Posted: 14 years ago
Very concise topic:

The video uploaders on this fickle website upload their videos on the most despicable, prone to spywares and viruses websites, because apparently uploading them on Youtube is banned on here. Four times in a row, my very expensive systems have been trashed, thanks to this illiterate and disgusting way.

Make a rule first to resolve this issue, whoever is the owner of this website instead of 'prettyfying' the website and 'borrowing' ideas from Facebook/Twitter in attempts to making this website, stalker, I mean user friendly.

I am not going to get started on the moderators of this mahaan website. Three months ago, one of the member's private sensitive data, thanks to stalking, was made public by a moderator here. It was done due to stalking and IP addresses, as all the DEV. team members have access to it. So yes, Dev team members that are probably twelve or thirteen, have access to all your private information. Thank you India -Forums. This issue was made public, yet the system hasn't transformed.

I am planning to sue this website for infecting my computers and letting the Dev. team members access my IP address. But it'd still be nice if the issues were looked at.

Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
Yes, yes can someone please look into this, recently i also got a virus on my laptop, when watching a video, which i do not know why they are even posted on sites that are virus prone, that was my first and last time watching any video on this site.
Originally posted by pisces25

Yes, yes can someone please look into this, recently i also got a virus on my laptop, when watching a video, which i do not know why they are even posted on sites that are virus prone, that was my first and last time watching any video on this site.

So what did you do? Did you have to pay to get it cleaned? Any tips? My system is 3 moths old only.
Omg i payed to get it cleaned, my parent were mad.. ok my laptop is neither new or that old but i lost my work for school could not retrieve luckly i had it saved on a usb and ya i had to put a new software into it..
I dont understand why things can't just be uploaded on to youtube.

I mean ZeeTV, Sony, Star, etc SURELY do not have infringement issues. I mean there are tons of promos and episodes on youtube that haven't been shut, so I doubt any of the corporations have a problem with it.
 I do have Norton, but it's just not fixing the damn virus. This is the third time this issue has occurred. The last one occurred just 3 weeks ago, and today I had accidently clicked the link to the website uploaded by the DEV team member, when scrolling down. 

This is very depressing. My parent's lawyers will definitely be dealing with this despicable way.

Ok, in the past year or so, my desktop and laptop have been infected with virus three times, thanks to India Forums. The first time it occurred on my old desktop, but fortunately I was able to save all my essential data, so all I did was re-format the system with the assistance from the folks of Dell. Next, just three weeks ago, on my laptop that's just 5 months or so old, completely got trashed due to a virus also acquired from this despicable website. It was so nasty that my laptop would only turn on and just showcase a black screen. So I talked to Dell to ask for advice, and they wanted me to pay 130 dollars for the issue to be fixed. But then when they got to know that since the laptop itself wouldn't let me access my desktop or any files, they had told me to contact DriveSavers, which basically is a third party system that would back up my data and of course I would have to pay 200 dollars for that. I was not going to spend 300 dollars on my system altogether, so of course all my data (my University work and private data) was lost, and I ended up paying 130 dollars in order to get the system fixed.

Now, today, I was on my sister's laptop and another virus attacked the system, thanks to IF again. I aint paying shit now.
Originally posted by moonlit.gold

I dont understand why things can't just be uploaded on to youtube.

I mean ZeeTV, Sony, Star, etc SURELY do not have infringement issues. I mean there are tons of promos and episodes on youtube that haven't been shut, so I doubt any of the corporations have a problem with it.

I just don't understand the issue either. At least it could be uploaded on Z-share which is not any better, but lesser prone to viruses and spywares. Anti viruses protection can only do so much against the cheap websites.

All of the soap segments are tagged on Youtube by various members which are NOT flagged.

This site is full of WTF type of issues. The same thing has happened with me, TWICE. It happened on my old laptop which totally just stopped working, and this new laptop is just 3 months old. I-F better not screw this one too. I lost my schoolwork, pictures, itunes, etc., all because of this darn website.

Zainab, if you're going to be taking action, then do it from my side too.
Originally posted by indn inn0cence

This site is full of WTF type of issues. The same thing has happened with me, TWICE. It happened on my old laptop which totally just stopped working, and this new laptop is just 3 months old. I-F better not screw this one too. I lost my schoolwork, pictures, itunes, etc., all because of this darn website.

Zainab, if you're going to be taking action, then do it from my side too.

These friggin laptops and desktops are so expensive, but what's beyond the price tag is the work that's erased when the virus or spyware trashes our system. My mother is just extremely angry with me, and my sister is as well which makes me feel worse, because it was her possession that I was accessing.

Since my father has pre paid legal services anyways, why not use it for effective and worthy ways. I am definitely looking into this matter, and it's definitely not just all talk. I wonder if a letter by the lawyers could be sent in at the office of India - Forum for damaging our properties, and risking our identities
Originally posted by zainab25

I do have Norton, but it's just not fixing the damn virus. This is the third time this issue has occurred. The last one occurred just 3 weeks ago, and today I had accidently clicked the link to the website uploaded by the DEV team member, when scrolling down. 

This is very depressing. My parent's lawyers will definitely be dealing with this despicable way.

Ok, in the past year or so, my desktop and laptop have been infected with virus three times, thanks to India Forums. The first time it occurred on my old desktop, but fortunately I was able to save all my essential data, so all I did was re-format the system with the assistance from the folks of Dell. Next, just three weeks ago, on my laptop that's just 5 months or so old, completely got trashed due to a virus also acquired from this despicable website. It was so nasty that my laptop would only turn on and just showcase a black screen. So I talked to Dell to ask for advice, and they wanted me to pay 130 dollars for the issue to be fixed. But then when they got to know that since the laptop itself wouldn't let me access my desktop or any files, they had told me to contact DriveSavers, which basically is a third party system that would back up my data and of course I would have to pay 200 dollars for that. I was not going to spend 300 dollars on my system altogether, so of course all my data (my University work and private data) was lost, and I ended up paying 130 dollars in order to get the system fixed.

Now, today, I was on my sister's laptop and another virus attacked the system, thanks to IF again. I aint paying shit now.

Can You Pls Tell Which Version Cause Recently just 2 Year Ago I Started My Jurney Here In India-Forums And I Do Not Have Any Virus Issues From That Software And I Worked On Norton 2005 To 2010 Protected Computers In Last 6 Years With No Virus Containing In It And Accessing All Sites Even That Site Which My Software Told Virused Site I Not Just Visited But Downloaded That Virused Videos From That Site To My Desktop But Still There Is No Virus Came In Desktop Or Even 1 Byte Off Data Losted.

By
Hardik Kansagra