Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Masakali- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: xetaxeta

Holy cow, Deepika has breasts! I thought she was all ribstick. 😳

Really, I still don't see breasts lol. Maybe in the first picture? But then I heard that pushup bra does wonders.
-Kash- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She looks gorgeous woww, def her best photoshoot!!
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ya I also think this is her best photoshoot!

She looks so simple, natural yet so sexy at the same time. LOL
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
N she has amazing hair!
joie de vivre thumbnail
Honestly. What's so great about this? OK, so maybe to lay magazine buyers that haven't seen better covers, this might look breathtaking. But it's an absolutely uninspired shoot! Deepika looks OK, pretty as usual but nothing extraordinary. Or maybe just that I don't dig this aesthetic that Deepika represents. That after Ash, Deepika is the best looking of all Bollywood actresses says a lot, doesn't it, in terms of standards. Don;'t get me wrong, she's pretty. But that's all she is, to me. Just plain vanilla pretty. Her posing etc are so so unimpressive. For that matter ANY desi magazine/photoshoot ends up leaving a lot to be desired. The photographers so untalented, the styling and hair so so uninspired and B-O-R-I-N-G.Edited by joie de vivre - 14 years ago
Originally posted by: joie de vivre

Honestly. What's so great about this? OK, so maybe to lay magazine buyers that haven't seen better covers, this might look breathtaking. But it's an absolutely uninspired shoot! Deepika looks OK, pretty as usual but nothing extraordinary. Or maybe just that I don't dig this aesthetic that Deepika represents. That after Ash, Deepika is the best looking of all Bollywood actresses says a lot, doesn't it, in terms of standards. Don;'t get me wrong, she's pretty. But that's all she is, to me. Just plain vanilla pretty. Her posing etc are so so unimpressive. For that matter ANY desi magazine/photoshoot ends up leaving a lot to be desired. The photographers so untalented, the styling and hair so so uninspired and B-O-R-I-N-G.

Deepika is looking great...

I love your points about desi photoshoots.. And why just the photoshoots... whole desi art and culture has started looking like leftover of Hollywood/West! Such a heavy hangover of west that we are losing our identity :(
Edited by adios - 14 years ago
joie de vivre thumbnail
^Point. Indian glossies not only emulate the West but also blindly rehash stuff, stylistically speaking, that there's not even an iota of Indianness remaining. Look at all the Vogue India, Harpers Bazaar, MarieClaire, Elle etc covers. All the covers, editorials and spreads look like poor epigones or are repeats. Vogue India especially. Not only is it aping Vogue US by repeating featuring Bollywood actresses in rotation (Deepika, Katrina etc) but it's so entirely divorced from the indigenous Indian sartorial sensibilities. Have we ever seen a cover featuring an Indian model/actress in a traditional Indian attire? Like say a Benares Silk saree or a Kanjeevaram saree,or for that matter even a Manish Malhotra creation or a JJ Valaya or Tarun Tahiliani? Even the models they use depict a certain Western aesthetic. We've never got to see Konkona Sen SHarma or Vidya Balan or Hema Malini or Rekha have we? I'd rather see these women presented in a novel manner than buy a horrid Sarah Jessica Parker issue. Nothing aggainst SJP (except that the pic they chose is quite a horror and definitely not SJP's best). When they put Gisele on the cover she was in a bikini (how original), and to infuse some faux desiness into it lest not someone cavil about it not being Indian, the stylist paired it with a jacket by an Indian designer, a classic WTF moment, and it was such a waste of a model and a world class photographer like Patrick Demachier (sp?). I don't expect a men's magazine like Maxim to do such a cover, but the rest definitely can.

Edited by joie de vivre - 14 years ago