Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
I enjoyed today's episode, Manav was the caring, supportive husband. It was great, that is what the show should be about but unfortunately the creatives are bent on ruining things.
commentator thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

OK folks,

The creatives figured out that they screwed up with the Shravani sindoor episode. As we all know, there's been a fair torrent of protest on that score. So what we saw today was an effort, however botched up, to put things partially right again. The way we're expected to interpret the new development is: he filled Shravani's parting to satisfy his mother, but what he did was wrong in every way, morally, socially, legally, and in the eyes of G Bappa. So here's where Bappa decides to pull him up short and tell it to him like it really is: Dumbo, THIS is your wife, the one you owe allegiance to, the one who truly has the right to sindoor from you. And, miracle of miracles, this is what Manav too believes at the bottom of his heart. He could always turn around and refuse to do it, because there is no real (i.e. yelling Savita) compulsion here, but he won't, because he senses the rightness of it, and the meaninglessness of the ritual completed under duress with someone else. So if he does do the sindoor thing tomorrow, no matter what ring he puts on Shravani later, he would be acknowledging the strength and value of his relationship with Archana in the highest court, Bappa's temple, before the highest authority, Bappa himself.

We are all, of course, free to come up with our own readings of every episode, but because we're always blasting the creatives, I thought we should also accept when we see some effort made in the right direction, even if it's all mangled and contrived. 

Commentator      
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Commentator , you make more sense than any article or anyone ....You are absolutley right . But if the creatives think that the ymessed up then why are they doing it again with this engagement thing.
If tomorrow manav does put sindoor on Archana in front of bappa then it only means one thing , he does acknowledges the fact that she indeed is his wife .
I hope it means something to it not because the priest is putting pressure ...
commentator thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Tanyaz:

Again, I offer what I believe the  creatives are trying to get us to feel, and given the context, they're not completely off on this one: Manav is, like all of us, both a private and a public person. His public self is forced to act in ways that sadden and sometimes anger his private self. The engagement, if there is one, like the sindoor on Shravani, is just one more public affirmation of his assurance to Girish that he will do the right thing by her. Now what's the difference between being verbally affianced and affianced with a ring? Both are promises, and he has already made what to any honourable man is the the more important of the two promises, given his word - which means a lot to him - to defend Shravani's and the family's honour. Obviously, a) we, as romantics, as women's libbers, as moral beings, can't agree that this should be his highest priority, and b) given the new circumstances of Archana's refusal to divorce in court, in hindsight his was a lousy decision. But having once committed - and in the thrall of creatives who turn a deaf ear to our loudest libbing :-) -  he feels morally obliged to see the thing through.  But the temple is where his private self comes into play, a place where between Bappa and him there is only the truth, one such truth being his simultaneous feelings of love, guilt, regret, and attraction towards Archana. There has already been the episode of the miraculously returned mangalsutra; we are thus encouraged to view everything happening in the temple as that which represents Manav's real feelings and hopes. His holding Archana's hand on the stairs isn't just to help her up the stairs literally, nor merely a romantic gesture; above all it represents the fact - acknowledged before God - of their being the most appropriate partners and helpmeets for each other in the longer journey of life.   

Commentator 
Edited by commentator - 14 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Excellent post commentator... very balanced... calm and as I always say.. extremely cool.

Agree with you totally.
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

If creatives have figured out that they have screwed and this is an attempt at some retrieval then why are they going ahead with another blunder of ring ceremony? To be able to come up with another lovely correction?

If we should accept their mangled efforts then their subtle way of exonerating Archana on account of Vandana's injury [even if by proxy] by taking up her presumed fall [again by proxy] at least in Manav's eye should not go unnoticed.

koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: samarth_050

If creatives have figured out that they have screwed and this is an attempt at some retrieval then why are they going ahead with another blunder of ring ceremony? To be able to come up with another lovely correction?

If we should accept their mangled efforts then their subtle way of exonerating Archana on account of Vandana's injury [even if by proxy] by taking up her presumed fall [again by proxy] at least in Manav's eye should not go unnoticed.

How I second u . If creatives will present god this way , I will put my perspective out tomorrow.
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
well said commentator . I am looking forward to the episode tomorrow . You have got me thinking a little  different now . bappa has suddenly appered in the equation . Let's see what happens tomorrow ...
Keep in touch Ok ,
Edited by Tanyaz - 14 years ago
Spartacus thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanyaz

Unborn child , unborn child ....what about the ones who are born and living ...the yhave a life too , not just the unborn child .

The man is married akash .  he is married to a woman who loves him and depends on him .
he thought she had mad mistakes that led to the failure of their marriage , now he knows that she did not make those mistakes and that all was a misunderstanding .
he is wrong .......what  he is doing to her is unforgivable .

about  the unborn child , there are many different ways to take care of the situation but Manav himself is dying to take care of Shravani and that unborn child .

But spare a thought its no fault of the baby, and people already talking about eliminating it as it would bring shame for Shravani.
I know that very well Tanya, he his married. He loves her to the end of the world, no two ways about it.
Ya but the situation has turned too grim, if shravani wasnt there u would have accepted her whole heartedly.
No i don't think so there is any other possible way too save the child, may be taking the kid to US its all temporary way out, but not a permanent solution

geethika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think Manav will not put sindoor on Archana's maang in today's episode..
Bcoz there is no sindoor on her maang in today's SBS segment......