Debate Mansion

Rahul Gandhi taking the local train (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
What bloody BS. It is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Going on a local train surrounded by your body guards and causing chaos to people on the train does not prove he is an 'ordinary man'. Let's face it..he isn't so why the drama? It is not a 'nice gesture' in my opinion. David cameron (conservative leader) always walks the streets in London with his wife and kids but the british media don't go crazy over it because it's no big deal. Mayor of London Boris Johnson takes part in cycling activities, not because he cares a damn about cyclists but to present his new scheme to the public and to show them what he is doing for the good of society. 8-)

Travelling on a train for one day not to show you are a 'common man' but instead you are trying to gather public and media attention and it does not come close to what an average Indian goes through travelling on a packed train almost every day of the week on their journey to and from work. I hope the average Indian doesn't fall for this cheap trick of his to garner votes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rahul Gandhi taking the local train (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by debayon

Don't know much about MNS because I wasn't brought up in Mumbai. Drama. Well, I agree with you to some extent, but that extent stops when you mentioned Thackeray. You can't compare the ill-doings of SS with what Rahul has done. He may not have done much and may be the general secretary of Cong. because of the popularity. But he has a lot of potential and there's something about him which gives him a 'wow' factor. Of course, he can never be like the common man, but at least he's trying to. Poor guy is confused I guess at this young age, give him a chance, he can do wonders.

Young age!!!  He is 39, for Pete's sake!!!

LMFAO!ROFLROFL
39 and the guy is still 'confused'. I'm afraid he is running out of chances debayon.LOL

MithiBani

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Don't know much about MNS because I wasn't brought up in Mumbai. Drama. Well, I agree with you to some extent, but that extent stops when you mentioned Thackeray. You can't compare the ill-doings of SS with what Rahul has done. He may not have done much and may be the general secretary of Cong. because of the popularity. But he has a lot of potential and there's something about him which gives him a 'wow' factor. Of course, he can never be like the common man, but at least he's trying to. Poor guy is confused I guess at this young age, give him a chance, he can do wonders.

Young age!!! He is 39, for Pete's sake!!!

LMFAO!ROFLROFL

39 and the guy is still 'confused'. I'm afraid he is running out of chances debayon.LOL
Agreed. Procrastination and votes have got the better of him. He's been brainwashed by Cong. But he has this radiance.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

gin_ger_ale

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 9:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I actually agree with Debayon, Rahul Gandhi has a lot more potential. Politically he is young. I do not think Rahul always intended to enter politics. He has been circumstantially compelled to inherit the throne as some call it. He does not seem to have the hard core self serving mindset of most traditional politicians. He had a successful management career prior to 2003. He may intend to pad his vote bank, but I think there is an intent to do good and serve too.

That is my perception of Rahul, of course he could be just like any other politician.

Sun rises from the west

Will happen when the magnetic poles shift.

pigs can fly

Cannot completely dismiss evolutionary leaps.

sun rotates around earth......................

It is a matter of relative perspective.

c'mon RTH, keep adding to the wish listLOL

You are a political cynic. I am never going to expect you to share my political opinion.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 February 2010 at 12:06am | IP Logged

he is one of the young and budding politicians who understands what India needs from a young and capable person's POV.

Haha, young and capable! LOL

All his charisma is because of India Media who somehow never question a Nehru-Gandhi or say anything negative about them. Nehru-Gandhi can never be wrong, when was the last time you saw a news channel criticising a Nehru-Gandhi?

How many news channels showed this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIv_rtFWLps

Why is he being allowed to visit universities to propagate his party's agenda? No political party should be allowed to do this.

And what about his recent "NGS commandos UP and Bihar saved Mumbai during 26/11" remark, this was as inflammatory as were the remarks from the Thackereys. That wasn't a mature comment IMO!

Edited by SolidSnake - 06 February 2010 at 12:08am

4teen11

Posted: 06 February 2010 at 12:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 06 February 2010 at 7:07am | IP Logged
See, the main thing is that he will never be like a common man, but at least he tried to. Not like Bal Thackeray, who is terrorizing non-Marathis or like Mamata Banarjee, who shouts like there's no end and then gives false promises and doesn't do s**t. The thing is that he is not learning from his mother.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top