Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sugar plum

Goldie

sugar plum

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

hi everyone... i know you guys are going to laugh when you think of someone actually writing about how it feels to be a leftieLOL... but do read, and you'll have a new perspective on what we lefties have to go through that right handers just take for grantedSmile...

i am a leftie, and it makes me sooooo proud... it's a very special feeling that hardly any non leftie appreciates... but it's only us who know that it's a great ability...

but we're always discriminated against, nothing serious, just things that are really trivial but important too... like scissors... scissors are almost always designed for right handers, veggie peelers, i have tried and tried and tried, but i CANNOT peel a cucumber or a carrot with the ordinary peeler... desks in college... we had our exams last week... and i found it so hard to write an exam paper within the time limit with a desk like that... so i kept my writing pad on my lap and wrote...

the invigilator though i was cheating and nearly chucked me out until i told him it was because i'm a leftie... seriously, some people look at you as though you're disabled...

even a simple handshake can be a problem... and whenever i have arm wrestling matches with my brother, i always lose, because i'm a leftie and i have to use my right hand... it's annoying... really!! it's a completely different point that he's 4 years older than me and really strong... lol

at school i found it difficult to learn to do the right lay up correctly, i'm talking about basketball... the coaches were ok with it, but people were wondering what took me so long to learn... at the temple, the priest refuses to give you prashad unless you hold out your right hand... i understand, the left hand is considered unclean... but that's only if you are a right hander... isn't that correct??? then, when you are a leftie, the right hand is the not so good one... i mean, in terms of traditional belief... personally, both hands are a part of me, and i love them both... lol

another thing... when i have to dance, i find that my right is not as graceful as my left... probably the way you guys feel your left doesn't work as well as your right... lol... it's funny... but it's also true...Wink... i also found it hard to learn to play the piano...

many people i meet are like... 'you EAT and WRITE with your left hand????' and they give you those sad, sympathising looks... AAARGGGHHH! it drives me up the wall... recently, at a wedding lunch, one of the old AUNTIES looked me up and down and said, 'u were born this way???'Angry

gimme a breakkkkkkk!!!!!! did you know??? beethoven, michelangelo, einsten, raphael, amitabh bachchan, charlie chaplin, tom cruise, angelina jolie, john McEnroe, martina navratilova, mahatma gandhi, rembrandt and da vinci were LEFTIES???? Clap

but some of my friends are IMPRESSED by it!Wink cool... that's the attitude i like!

what do you guys think?Smile do you think it's normal to be a left hander? please tell me... it would help... and i won't be surprised if many of you still wonder what i'm fussing about...Wink

Edited by sugar bun - 20 November 2005 at 12:13am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "the LEFTIE life" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sugar plum

Goldie

sugar plum

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
hey PRINCE WILLIAM is a leftie toooooo!! haha! yay!

Edited by sugar bun - 19 November 2005 at 11:02pm

sugar plum

Goldie

sugar plum

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

the good thing is that when i played basketball in school, everytime i had to shoot, i used my left hand, but the opponent would always swat at my right hand, so... easy shots in no time! plus in cricket. the bowlers get really irritated if you're a leftie batsman... lol

apparently, it's a great advantage in sports, i know about basketball, but i have heard... that if you have a leftie on your volleyball team, you have a good advantage, because they cover the weak side... in fencing, you have an advantage because a leftie can hit targets that are not properly covered!!!

apparently we're good or even better than others at baseball, another thing... when i played water polo back in 5th, i had a clear advantage because i could score easily from the weak side... it's all about USING the advantage... Lefties can give a competitive edge to any soccer, basketball, vollyball, or water polo team provided their coaches know how to use them and train them...

so, world, WATCH OUT!

Edited by sugar bun - 19 November 2005 at 11:26pm

sugar plum

Goldie

sugar plum

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:33pm | IP Logged

FAMOUS LEFTIES FROM HISTORY:
Joan of Arc (?), French heroine
Lloque Yapanqui (?), Inca monarch
Ramses II (?), Egyptian pharaoh
Tiberius (?), Roman emperor
Alexander the Great
Charlemagne, Holy Roman emperor
Julius Caesar, Roman general
Napolon Bonaparte (?), French emperor
Josephine de Beauharnais
King Louis XVI of France
Queen Victoria of England
King George II of England
King George VI of England
Prince Charles of England
Prince William of England
Fidel Castro, Cuban leader
Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli prime-minister
Nicole d'Oresme, mathematician
Henry Ford, automobile manufacturer
David Rockefeller, banker
Dwight F. Davis, founder of the Davis Cup in tennis
Helen Keller, advocate for the blind
Dr. Albert Schweitzer, physician/missionary
August Piccard, inventor of stratosphere, bathosphere
Edwin Buzz Aldrin, astronaut
Wally Schirra, astronaut
Dr. Mark Silver, surgeon
Paul Prudhomme, chef
Cecil Beaton, photographer/costume designer
Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts (ambidexterous)
Dave Barry, journalist
Edward R. Murrow, correspondent
Ted Koppel, journalist
Forrest Sawyer, journalist
Ray Suarez, journalist
John F. Kennedy, Jr., lawyer/publisher
Caroline Kennedy, lawyer/author
Ron Reagan, son of Ronald Reagan
Vin Scully, sports broadcaster
David Letterman (?), host
Jay Leno, host
Lenny Bruce, comedian
Allen Ludden, host
Joel Hodgson, host of Mystery Science Theater 3000
Wink Martindale, game show host
Uri Geller, psychokinetic performer
Richard Simmons, exercise guru
Euell Gibbons, naturalist
Marie Dionne, one of the Dionne quintuplets
General H. Norman Schwarzkopf
Clarence Darrow, lawyer
F. Lee Bailey, lawyer
Melvin Belli, lawyer
Marcia Clark, lawyer
Alan Funt, television producer
Milt Caniff, cartoonist
Bill Mauldin, cartoonist
Cathy Guisevite, cartoonist
Matt Groening, cartoonist
Jean Plantureux (Plantu), political cartoonist
Pat Oliphand, political cartoonist Ronald Searle, cartoonist
Pat Robertson, evangelist/politician
N.B. Forrest, Confederate general
John Dillinger, criminal/bank robber
Boston Strangler (Albert Henry DeSalvo), serial killer
Jack-the-Ripper, serial killer
John Wesley Hardin, Western gunslinger
Bart Simpson, cartoon character
[King Edward III of England, due to stroke]

there's also eminem, hans christian andersen, lewis caroll, h g wells, gary kasparov, aristotle,bill gates, leo tolstoy, james cameron... whoopeeeeeee!

Edited by sugar bun - 20 November 2005 at 12:14am

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Tongue

vash_ari

vash_ari

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 4:35am | IP Logged
hey, 'sugar ban' why are you taking so seriously you know as i have noticed and even i have read too that all leftie's are brillent and intelegent people,the reason for that is all lefties use ther right side brain which is very powerful.But all righthanders use there left brain which is not so powerful as i have read. So you are lucky that you are a leftie and even i wish i could be a leftie too. Smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 7:18am | IP Logged
my mum is a leftie . You may not know her . but she's pretty awesome !! Smile Smile

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sugar bun

hey PRINCE WILLIAM is a leftie toooooo!! haha! yay!

OOOh, Now you've converted me! Embarrassed

but, honestly i dont think there is anything wrong with being a leftie.

with the piano, i find it tough when the melody is in the left hand instead of the right...a left handed person would find that easy.

it would be awesome if i were ambidextrous, but its not possible. We all have our own little advantages and disadvantages; no big deal. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top