Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

~*Sacrifice*~two people,one lifetime love

Posted: 14 years ago
Tow different people born and brought up together find it difficult to live together and leave each other.Will they understand that Love and Sacrifice are two sides of one coin?

Miley_hp aka Aishwariya Majumdar has brought to you one of my best short stories.

Please read and comment.....and watch out for more striking chapters of the story.

Sacrifice

❤️Chapter 1❤️

"Eureka! I'm finally done" said Angellina and stretched at the computer table. "And now....draft.....and send......delivered! Bingo! And now its in the Editor's inbox."
"So you are finally done huh?" asked Ron, from the bed, busy with a buch of papers, a calculator and a laptop. Angellina tidied her table and kept her spectacles in the spectacle box. She then kept the chair sideways and headed for the kitchen downstairs. "I hope you'll enjoy Chicken wings with sweet chillie sauce?" asked Angellina as sh headd downstairs, her voice fading slowly. "Sure!" answered back Ron.

He had nothing to object about. It was the only thing he was able to do. He was tired of eating the same old sour dishes like pickled potatoes with breads and the Mexican herbs with white sauce and lemon. They were just cracking his nerves. He was fed up of them. But he never objected openly, he never got time. They would make things more complicated, more troublesome...like their marriage, a failing one.

Ron did some calculations and made a graph in one of the papers. Then the aroma of sweet chillie sauce filled the room. Ran straightened his grasses and moved his neck sideways and massaged his head on his own. Better. "Have you brought the rock salt and the malt vinegar?" came Angellina's voice from downstairs.

"Its in the small cupboard, beside the refrigerator", replied Ron.

He heard Angellina open it and closing it.

Work was soon over and Ron tidied the bed and packed his bag for work the next morning. He then decided to shower first and then have dinner without relish. He took his pyjamas and went to the bathroom. The Geyser was already on, Angellina probably had switched it on this evening. He opened the tap and sank into the hot water.....this was how life should always be.

Meanwhile, Angellina poured the chilled sweet chillie sauce into two separate bowls and sorted the wings with rock salt and white pepper. She poured the red wine and some gin into Ron's glass-his favourite drink with dinner, and poured herself some orange juice. Ron came down after fifteen minutes, his blue pyjamas had soaked spots of water and so did his shirt. Ron took a wing and dipped it into the sauce and sipped the drink.

"Tomorrow, I'll be off a little early. I've got to meet man who alone saved the trees of Liverpool when it was facing the government crisis. I mean he is truly an inspiration", said Angellina, chirping like a little girl.

"Good to know", said Ron, not caring much. He had never really carried too much about Angellina's reports and articles in the Forbes, even though, it was one of the leading magazines of the country. She always was very imaginative, not seeing and thinking much,and Ron was exactly the opposite to whom he had married. But somehow, he had to do with her. And he never was bothered when she returned home, as long as she was in before he did.

Both had dinner quietly, not talking much. Angellina finished dinner first and put the dishes into the dishwasher. She put few drops of the liquid soap and turned the switch on. Then she went upstairs, for bed probably. It was a signal for Ron to do the same and conclude it. While Angellina began to leave the kitchen, Ron paused eating and looked at her, but then resumed eating.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_.serendipity._ thumbnail

Hey Aishwariya,

This is a beautiful story, and very well-written too! I love it. It's so realistic, and very intriguing too!

Please let me know when you update. I really, really want to know what happens next!

Great work! 👏

Sure serendipity....I have it written in my diary already. Hope to post the next chapter soon.
Rafa.LunaPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great one Aishwarya!
Good going..really interesting..waiting to read more!
Update soon...:))
Love
~Aranya