Debate Mansion

Most sinful countries in the world (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Im soo proud of UK, hittin 6th position. Well done, looks like we're goin heaven.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SilverFlames-baz786Meena1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Most sinful countries in the world (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

MithiBaniPerfangel5655baz786

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 4:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBani

-aragorn-

-aragorn-

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meena1

so having national pride is apparently a sin..LOL.. damn then Indians must be up there.... Damn BBC.. racist for not including india in its list..Angry..LOL
I know the reason... BBC didn't consider "false" national pride in the assessment. LOLLOLLOL
Being proud for no apparent reason is not a sin. LOL

Disclaimer: This is just a joke. Tongue

Edited by -aragorn- - 04 February 2010 at 5:23am

MithiBaniPerfangel5655Meena1

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
No joke that the Aussies are at the top. The people are all bloody criminals and on top of that they eat, drink and breathe beer. I feel bad for the kangaroos and the wallabies.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBaninisha80

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

No joke that the Aussies are at the top. The people are all bloody criminals and on top of that they eat, drink and breathe beer. I feel bad for the kangaroos and the wallabies.
C'mon...what's wrong in drinking beer, as long as they don't trouble you?

This particular survey has considered only certain types of 'sins'. These are what the people who have conducted the survey consider as 'sins'. There are many other types of sins which are not included in this. And probably this survey never considered certain 'internal' sins in India

They talk of racism abroad. Are we Indians not racist to some extent? Why do we discriminate on basis of caste or language or skin colour? Don't  they show ads on TV 'glorifying' fair skin? SRK is the brand ambassador of a 'mens fairness cream'. Why are these being allowed? First ban those ads and those 'fairness' products. They are all fake....nothing can change the natural colour of your skin. You can reduce 'skin damage' by using sunscreen and that's it. Nothing can prevent tanning.

I know a person who is dark skinned and has an MBA in HR. She applied for a job in one of the top 3 IT companies...and the recruitment guy asked for the photo of the candidate. She was rejected. She found the reason through some internal sources and found that it is because she didn't have a 'pleasing' personality.

Next, think of the dowry issue. Govt has 'officially' banned it, but has the problem stopped? Absolutely not. There is an educated friend of mine, who got married by paying a dowry of 40 lakh...because she  was highly educated and she had to find a highly educated groom, whose 'price' was higher.(She has 2 sons  now) I asked this lady as to whether she  would take dowry for her sons, and she said 'definitely'. When I had to pay so much, why should I not get it back? And she is one of the modern, educated, post graduate ladies!!!

I can go on and on about localised 'sins'.

They say 'while pointing your index finger at someone, remember that the rest of the fingers are pointed towards you'.

Why do we always try to find fault with others and spread hatred? If you want to hate someone, think of those terrorists who want to always attack our  country. Think of those sickening politicians who are spreading discord and can be rightly categorised as 'terrorists'.

But please spare the common public (of our country and other countries). They are much less sinners.

Edited by visrom - 04 February 2010 at 5:40pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

radha187MagixX

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

C'mon...what's wrong in drinking beer, as long as they don't trouble you?No, as long as it's in the hands of sane people who know when to stop, no it doesn't. Plus, all the British criminals were sent to prison in Australia in the early 1800's, I think. Take an example of cricket itself, look how Australians are the kings of sledging. The brawly genes have been passed over to them by their ancestors.

This particular survey has considered only certain types of 'sins'. These are what the people who have conducted the survey consider as 'sins'. There are many other types of sins which are not included in this. And probably this survey never considered certain 'internal' sins in India. That's what I regret too. The survey is like an oxymoron. They haven't considered Indians as one of the sinful countries in the world. That's because it's made by British who don't like recognizing India as a country. I have read many articles about British not considering India as a country and have heard of many incidents of racism on Indians by my relatives out there. But I guess that's good in a way that Indians were not considered in this survey. We can stick our thumbs and tongues out at US, UK etc and say "Take that!!!"LOL

They talk of racism abroad. Are we Indians not racist to some extent? Why do we discriminate on basis of caste or language or skin colour? Don't  they show ads on TV 'glorifying' fair skin? SRK is the brand ambassador of a 'mens fairness cream'. Why are these being allowed? First ban those ads and those 'fairness' products. They are all fake....nothing can change the natural colour of your skin. You can reduce 'skin damage' by using sunscreen and that's it. Nothing can prevent tanning. Racism is not limited to the US and other countries, of course. It's only that racism is more abundant and widespread in foreign countries because there are people of different races residing together. It's  human psychology for people too look down upon others, whether they are of the same race of not, as it is human nature to brag and show that they are above everyone else and are the 'elite'. Of course there's caste system etc. in India, but that is not racism. Racism is discrimination of individuals on the basis of their skin color or their national origin, also known as race. Caste system is discrimination based on one's social status quo. But I don't approve of it, as I have mentioned earlier. But apparently, in India, people are taking caste system a bit to seriously. So many seats been given off to OBC's, ST's instead of people who actually deserve it. That's another reason why India is the nation with the most number of suicides. As to why SRK is endorsing this, it's called marketing or more specifically, testimonial(Meena ji, taking AP NSL actually helps,WinkTongueLOL) A marketing startegy that shows incorrect or biased information to convince people for buying that product. These ads are preferable done by celebrities, so that people are further influenced into buying the item(s).

I know a person who is dark skinned and has an MBA in HR. She applied for a job in one of the top 3 IT companies...and the recruitment guy asked for the photo of the candidate. She was rejected. She found the reason through some internal sources and found that it is because she didn't have a 'pleasing' personality.

