Debate Mansion

Shiv Sena threatens Shahrukh Khan!! (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 146

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by angelic_devil

actually. let one of SRK's close relative die in a 26/11 then we will how much he will support Pak players. first people shout that nothing is done after 26/11 and when something is done then they cry discrimination. wow!!!!!!! he calls himself indian but had he been real indian, including aamir and salman, they would support others and not support the pak players.

Originally posted by blue-ice

That is a very bad wish even for an enemyDead
It sure is. But first, how do you know that she wished that?? I will take it as: if SRK's close relative died in 26/11 then he would've actually felt how much it hurts and maybe his reaction would've been different.

Just because the Shahrukh, salmaan and aamir have a last name as Khan u are doubting if they are IndianDead

Do u know how many Indians love the pakistaani singers....are they not indian as well...
Question here is not whether some Indians love Pakistani singers or cricketers. Question is whether Pakistani singers and cricketers should be allowed to work and earn in our country.

I don't see the difference between a pakistaani singer and a player...a pakistaani is a pakistaani.....
Yes a Pakistani is a Pakistani irrespective of whether he sings or swings bat/ball. And many people in our country (India) have reservations about allowing any Pakistani to make money on Indian soil.

and what would call all those Indians who are eating away their own country by their corrupt practices and have managed to put India in the top corrupt countries of the world...they are Indians right?Dead
Did someone say that they are oh so in love with corrupt Indians??

I did not make up what she wished for.....its written right there in her post.....Dead
Why shouldn't those Pakistani's be allowed to work in India  who are honest and law abiding citizens...and  have no link with terrorism.....aren't the Indians allowed to go to other countries and earn..

Edited by blue-ice - 09 February 2010 at 3:58pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shiv Sena threatens Shahrukh Khan!! (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Exactly my thoughts.

There are Pakistani cricket players I enjoy and would have liked seeing them in IPL. I enjoy some Pakistani musicians and own their CD's. I still continue to support these artists. Does that make me less Indian or a traitor? Does someone close to me deserve to die in a terrorist attack, so that I learn whatever lesson it is that you wish me to learn about patriotism? Or am I an exception to these rules because I happen to be a Hindu?

No I do not support any form of terrorism at all. I do want speedy trials of terrorists and justice be served immediately. No I do not support the aspects within Pakistan that harbor terrorism, nor do I support their government that does nothing to help us or even help their own country that is having a problem with terrorists.

However, I do not have anything against an ordinary Pakistani citizen, celebrity or lay person (Unless of course they explicitly condone terrorism). Is it a person's fault to be born to a certain nationality or religion? Since when did that become a crime.

As an Indian and as an American, there are many things that the respective governments or even citizen groups do that I do not like or condone. I would prefer to be seen as an individual and the values I stand for. Similarly, I extend that courtesy to an individual irrespective of nation or religion and see them for the values they stand. If they stand for intolerance or terrorism or even turning a blind eye to injustice, then I cannot respect or support them.

If you want to protest against a country's actions, you do what, invite the people from that country to make a living in your country??

Am I protesting the actions of a citizen, an organization or a nation?

In this case I am protesting the actions of an organization which is supported by some but not all citizens of a nation and is connected to some administrative aspects not all of a nation.

Can limiting the options of a lay person be an effective way of protesting the actions of a nation/organization?

Limiting the options of the lay citizen is a viable solution as either punishing the citizens for supporting a rogue force or as a means of riling citizens to pressure the government to address a rogue force. In this scenario I feel neither scenarios is fulfilled. Limiting the lay citizen is not a viable solution for this case.

Just to add -

Country X commits aggression against Country Y. This is a pretty straight cut matter. Country Y can retaliate by aggression or blockade and be justified in doing so.

In a few rare scenarios there maybe exceptions. What is the attitude of the citizens of Country X to its government? In many situations where the government illegally one elections or there was a coup, Country Y will still offer asylum to people from Country X despite aggression. Of course in a fair democracy it is assumed that Country X expresses the will of the people in its aggression.

Group Z in Country X commits aggression against Country Y. This is a more grey matter. Along with citizens demeanor there are lot more questions to be asked. Is Group Z an official representative of country X? Does Country X support group Z's actions? Does Country X fund group Z? Does Country X harbor or protect Group Z? Does Country X do anything to stop Group Z? Does Country X assign Group Z rogue status? What does Country X claim about group Z?

The answers to these questions should allow country Y to determine what is the best course of action against group Z in country X, that will not only be effective but also minimize dissent towards country Y in the international community partner against common enemy, retaliate with aggression,  enforce blockades, diplomatic pressure to change stance,  freezes in trade/immigration.

Sports and arts are additional factors to international relations. For example the spirit of Olympics is revered. All countries are expected to cease fire for the duration of Olympics. It is not always viable or done in modern times, but the gesture is considered commendable. Also does a host nation allow athletes to enter if they are affiliated with a rogue nation or a nation it has frozen/severed ties with or engaged in aggression with. Does this code apply to all sports and more importantly should a nation even consider complying with such decrees? If a nation has not officially declared a nation rogue, nor has it frozen/severed ties or engaged in aggression then what is the course.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged

Exactly my thoughts.

