Debate Mansion

Rahul Gandhi taking the local train (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by debayon

Actually what Rahul Gandhi did was very good and honest. But it's repurcations weren't.  As simple as that.

he is no where close to being "honest", debayon.  He has been a failure at everything he has attempted in his life so far.  Without that Gandhi last name, he would be a no-body right now. 
he is one of the young and budding politicians who understands what India needs from a young and capable person's POV.

He is not out there to understand what India needs.  He is there to ensure a vote bank. 

One does not  really have to go visit the slums for them to realize what slum-dwellers need. 

As far as calling Rahul "capable" - site one accomplishment he has had so far apart from being born in Gandhi clan. 

Actually, to really understand something from another person's perspective you really need to walk a mile in their shoe. One can watch the slums, read about the slums but never empathize what slum life is like unless they live it.

But yes there is a difference between taking a walk in someone else's shoes to understand them, and pretending to walk in someone else's shoes.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rahul Gandhi taking the local train (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-PoisonIvy-

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:01pm | IP Logged

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:10pm | IP Logged

Actually what Rahul Gandhi did was very good and honest. But it's repurcations weren't. As simple as that.

he is no where close to being "honest", debayon. He has been a failure at everything he has attempted in his life so far. Without that Gandhi last name, he would be a no-body right now.
he is one of the young and budding politicians who understands what India needs from a young and capable person's POV.

He is not out there to understand what India needs. He is there to ensure a vote bank.

One does not reallyhave to go visit the slums forthem to realize what slum-dwellers need.

As far as calling Rahul "capable" - site oneaccomplishment he has had so far apart from being born in Gandhi clan.
I actually didn't mean to say 'honest'-nothing is honest in Indian politics. But what about when he went to the slums(even though for votes)

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:13pm | IP Logged

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:21pm | IP Logged

I actually didn't mean to say 'honest'-nothing is honest in Indian politics. But what about when he went to the slums(even though for votes)

Drama --- just like thackreys do when they pretend to be oh so caring for marathi manoosLOL
Don't know much about MNS because I wasn't brought up in Mumbai. Drama. Well, I agree with you to some extent, but that extent stops when you mentioned Thackeray. You can't compare the ill-doings of SS with what Rahul has done. He may not have done much and may be the general secretary of Cong. because of the popularity. But he has a lot of potential and there's something about him which gives him a 'wow' factor. Of course, he can never be like the common man, but at least he's trying to. Poor guy is confused I guess at this young age, give him a chance, he can do wonders.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-PoisonIvy-

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:32pm | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
I actually agree with Debayon, Rahul Gandhi has a lot more potential. Politically he is young. I do not think Rahul always intended to enter politics. He has been circumstantially compelled to inherit the throne as some call it. He does not seem to have the hard core self serving mindset of most traditional politicians. He had a successful management career prior to 2003. He may intend to pad his vote bank, but I think there is an intent to do good and serve too.

That is my perception of Rahul, of course he could be just like any other politician.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil-PoisonIvy-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top