Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yikes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
PART 4

The day was going by fine until our class teacher, who is also our Physics teacher, came inside. I love physics, really, I do, but this woman makes it hard to sustain that love. In the simplest words, she sucks.

She walked inside carrying the same demeanor of anger, like always. Why she was perennially pissed is still a mystery for all of us, but for now, we have to put up with her. I sweetly call her 'Angry old woman'. She is a short woman, with plump cheeks and a medium built. She has short legs, so when she walks it looks as though a rabbit is hopping from one place to the other.

She sits down and lightly dumps her hand bag and register on the table. Putting on her glasses, she quickly opens the attendance register and starts calling out names. But ofcourse, as always, no one's really interested in listening. This infuriates the already miffed teacher and she starts yelling at the top of her voice, "Enough is enough class! Stop talking now or else I'll go call the principal!"

Her outburst calms the beasts down a bit. Everyone qiuets down, fearing that she might rip her hair apart or god forbid, the students'. She takes a deep breath and starts calling out names again.

When the attendance got over, I started taking out my physics book and register, but before I could keep them on my desk, our teacher said, "I'm going to be changing your seats today..", and this statement invokes a unananimous reaction of discontent from the entire class.

"Shit!"

"****"

"Kya yaar...not again!"

As if she had plugged cotton balls into her ears, she paid no heed to the complaints and started shuffling all of us. Nandita made a face when she was made to get up and sit next to a guy named Abhishek. I gave her a 'thumbs up' sign and a smirk as she walked away, frowning at me.

Thankfully, I wasn't made to get up. Instead, someone named Ayush was asked to sit beside me. I don't understand this school. They discourage relationships between girls and boys, and yet thrust the whole idea of 'boys-and-girls-should-mingle-since-we're-a-coed-school" down our throats. It's like saying that you want a baby but you don't want to have sex because apparently it's 'not right'.

Anyway, I say 'Hi' and he says 'Hi' and that's the end of it. Our classes continue, and there really is no interaction between us. However, I do know that all this drama is only meant for today. Tomorrow, everyone will simply go back to their preferred seats. They'll simply change seats during physics class, and that's pretty much about it.

Our last class, i.e economics, turned out to be a substitution class with none other than our class teacher, Ms. Grumpy. So we had no choice but to stay put with our new partners. Thank god she didn't start teaching physics. By the end of the day, my brain cell are really dead.

We read our newspapers instead. Suddenly I hear a chuckle from beside me. I look at Ayush and he grins at me while pointing towards an article that apparently made him laugh. I look at the article, it's basically about how a bunch of rabid fangirls chased a guy when he said that he didn't like Zac Efron, the guy from High School Musical.

"You know, no offense, but I have to say that girls can be extremely dumb at times", he said in an amused voice. I shrug and nod, "They're always dumb"

He stares at me with his eyes wide and an eyebrow arched, "What ?" A little pause. "You agree that girls are dumb ?"

"Yup. They are"

He grins again, "And does that apply to you aswell ?"

"Nope"

"And why is that ?"

"Because I've got a brain", I said, pointing towards my head, "And I use it"

He nods, that stupid grin still plastered on his face. I don't understand why it is so difficult for men to accept that not all girls are alike. Bloody losers. He continues, "You have to be the first one to accept the fact that girls are dumb"

"Teenage girls, to be precise. Actually, what I like about men is that they never let their heart overpower their brain. Whether it is a relationship or a financial matter, they always use the thing called brain. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for girls", I finish with a straight face.

I'm guessing he's over the shock by now, as the grin has been wiped off his face and has been replaced by a smile, "Yeah, and when we say the same thing to other girls, they say we're being chauvinistic"

And before we know it, we're both laughing at that statement. It's rather wierd actually, because I've never really thought that I could laugh with a guy from my class. When we're done laughing, I glance at my watch to check the time. The bell rings even before I can look up. Suddenly, the class springs to life. Everyone starts hustling around and there's alot of commotion. I get up, stuff my things into my bag, swing it on my back, say bye to Ayush and start walking towards Nandita.

Direct link to blog: deviant-chronicles.blogspot.com/2010/02/part-4.html (Please comment there aswell! 😃)

Edited by scratches-head - 14 years ago
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
reserved

ba back at night.

EDIT:

Hey Aparajita!

This part is a little fiunny too. She enjoying the small chat with her benchmate is really good and accepting the fact that teenage girls are dumb unanimously is so enjoyable. Do continue soon.
Edited by Prasanthi - 14 years ago
_.serendipity._ thumbnail
Omg, I totally LOVE this story!! I was just surfing around randomly and came accross it, and I'm so glad I did!
It's brilliantly written ⭐️  I really felt drawn into the world of the story, and am soooooooo looking forward to reading more! 😃 😃 😃
Excellent work, really! 👏
Do PM me when you update.
Pooj@ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Brilliant work!

Parts are quite short, but that is okay, since you have first posted this on the blog. The character relates at some point or other (truth be told, I hate my college i.e. 11th 12th classes :) ) The story is well written, but we have absolutely no idea of who the narrator, Naina is, apart from the fact that she attends school, and hates it. I hope we will know more about her as the story progresses. The coarse humor provokes a grin, and it is in the flow of the story, so i really liked that.

Waiting for more!

yikes thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prasanthi

reserved

ba back at night.

EDIT:

Hey Aparajita!

This part is a little fiunny too. She enjoying the small chat with her benchmate is really good and accepting the fact that teenage girls are dumb unanimously is so enjoyable. Do continue soon.