As an Indian and as an American, there are many things that the respective governments or even citizen groups do that I do not like or condone. I would prefer to be seen as an individual and the values I stand for. Similarly, I extend that courtesy to an individual irrespective of nation or religion and see them for the values they stand. If they stand for intolerance or terrorism or even turning a blind eye to injustice, then I cannot respect or support them.

If you want to protest against a country's actions, you do what, invite the people from that country to make a living in your country??

I would say in general people seem to be confused. Probably they want to protest but they are not sure how to protest. There seems to be lot of emotional baggage and in my view this is the exact problem. Unless the Govt . and people of India learn to show a tactical and strategical side without getting emotional the cycle of hate and love and hate will go on because the ground reality is not going to change. This is more true for the GOI.

All over the world only those countries are taken seriously who are strong in terms of economy, large geographical boundaries, military power and above all attitude in dealing with strategical affairs. While India is doing well on the first three fronts it does not know how to handle its strategical affairs. On one hand Pak bargains with the whole world by saying they will let loose their terrorists to target other countries, India still behaves like a helpless big brother.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

souroangelic_devil

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bartz

Exactly my thoughts.

I would say in general people seem to be confused. Probably they want to protest but they are not sure how to protest. There seems to be lot of emotional baggage and in my view this is the exact problem. Unless the Govt . and people of India learn to show a tactical and strategical side without getting emotional the cycle of hate and love and hate will go on because the ground reality is not going to change. This is more true for the GOI.

All over the world only those countries are taken seriously who are strong in terms of economy, large geographical boundaries, military power and above all attitude in dealing with strategical affairs. While India is doing well on the first three fronts it does not know how to handle its strategical affairs. On one hand Pak bargains with the whole world by saying they will let loose their terrorists to target other countries, India still behaves like a helpless big brother.

@ bold: Shiv Sena and emotional baggage.ROFLROFL What a joke!!! You made my day.

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by angelic_devil

actually. let one of SRK's close relative die in a 26/11 then we will how much he will support Pak players. first people shout that nothing is done after 26/11 and when something is done then they cry discrimination. wow!!!!!!! he calls himself indian but had he been real indian, including aamir and salman, they would support others and not support the pak players.

That is a very bad wish even for an enemyDead
It sure is. But first, how do you know that she wished that?? I will take it as: if SRK's close relative died in 26/11 then he would've actually felt how much it hurts and maybe his reaction would've been different.

Just because the Shahrukh, salmaan and aamir have a last name as Khan u are doubting if they are IndianDead

Do u know how many Indians love the pakistaani singers....are they not indian as well...
Question here is not whether some Indians love Pakistani singers or cricketers. Question is whether Pakistani singers and cricketers should be allowed to work and earn in our country.

I don't see the difference between a pakistaani singer and a player...a pakistaani is a pakistaani.....
Yes a Pakistani is a Pakistani irrespective of whether he sings or swings bat/ball. And many people in our country (India) have reservations about allowing any Pakistani to make money on Indian soil.

and what would call all those Indians who are eating away their own country by their corrupt practices and have managed to put India in the top corrupt countries of the world...they are Indians right?Dead
Did someone say that they are oh so in love with corrupt Indians??

I did not make up what she wished for.....its written right there in her post.....Dead
Why shouldn't those Pakistani's be allowed to work in India  who are honest and law abiding citizens...and  have no link with terrorism.....aren't the Indians allowed to go to other countries and earn..

Is the Indian state sponsoring terrorism against those countries where Indians live and work?

For more than 60 yrs India has been welcoming singers, cricketers and other people from Pk  and what have Indians got in return, more and more terrorism in India. Now if India wants to put a full stop to all this GOI must change its strategy to deal with Pak and their terrorist activities in India. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

souroangelic_devil-PoisonIvy-

souro

souro

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:34pm | IP Logged

If you're not making it up then show me where it's written something like 'I wish that SRK's relative had died'.

Why shouldn't those Pakistani's be allowed to work in India  who are honest and law abiding citizens...and  have no link with terrorism.....
And how do you know that who is linked with terrorists and who is not?? That country is a breeding ground for terrorists, so every citizen becomes an automatic suspect of having terror links. Why should we spend our tax money to screen their credentials just so they can enter our country and earn money.

aren't the Indians allowed to go to other countries and earn..
Is India sending terrorists to those countries to create terror??

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Bartzangelic_devilFair-n-luvly-PoisonIvy-

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by Bartz

Exactly my thoughts.

@ bold: Shiv Sena and emotional baggage.ROFLROFL What a joke!!! You made my day.

Looks like you love SS a lot. 
"Emotional baggage" is in the context of attitude of Indians toward Pakland. That particular post is in connection with protest against Pakland.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilFair-n-luvly

souro

souro

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 4:41pm | IP Logged

Am I protesting the actions of a citizen, an organization or a nation?

And who makes up those organisations and the nation if not the citizen??
If only some of the citizens make up those organisations and the nation, then what are the rest of the citizens doing to stop that. Have we seen any kind of protest from them

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Bartzangelic_devil-PoisonIvy-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top