Dill Mill Gaye

8/02 - Sid-Riddz-Shanky Promo - Honour is suicidal

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi guys,

I was sitting in meetings in office - missed the episode ( so, i save you all from my posts ki maar today and maybe tomorrow as well) and when I came to the forum, my favourite freak Shruti Fruity gave me a cardiac arrest with the new promo.

I am going to have a general discussion here and no, I am not going to talk here about just these fictional characters or how Riddz should be with Armaan or how Sid and Riddz are being forced or emotionally blackmailed into this marriage . No , it is NOT about DMG. It is  a societal discussion.

This post is about how we as a society have not changed - how nobody believes a man and a woman when they say nothing happened between them - how the society is a gold medalist in distributing gold medals and character certificates. And how this 'fear' of  the typical 'Log Kya Kahenge' and 'Tumse shaadi kaun karega' attitude suffocates half the young generation even when they have not done anything.

Riddhima and Sid already have a shady impression of something brewing between them , thanks to that tamaasha of the photographs that happened in front of the whole hospital. Sid tried to explain but Keerti said that it would not change anything - the damage was done.

And then that damned body heat incident which resulted in Riddhima believing that Sid had slept with her....

The judgmental idiot that she is - she screamed in front of everyone - every single staffer of Sanjivani that Sid had apparently 'Raped' her ( somebody spank this woman.).....in front of her father who listens to her horrified .... and so does the whole world.

So , the typical conservative society that we are - there and then , a character certificate must have been given to both Sid and Riddhima.

I don't know what triggers what but in the promo , we see a broken Shanky asking Riddhima to marry Siddhant. .....

Forget even thinking about it , these two people are not on even civil terms because of Riddhima's prejudiced hatred and Sid's reticent silence.

The decision is WRONG and will only make life worse for both Sid and Riddz. Life has been such a whiirlwind for them ever since they have met each-other that they have never had the chance to even think of what is between them. Riddhima is madly in love with Armaan and Sid , recovering from Tammz' heartbreak is in the middle of nowhere.

Now.......let's talk about it.

Like numerous Ekta and non-Ekta shows , this show is also a reflection of how water-tight the minds of our society are.

Shanky knows that he is putting both Sid and Riddz's life at stake but he is still asking them to get married. Because a father knows that once  a daughter's honour is lost and that too as badly as Riddhima's because of her stupid stupid stupid outburst , it is not coming back. Nobody will look at Riddhima in the same way as before - she is pristine but nobody will believe that. Family's honour will also fade . As a father , the first question that comes into his mind is - who will marry my daughter? Who will respect her?......

No... these thoughts are not inborn.... our stone age society drives all this nonsense into their heads. Don't we see all this crap around us all the freakin' time ?

- Uski shaadi toot gayee, ab usse kaun shaadi karega?

- She has had three affairs. Which decent man will marry her?

- You have to retain family honour. Don't tell your husband about your past love life! 😑

The fact is that a woman's honour is as sensitive as a lamp flame that simply needs to be fed by the oil of approval from the society. Nobody is going to believe women if they say they did nothing standing next to a man. We live in that world , where if a girl talks to a boy in Block A ......everybody in Block Z will know about it and aunties and uncles will instantly get down to the task of giving character certificates.

Women have it really hard. Seriously. Sometimes you think whether it is a crime that you are a woman.

If this was a real life situation, even if Sid -Riddz screamed from the rooftops that nothing happened between them , nobody would believe them and they would forever be labeled a ' Shameful Liaison'. It is the same - from a rural village to Colaba in Mumbai and Greater Kailash in Delhi.

A man and woman are looked in just one way in certain societies and we are a part of it.

So many times, we hear of rape cases being withdrawn because the rapist agrees to marry the victim. So many times, we come to know of rushed marriages done for the sake of a girl's honour and it is a crime to be a woman whose engagement has broken and even worse if she is divorced.

Shanky is acting no different. He is thinking of Riddhima's future like a typical father who wonders 'Meri beti ka kya hoga' .

Riddhima and Siddhant have done nothing that they need to be ashamed of , but amidst those bitching swords and giggles, nobody is going to listen to their voices..... not even Shashank.

Gauri-Pratham in Kutumb, Kajal-Arjun in KDMH , Kanwaljeet-Shraddha Nigam in Waaris, the lead couple in Colors' forthcoming 'Aise na karo Vida' , Sumit-Kumkum in Kumkum , Amitabh-Jaya in Silsila...... they all got married in the name of HONOUR , reflecting that no matter how much we progress and evolve.... we will forever belong in the stone age where a man is needed to cover a woman's body and protect her honour - her innocence notwithstanding.