Next, think of the dowry issue. Govt has 'officially' banned it, but has the problem stopped? Absolutely not. There is an educated friend of mine, who got married by paying a dowry of 40 lakh...because she  was highly educated and she had to find a highly educated groom, whose 'price' was higher.(She has 2 sons  now) I asked this lady as to whether she  would take dowry for her sons, and she said 'definitely'. When I had to pay so much, why should I not get it back? And she is one of the modern, educated, post graduate ladies!!! India is a very big country, Visrom ji, with too many people in it. Kis kis ko dekhenge? The government can't actually pick individual people and punish them for performing this sin. The corruption in our country doesn't help. Suprsisingly though, India is 72nd corrupt nation in the world.  That's one of the low mentality of Indians: Usne kiya mere saath, mein uske saath kyon nahi karu. Just shows why India is still a 3rd- world country despite having sharp brains while US is a developed country, despite having people who weigh 300 pounds buying 4 BigMacs and 2 portions of french fries and a large soft drink.

They say 'while pointing your index finger at someone, remember that the rest of the fingers are pointed towards you'. Yep, completely agree. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Why do we always try to find fault with others and spread hatred? If you want to hate someone, think of those terrorists who want to always attack our  country. Think of those sickening politicians who are spreading discord and can be rightly categorised as 'terrorists'.

But please spare the common public (of our country and other countries). They are much less sinners.

All this time, you have been criticizing the country and I have been elaborating/ slightly disagreeing with you. But now tell me, why is India in the G20 of Nations? It has had an expontential growth as far as progress and development has been concerned in the fastest time too, in about 60 years. Why is India so big in the IT industry right now? People are emigrating to India from other countries, both desi and non-desis because of it's increasing rate of job opportunities. India is one of the few countries with a positive GDP during this current worldwide recession. Think about all this too. Their are good sides to India too.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 6:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by visrom

C'mon...what's wrong in drinking beer, as long as they don't trouble you?No, as long as it's in the hands of sane people who know when to stop, no it doesn't. Plus, all the British criminals were sent to prison in Australia in the early 1800's, I think. Take an example of cricket itself, look how Australians are the kings of sledging. The brawly genes have been passed over to them by their ancestors.

This particular survey has considered only certain types of 'sins'. These are what the people who have conducted the survey consider as 'sins'. There are many other types of sins which are not included in this. And probably this survey never considered certain 'internal' sins in India. That's what I regret too. The survey is like an oxymoron. They haven't considered Indians as one of the sinful countries in the world. That's because it's made by British who don't like recognizing India as a country. I have read many articles about British not considering India as a country and have heard of many incidents of racism on Indians by my relatives out there. But I guess that's good in a way that Indians were not considered in this survey. We can stick our thumbs and tongues out at US, UK etc and say "Take that!!!"LOL

They talk of racism abroad. Are we Indians not racist to some extent? Why do we discriminate on basis of caste or language or skin colour? Don't  they show ads on TV 'glorifying' fair skin? SRK is the brand ambassador of a 'mens fairness cream'. Why are these being allowed? First ban those ads and those 'fairness' products. They are all fake....nothing can change the natural colour of your skin. You can reduce 'skin damage' by using sunscreen and that's it. Nothing can prevent tanning. Racism is not limited to the US and other countries, of course. It's only that racism is more abundant and widespread in foreign countries because there are people of different races residing together. It's  human psychology for people too look down upon others, whether they are of the same race of not, as it is human nature to brag and show that they are above everyone else and are the 'elite'. Of course there's caste system etc. in India, but that is not racism. Racism is discrimination of individuals on the basis of their skin color or their national origin, also known as race. Caste system is discrimination based on one's social status quo. But I don't approve of it, as I have mentioned earlier. But apparently, in India, people are taking caste system a bit to seriously. So many seats been given off to OBC's, ST's instead of people who actually deserve it. That's another reason why India is the nation with the most number of suicides. As to why SRK is endorsing this, it's called marketing or more specifically, testimonial(Meena ji, taking AP NSL actually helps,WinkTongueLOL) A marketing startegy that shows incorrect or biased information to convince people for buying that product. These ads are preferable done by celebrities, so that people are further influenced into buying the item(s).

Next, think of the dowry issue. Govt has 'officially' banned it, but has the problem stopped? Absolutely not. There is an educated friend of mine, who got married by paying a dowry of 40 lakh...because she  was highly educated and she had to find a highly educated groom, whose 'price' was higher.(She has 2 sons  now) I asked this lady as to whether she  would take dowry for her sons, and she said 'definitely'. When I had to pay so much, why should I not get it back? And she is one of the modern, educated, post graduate ladies!!! India is a very big country, Visrom ji, with too many people in it. Kis kis ko dekhenge? The government can't actually pick individual people and punish them for performing this sin. The corruption in our country doesn't help. Suprsisingly though, India is 72nd corrupt nation in the world.  That's one of the low mentality of Indians: Usne kiya mere saath, mein uske saath kyon nahi karu. Just shows why India is still a 3rd- world country despite having sharp brains while US is a developed country, despite having people who weigh 300 pounds buying 4 BigMacs and 2 portions of french fries and a large soft drink.

They say 'while pointing your index finger at someone, remember that the rest of the fingers are pointed towards you'. Yep, completely agree. The grass is always greener on the other side.

All this time, you have been criticizing the country and I have been elaborating/ slightly disagreeing with you. But now tell me, why is India in the G20 of Nations? It has had an expontential growth as far as progress and development has been concerned in the fastest time too, in about 60 years. Why is India so big in the IT industry right now? People are emigrating to India from other countries, both desi and non-desis because of it's increasing rate of job opportunities. India is one of the few countries with a positive GDP during this current worldwide recession. Think about all this too. Their are good sides to India too.
I never criticise my country...I said that we have our own faults, so pls don't blame Aussies for drinking beer!!!
All I say is we shouldn't spread hatred.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top