Hey Prasanthi! :) Thanks for commenting! 😃
yikes thumbnail
Originally posted by: _.serendipity._

Omg, I totally LOVE this story!! I was just surfing around randomly and came accross it, and I'm so glad I did!

It's brilliantly written ⭐️  I really felt drawn into the world of the story, and am soooooooo looking forward to reading more! 😃 😃 😃
Excellent work, really! 👏
Do PM me when you update.

Hi, thanks a ton! I'm glad you like the story, looking forward to reading your comments in future :) I shall pm you :)
yikes thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooj@

Brilliant work!

Parts are quite short, but that is okay, since you have first posted this on the blog. The character relates at some point or other (truth be told, I hate my college i.e. 11th 12th classes :) ) The story is well written, but we have absolutely no idea of who the narrator, Naina is, apart from the fact that she attends school, and hates it. I hope we will know more about her as the story progresses. The coarse humor provokes a grin, and it is in the flow of the story, so i really liked that.

Waiting for more!

Hey! I'll try to make the parts longer 😊 I'm glad you can relate to the character, because I'm trying my level best to keep it as realistic as possible. We will get to know more about Naina as the story unfolds. Thanks again! 😃
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
**Posted on behalf of Aparajita, because she can't post links here :) lol, we're signing in and out of our accounts :P

PART 5

"Are bhaiyya, tez chalao na! ye koi bailgaadi hai kya ?", I holler at the autowala. I am on my way to the market to buy some stuff for the house. And as always, I am running on a pretty tight schedule. This goddamned autowala is moving at a snail's pace. The traffic isn't as thick as it generally is at this time, and yet he's taking his sweet time to hit that blasted accelerator.

"Madam ji, tez hi to chala rahe hain, aur kitna tez chalaoon ?", he replied in a nonchalant way in a tone that implied I-don't-give-a-shit.

I frown and say, "Haan tum toh humein uda kar le jaa rahe ho na ? Ab tez chalao, mujhe late ho raha hai"

He mumbles something to himself and doesn't reply. I cross my arms and look outside. Should have taken the car, but then remembered that there was no petrol in it. And considering how we're counting every penny these days, I didn't have 300 bucks for petrol at this moment. Sighing, I shake my head and continue to look outside.

When we finally reach the market, I quickly hop out and pay the autowala. Running inside the market, I fish out the 'To-do list' from my jhola and quickly read through it. Time to get into action..

My mom is really a fun person to be with provided that she's in a good mood. She's watching some old english film on TV and I'm sitting with her, hoping that she'd change the channel soon. It's sunday, so she doesn't have to work. I'm not demanding because today is the only day she gets time to relax. During the weekdays, she's just too tired to turn the television on and watch some saas-bahu saga. Plus, she's not the one to watch that crap. (Something that I'm immensely proud of. We tried watching Balika Vadhu once, but ended up in splits)

"Mom, what's this film about ? We've been sitting here since the past 1 hour but nothing's really gone into my head", I remark.

"It's classic! How can you not like it ? To hell and back is one of the finest films made on World War II", she replies in an excited voice.

I roll my eyes and sigh. Generation gap. Jeez.

"School's not been treating me well. Got stuck with Ms. Grumpy for not completing physics assignment", I say, casually.

She nods, "I'm proud of you"

I can't help but smile at her 'Let-school-go-to-hell' attitude. I can't express in words how relieving it is to know that atleast my mom doesn't pressurize me.

"Yeah, but I'm screwed"

"You're getting there, sweetheart"

I grin and shake my head. Mustering up my will power, I turn my head towards the TV screen again.

"What the...??", before I can help myself, these words come out of my mouth. We're having a class teacher's period today, which means we will have to put up with our new partners for another 1 hour. Although I don't mind Ayush, I'm kind of missing having Nandita by my side.

I scowl a little and flop down into my seat. And yet again, we exchange 'Hi's' and 'Hellos'. He goes back to his math homework, which reminds me, I need to get that done too. I take out my register and take a quick glance at what Ayush is copying from.

"Do you mind if I share that..um, Varun's register ?", I ask. He shrugs in approval and continues doing his work. Varun is the geek of our class, and since the release of 3 Idiots, he's been labelled as 'Silencer'. I feel that's an insult to Chatur's character, or perhaps I'm being biased because I loved that guy.

I silently get to work. There are about 10 sums that need to be done. I haven't even done one. I hate this. I don't see the point in doing homework. If you can't 'educate' us enough in 6 hours, then I don't see how another hour at home will make things any better.

When 15 minutes were left for the bell to ring, I let out a breath and close the register. Glancing sideways, I see that Ayush is still writing. Wow I like his speed, I think to myself. But it doesn't take long for him to close his own register.

"What's the first class ?", he asked.

"Physics"

"Darn. I hate that woman. She makes physics so hard to understand", he replies. And the floodgates open. In no time, we're dissing Ms. Grumpy in whichever way possible. Right from cheap jokes to hindi gaalis, we're indulging in hardcore bitching. It seriously feels good, because I love bitching about that woman. Any time. Any day.

The bell rings and we reluctantly stop laughing like maniacs. Trying my level best to wipe the grin off my face, I purse my lips together and stand up as she walked into the class.

yikes thumbnail
thanks neeta :) I'll send out the pms in a while :)
MrMonster thumbnail
I like the ending, and i love that part with her mom, especially when you said we tried watching Balika Vadhu but ended up in spilts, Glad to know there is someone else who thinks that the show is hilarious, Update soon.