlerz

samicute

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 2:20am | IP Logged
g8 witten

Lennie

IF-Stunnerz

Lennie

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Good post, analysed it very well Clap

stuti_KSGIAN

Goldie