Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

MithiBani

IF-Sizzlerz

MithiBani

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

Rahul's risky ride: Rahul Gandhi boarded a fast local at Andheri at 1pm to Dadar and walked across the foot overbridge to come to the central line to take another train to Ghatkopar.

What is he trying to prove?? Confused  That is just like the aam junta??

Didn't he think of how much he must've disturbed the common commuter that day...all that chaos and drama? Look...

He'll never be the aam aadmi. So why all this dramebaazi?? Ouch 

Source of pics :dnaindia

Edited by MithiBani - 05 February 2010 at 3:27pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rahul Gandhi taking the local train" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Actually what Rahul Gandhi did was very good and honest. But it's repurcations weren't.  As simple as that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBani

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon-PoisonIvy-

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

MithiBani

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by debayon

Actually what Rahul Gandhi did was very good and honest. But it's repurcations weren't.  As simple as that.

he is no where close to being "honest", debayon.  He has been a failure at everything he has attempted in his life so far.  Without that Gandhi last name, he would be a no-body right now. 
he is one of the young and budding politicians who understands what India needs from a young and capable person's POV.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:48pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBani-PoisonIvy-

MithiBani

IF-Sizzlerz

MithiBani

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

^^ It was symbolic.  He snubbed Shiv Sena chief royally and endeared himself to commoners.  Aam mumbaikars were pleasantly surprised and happy to see him amongst them --- and thackreys claim they represent the aam marathi manoos.  It was  big tight slap right across the thackreys' cheekLOL

Seriously, I don't give a crap for Congress either.  They divided India on religious lines long time ago.  I feel Congress has been the very first political party that followed the divide and rule policy after brits left.  But this time around - I absolutely loved the resounding chataakh Rahul sent across to those thackrey clownsLOL

Well if they were happy to see him then maybe it's fine but if I was a commuter that day, I'd be royally pissed at all that commotion and it would have nothing to do with the Thackerays or the Congress. Angry 

ITA about the Congress using the divide and rule policy.

IMO doing such things serve no purpose. It's not like we'll accept him as the aam aadmi. He is the Yuvraj. Ermm But I just saw a video of Udhav commenting about this railyatra and his comment made me feel that you are right. He did get under their skin. Udhav said 'Rahul's drama is typical of north Indians!!'. Ermm Ermm Ermm Dead

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Everyone is an ordinary person, until we choose that they ought to be more than ordinary. World renown violin player Joshua Bell played in a subway station for 45 minutes and not a single person recognized him. 

Rahul merely did something to connect with ordinary people. Political ploy, but it is still a nice gesture to equate oneself with the common man. People were excited at him being amidst them. It is not his fault that people should consider him extraordinary and hype his train transit. I mean when you look down to it, millions ride the train a day - hundreds probably for the first time,  it is no Olympian feat - Can't blame him for his ride being special. After all the ordinary person could have chosen to show him, exactly what it means to be merely another face in the crowd. They chose not to.

-PoisonIvy-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top