Rahul Gandhi taking the local train - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Sun rises from the west

Will happen when the magnetic poles shift.

pigs can fly

Cannot completely dismiss evolutionary leaps.

sun rotates around earth......................

It is a matter of relative perspective.

c'mon RTH, keep adding to the wish list😆

You are a political cynic. I am never going to expect you to share my political opinion.
Originally posted by debayon

he is one of the young and budding politicians who understands what India needs from a young and capable person's POV.

Haha, young and capable! 😆

All his charisma is because of India Media who somehow never question a Nehru-Gandhi or say anything negative about them. Nehru-Gandhi can never be wrong, when was the last time you saw a news channel criticising a Nehru-Gandhi?

How many news channels showed this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIv_rtFWLps

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIv_rtFWLps[/YOUTUBE]

Why is he being allowed to visit universities to propagate his party's agenda? No political party should be allowed to do this.

And what about his recent "NGS commandos UP and Bihar saved Mumbai during 26/11" remark, this was as inflammatory as were the remarks from the Thackereys. That wasn't a mature comment IMO!
Edited by SolidSnake - 14 years ago
@Gauri
loved the use of adynatones to convey the message (there was no need to write after that)
Edited by baddie - 14 years ago
See, the main thing is that he will never be like a common man, but at least he tried to. Not like Bal Thackeray, who is terrorizing non-Marathis or like Mamata Banarjee, who shouts like there's no end and then gives false promises and doesn't do s**t. The thing is that he is not learning from his mother.
Rahul Gandhi travelling in local train may be a politically smart move. He not only made the common people travelling feel thrilled to see him by their side! Same air, same heat, same crowd and ....
Even if it was pre-planned, strategic ploy, still it was successfull in accomplishing his agenda. He captured the middle class attention with affection. He catch the headlines but in a positive way. Besides he gave a befitting reply to Thackeray's and Raj's.

Whatever critics might say,  Rahul has won the hearts of the vote casting people.
double postEdited by angelic_devil - 14 years ago
first of all nehru and gandhi dynasties do not choose to be politicians and PMs. they dont even need to be all that to earn money like other parties and politicians who CHOOSE politics and make it dirty for their own benefit.
as far as congress dividing people based on religion is concerned............ i dont think they have. we were always divided. we were still fighting with the muslims for invading our land and winning back the territories which we lost. then britishers took advantage of it and divided india before going. so where does the question arise about dividing india and how? by basing it on securalism?
now rahul gandhi did not choose to be a politician, he is shoved to be one. he did not choose to constantly live under security threat. he did not choose to be devoid of freedom to even jogg alone due to security threats. so to put your security at stake just to prove to the common people something is commendable and praiseworthy. how many BJP or shivsena leaders have traveled on a road which was not emptied bcoz they r passing from there? so we should stop seeing the bad things he did, but open our eyes and see what all he has out at stake to prove a small point which shows his dedication towards his action. and i dont think he is fake.
Originally posted by angelic_devil

first of all nehru and gandhi dynasties do not choose to be politicians and PMs.......

......now rahul gandhi did not choose to be a politician, he is shoved to be one........

Tum ney meri aankhey khol deen!  I used to think they are corrupt to the core.  You made me realize that they are spineless too on top of being corrupt😛  Generation after generation letting others "shove" them into what they do not want to do😆  Says a lot about their character - eh😉
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Why is he being allowed to visit universities to propagate his party's agenda? No political party should be allowed to do this.

And what about his recent "NGS commandos UP and Bihar saved Mumbai during 26/11" remark, this was as inflammatory as were the remarks from the Thackereys. That wasn't a mature comment IMO!

I actually support the option of politicians speaking at universities. Over here universities may choose to have politicians as keynote speakers at variety of events. Politician or not, anyone who speaks at a university is propagating their perspective. An entrepreneur will promote their perspectives on business, scientists will promote their hypothesis, celebrities promote their world view. A private college even has a privilege of promoting a lop sided agenda of what they believe right. Having controversial speakers is one way of getting students to think and get involved in critical issues. It is also a matter of freedom of speech, student organization wants the KKK or some other radical leader speak at their meeting. propagate their views - that organization has the right to do so, as long as it does not encourage violence.

As for the NGS commandos from UP and Bihar saved Mumbai, I can see where it can be perceived inflammatory. It appears to take the Thackeray anti immigrant slogan and turns it around to the inflammatory opposite. At the same time it is just a reactionary statement.

If a man is racist, but a black fireman saved him from a fire, or a man is anti-immigrant and a Mexican tended to his wounds after he was mugged - it makes a point - look - you hate black people/Mexicans - but here they are some who helped you and cared for you. It can be taken in similar context, look you dislike these immigrants in your city - but it was these people you dislike who were amidst the ranks of those who helped in dire need. It is time to stop seeing the world with blind prejudice.
Originally posted by Gauri_3

<br><br>Tum ney meri aankhey khol deen! I used to think they are corrupt to the core. You made me realize that they are spineless too on top of being corrupt😛 Generation after generation letting others "shove" them into what they do not want to do😆 Says a lot about their character - eh😉<br>

haha that way half the world is spineless as most politicians shove their children to politics and so do actors and cricketers, businessmen etc. even normal people wants their sons to be engg. doctors. but the point here is that they have and are paying a BIG amount for being the first political family of india, cosidering the untimely death of almost all their family members, the hours of work they r doing, the responsibility, the high expectations they have to stand true to and many many moer things which we conveniently close our eyes to. we think just bcoz they r getting to live a luxurious life and fame, all is well, which is not the case.