Page 4 Page 4

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 08 February 2010 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by visrom

Even though I hate BJP, I like the comment made by them. She is not Indian, she's Italian.What would she know about India? She was brought up in Venice, eating biscottis and riding in gondolas in complete luxury. She won't understand what a working-class construction worker with 4 kids has to do to feed his family.

Whetherwe like her or not, Congress doesn't have another leader with the same charisma as Sonia. They tried with Sitaram Kesri, Narasimha Rao etc but the party suffered defeats under their leadership.

As to what she would understand about working-class construction worker, pls remember that she has spent more than half of her life in India and less than half in Italy.

She knows enough to lead her party to victory. She has done it twice.

Yes I agree with the first comment. She is a natural born and chrasmatic leader. I also agree with the fact that she has lived half of her life in India. But she has always lived a life of luxury in India. So she doesn't know about the real India or the life in slums. Agreed that other politicians haven't too, but at least they're doing something about it. Plus, there's her Swiss bank accounts and her links with the KGB.
Personally, have you lived in a slum? Have all our political leaders lived in slums??? Look at their asset declarations before elections(official wealth, ok, unofficial assets not included). They are much better off than any 'Italian gondola rider'.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sonia Gandhi - Legend or Loss? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 08 February 2010 at 7:25pm | IP Logged

Even though I hate BJP, I like the comment made by them. She is not Indian, she's Italian.What would she know about India? She was brought up in Venice, eating biscottis and riding in gondolas in complete luxury. She won't understand what a working-class construction worker with 4 kids has to do to feed his family.

Whetherwe like her or not, Congress doesn't have another leader with the same charisma as Sonia. They tried with Sitaram Kesri, Narasimha Rao etc but the party suffered defeats under their leadership.

As to what she would understand about working-class construction worker, pls remember that she has spent more than half of her life in India and less than half in Italy.

She knows enough to lead her party to victory. She has done it twice.

Yes I agree with the first comment. She is a natural born and chrasmatic leader. I also agree with the fact that she has lived half of her life in India. But she has always lived a life of luxury in India. So she doesn't know about the real India or the life in slums. Agreed that other politicians haven't too, but at least they're doing something about it. Plus, there's her Swiss bank accounts and her links with the KGB.

Personally, have you lived in a slum? Have all our political leaders lived in slums??? Look at their asset declarations before elections(official wealth, ok, unofficial assets not included). They are much better off than any 'Italian gondola rider'.
I have lived near the slums and have often gone there to distribut prasad for Diwali etc.. I've seen the conditions, 8 people living together in a few square feet of area. And the governement are busy convicting a rapist after 15 years. Not that it's not important, but poverty affects India more than that and it's a major problem.

4teen11

Posted: 08 February 2010 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 8:18am | IP Logged

4teen11

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:07pm | IP Logged

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Well I guess if she openly embraces India and has set her heart in doing some good, she does deserve a chance like anyone else.

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 8:21am | IP Logged

Sherraz

Sherraz

Posted: 14 February 2010 at 6:15am | IP Logged
I don't think Sonia Gandhi is a legend yet, she is not a loss either. She happens to be a great leader who had a rough start. I like the kinda leadership she has given to the congress and brought them to power.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top