In the serial, it is a very typical but unexpected twist. But in real life it is  very typical and expected solution when a sword hangs over your head only because you are a woman and your honour is at stake. Humph.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: NidheyaCole

Wow!!!

ThanksπŸ˜†.... But I will like to know what you think.
Sue101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
OMG breathless writing lolzz.. I liked what all you said..an acceptale topic...:-)
eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey poco, i read this post twice, started answering it n then changed my mind..coz

i dont know where to start n where to end this issue, there is soo much at stake here, if we say that we still live in the dark ages where women r treated unfairly that it not totally true..things have changed..actually a lot in the past decade for girlz n that is undeniable

...but certain incidents n statements in our own educated n cultured homes, make us realise every now n then, that the more things change, the same they remain.

Maybe we should be grateful for the equality the society has bestowed upon us or maybe look n delve deeper n see the lethal cancer that we r battling...

Can say only this for indian women today......

the woods r dark n deep..but i have miles to go before i sleep...n miles to go before i sleep........
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sue101

OMG breathless writing lolzz.. I liked what all you said..an acceptale topic...:-)

Thank you, Sue. I am just glad that you read what I wrote.

Thank you once again. 😳

fafi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
this show is turning to a typical saas-bahu ekta show...so its better to watch ekta shows rather thn ths crapπŸ˜†
heerhoney thumbnail
bang on nitz u have written it beautifully as usual and i liked the way u have written it from the societal point of view its so very true in indian society in particular everything is so very norm based  and prejudiced like a womans dignity if that has to be protected ( obviously to save her family and herself from disgrace) then she should go to any lenghts even if it ruins her life in the process i mean ppl act completely as per the the societys views on them (  like there are so many set standars like a girl should marry by the age of 30 god knows who has written this ridiculous rule , if anything goes wong in the in -laws place  its usually the girl who is blamed look at yeh rishts kya kehelata hai they are highlghting it really well )i am not saying all but  a majority definitely   go by the so called golden rules of society and those who dont accept these they have to face the so called societal glare

btw comig back to dmg ridzi has dug her own grave there are no two ways abt it i mean why  the hell was she shouting she could have discussed all this in a calm manner taking her father and atul into confidence but alas she had to shout old habits die hard after all ( the lady doesnt know that its only a good sound communication that can solve all probs she believes in creating a issue out of everything and reaching a conclusion even without knowing the basic facts) but what abt poor sid what has he done to suffer like this his fault is that he has behaved like a thorough gentleman throughout the trip helped the lady in every possible way but little did he know that the trip would cost him his entire life  litrerally ( truly if he gets married to ridz it would be worse than a death sentence for hin no offence to ridzi at all but the mental frame that she is in its going to be hell for sid ) i just hope sid gets saved and the marriage doesnt take place cvs plz help sid out of this dangerous jigsaw puzzle and give the guy some mental rest he deserves it  asap
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: eveline

hey poco, i read this post twice, started answering it n then changed my mind..coz

i dont know where to start n where to end this issue, there is soo much at stake here, if we say that we still live in the dark ages where women r treated unfairly that it not totally true..things have changed..actually a lot in the past decade for girlz n that is undeniable.....I agree with you, Evy. Our lives as women are  million times better and liberal than before. We can speak, we can live freely and we have our rights. But when it comes to our equation with men and our position in society , we are still there where we have always been.

...but certain incidents n statements in our own educated n cultured homes, make us realise every now n then, that the more things change, the same they remain.

Maybe we should be grateful for the equality the society has bestowed upon us or maybe look n delve deeper n see the lethal cancer that we r battling...I guess that is where feminism jumps to rescue which is nothing but an attempt to defend women and their rights. But what we need is respect first and rights later. We need to be seen in a new light where our character and our freedom go hand in hand.

Can say only this for indian women today......

the woods r dark n deep..but i have miles to go before i sleep...n miles to go before i sleep........πŸ‘

Sue101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Thank you, Sue. I am just glad that you read what I wrote.

Thank you once again. 😳

This is the second topic of yours I'm reading and I liked both.. first was that Mohabatein maple leaf on Shanky lolzzz..rofl yaar...both your topics did not for a second make me feel that I'm wasting my time...now on..take it from me..I'm always there to read your topics and defo give my comment.πŸ˜ƒ
eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey sue..long time...nice to see u here....missed u